Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

bannside

Congratulations to esteemed  county treasurer Donal Murphy on securing a highly lucrative 5 years sponsorship deal with Fibrus. Was most impressed with todays professional launch in Belfast Hilton.

Dominic Kearns is as proud an Antrim man as you could wish for and certainly hasn't forgotten his roots. Vital resources are now available to the county in both codes from under 17 through under 20 to senior  squads - in the process facilitating the development of our potentially elite players as they come out of an already improved juvenile system.

Fair play to all involved, Mackers for his hosting, county managers for their insightful contributions, a shout out ongoing sponsors Premier Electric and Donnelly property, and to evergreen staples Creagh Concrete.

Couldn't help but notice a cosy little cartel in the corner, Philip, Dick, Collie and Tony who rightly deserve all the kudos they receive for the formation and delivery of Saffron Vision...the forerunner that made events like today possible!

Kidder81

You forgot to put "press release"

Silver hill

Quote from: erinsboy on November 30, 2022, 09:27:31 PM
Also plenty of young lads with alot of experience gained and championship medals in there back pockets.
More coming through which I'm sure will feature next season
Keeping the older lads on their toes !!

Going back to last Sunday's game I think the Cargin management don't a masterclass tactically to stifle Glen and would have thought there game plan was well intact until the final minute of the game .
Let's see if kilco can hold them to 11 scores.

Stifle all you want....well done with that but the idea is that you score more than your opponent. Cargin played on the edge and maximised their physicality in the middle third but offered very little in the final third where it matters most.

JimStynes

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with Cargin against Glen. I watched it twice and felt that Cargin weren't anywhere near their best. They should have attacked more and went after the game. Nearly felt like that they were trying to stay in it rather than go and win it!

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on December 01, 2022, 07:15:54 PM
Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with Cargin against Glen. I watched it twice and felt that Cargin weren't anywhere near their best. They should have attacked more and went after the game. Nearly felt like that they were trying to stay in it rather than go and win it!
Probably could argue caught up in hype of Glen and became over defensive, but I do believe we got it right. Hung in there against a strong wind in 1st half and with the clock at 60mins we're 2points down heading into 3mins injury time having just turned a Glen kickout over (free against Mick and game over basically). So I take your point, but I do think but it's a very negative way of looking at it, all things considered

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on December 01, 2022, 04:34:39 PM
Congratulations to esteemed  county treasurer Donal Murphy on securing a highly lucrative 5 years sponsorship deal with Fibrus. Was most impressed with todays professional launch in Belfast Hilton.

Dominic Kearns is as proud an Antrim man as you could wish for and certainly hasn't forgotten his roots. Vital resources are now available to the county in both codes from under 17 through under 20 to senior  squads - in the process facilitating the development of our potentially elite players as they come out of an already improved juvenile system.

Fair play to all involved, Mackers for his hosting, county managers for their insightful contributions, a shout out ongoing sponsors Premier Electric and Donnelly property, and to evergreen staples Creagh Concrete.

Couldn't help but notice a cosy little cartel in the corner, Philip, Dick, Collie and Tony who rightly deserve all the kudos they receive for the formation and delivery of Saffron Vision...the forerunner that made events like today possible!
Will any other Portglenone lads go up along with Dermot BS?

bannside

Dermot and Ryan O Neill atm EOC. Ryan Convery took part in extended squad session/match recently but not sure if he's officially on the panel.

Gold

Totally agree. 2 shots in 1st half makes Jimmy McGuinness' Donegal of 2011 look attacking....but for missed 1 on 1s and shlt after shot from Glen kicked wide under little pressure Cargin could've been blown out of it. Catching marks and not even looking to kick it  forward was destined for a slow death

Cargin could have had more of a go and should have done. Can't win a fight by ducking away from shots, you have to throw a dig

Forwards were poor...only Kobo (unbelievable footballer), O neill and Bradley when he came on were fit to break lines...which is what you need at this level

The young lads need put on serious weight programmes to maximise potential, and really punch at that level, especially Shivers who is a tall man and has the time on his side to add power and fitness to a game reliant on natural talent at present

Last 4 in Ulster is some achievement,  just feel they will be gutted they didn't have a real go

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Spike

Some of the comments above are laughable.   Glen are a serious outfit. This isn't u12 football.   Opening up and going for it worked well for Enniskillen against kilcoo.   

Neither side had a perfect game and would come away with things they would change which is the  same in any match.   Antrim football has a bit more respect this week. 

country bumpkin

Quote from: Gold on December 02, 2022, 12:32:56 AM

Totally agree. 2 shots in 1st half makes Jimmy McGuinness' Donegal of 2011 look attacking....but for missed 1 on 1s and shlt after shot from Glen kicked wide under little pressure Cargin could've been blown out of it. Catching marks and not even looking to kick it  forward was destined for a slow death

Cargin could have had more of a go and should have done. Can't win a fight by ducking away from shots, you have to throw a dig

Forwards were poor...only Kobo (unbelievable footballer), O neill and Bradley when he came on were fit to break lines...which is what you need at this level

The young lads need put on serious weight programmes to maximise potential, and really punch at that level, especially Shivers who is a tall man and has the time on his side to add power and fitness to a game reliant on natural talent at present

Last 4 in Ulster is some achievement,  just feel they will be gutted they didn't have a real go

Jeez Gold you so seemwell aware of the requirements of life on the fast lane on the Ulster Way...

Am sure RD and the lads would be grateful of such musings when they set about ascending the same steep trail 2023.....ty

quit yo jibbajabba

Yawn

Best not offer up any analysis or opinion else the bumpkin will directly attack you or your club.

Dafuq age are you

barnish oggie

Quote from: Gold on December 02, 2022, 12:32:56 AM

Is it a lack of fitness or just a lack of a desire to work?

Late in the second half he lost the ball in the right corner and just watched his man break away with the ball without making any effort to tackle.

Incredibly talented but looks so lazy, so hopefully it is just fitness and with improvement on that he steps up, as he would be a great addition to the county team if he had a higher work rate.

Lár na páirce 1

Some big experts on cargin now and game plans and not going for it as such.Last week it was a matter of Glen turning up just for a comfortable win. I can tell you Cargin played well no matter about everyone's negativity and brought the game down to injury time. You can all have a go at us next year and see how you all fair out, Bring it on.

wolfofwhitehall

New social media page for Antrim GAA, the Antrim GAA - wonder is this a splinter group for the SV lads as such..
*antrim agenda