Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2018, 09:36:58 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 11, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2018, 08:12:44 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.

Im not sayin weather it was done or not, you are hypa
f**k off Bennyharp, there's no room for Sectarian abuse in our national sport! Catch yourself on!!

And you know for sure it definitely happened? Where did I say sectarian abuse was ok? My point was, if and when it comes out we can comment then - I'm sure the Wylies are big enough to decide if it was an issue that needs to be made public. Forgive me for being old school here, but i'll wait until the actual facts are available before condemning people rather than through a private messaging campaign started via a faceless internet troll.

Im not arguing if it was said or not, this isnt my point, but you said they are "big boys and can dish it out and take it" 
Weather or not you can take it isnt the point, its the fact its brought into the game and its biggoted behavior and sooner or later (and has been the case before) someone wont take the sectarian abuse and will just quit the sport for another, weather you can take it or not, it just should never be said...

I said they can dish it out and take it (which I mean in general) but "If something really bad (like any form of sectarian abuse or racial abuse) was said I'm sure the Wylie's themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit"

At the minute - we have the word of someone who has a reputation for being quite personal and controversial in his comments about certain issues with regards the county set up. These sort of rumours end up getting picked up on other threads and by lazy journalists and before you know it its a complete witch hunt and a further stick to beat the team by. If you wish to join him in this vigilante group against one of our own players before any evidence is put forward (bar...one fairly dubious source.) then crack on. But don't try to deflect things on to me by suggesting I think sectarian abuse is ok because God knows we've all faced it enough ourselves over the years to know its not.
That was never a square ball!!

Thebigdog

Just reading Sean Cavanagh s account of onfield 'sledging' towards him. Truly disgusting especially that Cavan tr**p in 05. I've no doubt in my mind it was Cavan manager of the time Martin McElkennon put him up to it. Just goes to show the standard of coach he is. Remember him taking a session with our club and thinking this will be good to learn a new way of playing. Instead it was 'lads to have a good chance of winning go up to the referee before the game and ask how was him and his family keeping?' I tell ye Jim Gavin has it too easy.

Snapchap

Southtyronegael/thebigdog blackening a Tyrone players name online over allegations that the player taunted Drew Wylie over his religion. This is the same poster who taunts Mickey Harte over his religion on an almost daily basis.

Go away back under your rock, Brian.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Snapchap on September 11, 2018, 10:45:25 AM
Southtyronegael/thebigdog blackening a Tyrone players name online over allegations that the player taunted Drew Wylie over his religion. This is the same poster who taunts Mickey Harte over his religion on an almost daily basis.

God forbid anyone says anything about Tyrone with heroes like Snapchat and Bennyharp around  ;D ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 12, 2018, 03:56:35 AM

Southh Tyrone Gael is not the bigdog or vice versa. Shut up you f**king idiot! As it happens I am all for minorities playing our games. I mean look at castlederg it's full of protestants, half protestants and all sorts of rubbish. If it got its act together it could make the top six in division 2 some day isn't that right  shitchat?
??

Snapchap

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 11, 2018, 10:06:33 PM

God forbid anyone says anything about Tyrone with heroes like Snapchat and Bennyharp around  ;D ;D

Merely pointing out a hypocrite, nothing more.

southtyronegael

anyone think a few tyrone players lucky to get all star nominations? [mattie Donnelly, tiarnan mc cann, peter harte] and a few very unlucky [ mc aliskey, mc shane]?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 12, 2018, 03:56:35 AM

Southh Tyrone Gael is not the bigdog or vice versa.

Yes you are thebigdog Southtyronegael!!!

Thebigdog

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 12, 2018, 09:36:55 PM
anyone think a few tyrone players lucky to get all star nominations? [mattie Donnelly, tiarnan mc cann, peter harte] and a few very unlucky [ mc aliskey, mc shane]?
The closest Peter Harte will get too Tyrone greatness is when he calls around too PCs house and takes his daughter to the cinema.

nrico2006

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 10, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2018, 11:39:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.
If the Wylie's were dark skinned and were being subjected to racist abuse instead, would it be ok to simply brush it off as "big boys (that) can dish it out and take it"? I'd doubt it.

Sledging happens in lots of games, and it will never go away. However there are some lines that should not be crossed and I'd include in that sectarianism, racism and exploiting personal tragedies (for example the recent death of a close family member or friend). Anyone engaging in shite like that is a sc**bag and deserves to be called out on it.

I get what you are saying.  Though, some people are easily offended it seems.  Never been a big one for slobbering on the pitch (do enough off it though) but had lots said to me and had the standard OB etc stuff when playing Cavan and Monaghan clubs before but maybe its just me but it was hardly something that was ever going to rile me.  Sticks and stones and all that.

I'm not so sure. Deaths are definitely a no-go. Anything else but is fair game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 11, 2018, 10:17:13 AM
Just reading Sean Cavanagh s account of onfield 'sledging' towards him. Truly disgusting especially that Cavan tr**p in 05. I've no doubt in my mind it was Cavan manager of the time Martin McElkennon put him up to it. Just goes to show the standard of coach he is. Remember him taking a session with our club and thinking this will be good to learn a new way of playing. Instead it was 'lads to have a good chance of winning go up to the referee before the game and ask how was him and his family keeping?' I tell ye Jim Gavin has it too easy.

Here thebigdogSouthtyronegael goes again. Blackening Martin McElkennon's name without absolutely any proof whatsoever only 'I've no doubt in my mind" bollocks. A total mouth!!!

Under Lights

Harte Out, Canavan In per Sean Cavanagh. Admits to dark arts being coached.

QuoteSean Cavanagh has pinpointed the 2009 All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Cork as the moment his relationship with Mickey Harte soured, after his former manager accused him of buckling under the pressure to perform when the attacker opted out of the starting line-up.
Cavanagh says he barely slept the night before the showdown with the Rebels as he fell victim to a bug.
On the morning of the game he told Harte he did not feel up to starting, and ultimately only came on in the last 20 minutes when the match was beyond Tyrone.
Recalling Cavanagh's unwillingness to start, Harte later wrote in his biography: "This moment seemed the culmination of a year's worth of pressure and expectation leaning on him. In the end the roof simply caved in."
The player was not impressed.