Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

all the cargin lads staying on? lot miles on clock

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 30, 2022, 09:10:03 PM
all the cargin lads staying on? lot miles on clock

Was chatting to Mick and he feels unfinished business which requires another year...
Lotta young lads chomping at the bit but no retirements.....

erinsboy

Also plenty of young lads with alot of experience gained and championship medals in there back pockets.
More coming through which I'm sure will feature next season
Keeping the older lads on their toes !!

Going back to last Sunday's game I think the Cargin management don't a masterclass tactically to stifle Glen and would have thought there game plan was well intact until the final minute of the game .
Let's see if kilco can hold them to 11 scores.

Belfast GAA man

Creeegan and portglenone the challengers again next year ? Belfast miles off

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 30, 2022, 09:50:40 PM
Creeegan and portglenone the challengers again next year ? Belfast miles off

Lotta challengers ...Aghagallon may well be first in line but folly to ignore L Dhearg, the Johnnies or possibly St Brigid's....

paddyjohn

St Brigids won't count. Couple of years early for them.

I'm going for Cargin or Portglenone.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 30, 2022, 10:13:12 PM

Hearing change in the draw procedure.....and do you think PG1 have strength in depth to go all the way...25 probables is my  estimation on requirement....

Lár na páirce 1

Makes me giggle people even now tipping Portglenone, very average team with a sprinkling of some decent players up the spine of the team, afraid the winners will be Cargin or Creggan

themac_23

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2022, 10:19:15 PM

Hearing change in the draw procedure.....and do you think PG1 have strength in depth to go all the way...25 probables is my  estimation on requirement....

Hopefully back to straight knockout, groups are brutal too many dead rubbers. If they want to give teams at least 2 games then do a back door system, the groups are not fit for purpose at all

Saffsof82

Quote from: themac_23 on December 01, 2022, 07:48:10 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2022, 10:19:15 PM

Hopefully back to straight knockout, groups are brutal too many dead rubbers. If they want to give teams at least 2 games then do a back door system, the groups are not fit for purpose at all

I thought the groups were dead on this year when stripped back to one round instead of the two rounds previously. Will a change of mgt at Musgrave make any difference, see the Donegal man is away.

Caesar

There's every chance a new St Brigids manager will find significant improvement, but they are a long way from genuine contenders at present.

PG1 are a strong team but don't seem to be able to get over the semi-final hurdle. Club appears to be on an upward curve and will be genuine contenders if they can find a bit more improvement.

Not much needs to be said about Cargin and Creggan who are both widely expected to be claiming silverware.

Aghagallon have earned the respect of being a genuine contender after reaching two finals in recent years. Suspect a third final might be a big ask.

LD and St Johns will always be tough championship games for anyone but wouldn't expect either to be winning the championship next year.

St Galls have lots of young talent but long way from genuine championship contenders as yet.

JimStynes

Quote from: Caesar on December 01, 2022, 09:25:49 AM
There's every chance a new St Brigids manager will find significant improvement, but they are a long way from genuine contenders at present.

PG1 are a strong team but don't seem to be able to get over the semi-final hurdle. Club appears to be on an upward curve and will be genuine contenders if they can find a bit more improvement.

Not much needs to be said about Cargin and Creggan who are both widely expected to be claiming silverware.

Aghagallon have earned the respect of being a genuine contender after reaching two finals in recent years. Suspect a third final might be a big ask.

LD and St Johns will always be tough championship games for anyone but wouldn't expect either to be winning the championship next year.

St Galls have lots of young talent but long way from genuine championship contenders as yet.

Are Rossa worth a mention if they get full buy in from the hurlers?

Caesar

Quote from: JimStynes on December 01, 2022, 10:32:52 AM

Absolutely. Rossa at full strength are always a difficult game for anyone!

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on December 01, 2022, 10:32:52 AM

Indeed, but Rossa will always put hurling first......

Spike

those bad injuries to key men Rossa suffered last year won't have helped them either