Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Not sure how many will make eventual panel G&T when Andy cuts the training panel down.

Flanker

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 02, 2022, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: Flanker on December 02, 2022, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on December 02, 2022, 08:48:58 AM
Quote from: Gold on December 02, 2022, 12:32:56 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 01, 2022, 07:15:54 PM
Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with Cargin against Glen. I watched it twice and felt that Cargin weren't anywhere near their best. They should have attacked more and went after the game. Nearly felt like that they were trying to stay in it rather than go and win it!

Totally agree. 2 shots in 1st half makes Jimmy McGuinness' Donegal of 2011 look attacking....but for missed 1 on 1s and shlt after shot from Glen kicked wide under little pressure Cargin could've been blown out of it. Catching marks and not even looking to kick it  forward was destined for a slow death

Cargin could have had more of a go and should have done. Can't win a fight by ducking away from shots, you have to throw a dig

Forwards were poor...only Kobo (unbelievable footballer), O neill and Bradley when he came on were fit to break lines...which is what you need at this level

The young lads need put on serious weight programmes to maximise potential, and really punch at that level, especially Shivers who is a tall man and has the time on his side to add power and fitness to a game reliant on natural talent at present

Last 4 in Ulster is some achievement,  just feel they will be gutted they didn't have a real go

Is it a lack of fitness or just a lack of a desire to work?

Late in the second half he lost the ball in the right corner and just watched his man break away with the ball without making any effort to tackle.

Incredibly talented but looks so lazy, so hopefully it is just fitness and with improvement on that he steps up, as he would be a great addition to the county team if he had a higher work rate.
Barnish that's a pretty cheap shot.

In case you hadn't noticed he was one of the better performers in the Tailtean Cup defeat to Leitrim.

In case you hadn't noticed he was being used as a target for kickouts in the first half against the wind competing quite sucessfully in an area with an all star midfielder and some other serious operators. (Part of a reasonably successful kick out strategy).
He was then being used as a target inside, so late in the second half against a hard running, well conditioned opposition in an ulster senior club semi final you might understand that the legs might not do what the head might want them to do.

You might be better focusing your efforts on some of those underage C teams developing talent, discipline and conditioning as I don't think there are any plans for a D league.

Like a broken record you.

Funny you never seem to put your own contributions to any club on here.

Easier to mouth off about some perceived mindset in my club, without stating anything about your club or what you contribute to them.

Hardly a cheap shot but then again, it seems you only post to have a cheap shot in the first place.

Maybe you username is a misspelling and you should replace the first two letters with one.

I have seen Pat play more than just that match and as I said earlier, an incredible talent, there are many in this country could only wish to have feet like his and his physical attributes.

I, and others I have spoken to, just feel that he comes across as lazy at times.

Maybe when you see the work rate of the likes of Tomas beside him, who has a good few years on him, then it reflects badly on him.

My opinion, and that of others as I say, and we are perfectly entitled to have that opinion until we see evidence to the contrary.

But then sure didn't the great Maurice Fitz get the same reputation and he wasn't a bad footballer!

Not mouthing of Barnish just trying to highlight and draw attention to the level the lad is playing at and where he is being judged

Is it a lack of fitness or just a lack of a desire to work?

Incredibly talented but looks so lazy

Have seen him play loads of times. Most of the time at a very high grade of football making a significant contribution. Couple of Minor championships, Couple of Senior championships, A MACrory Cup winner, Antrim Senior County panelist and I'm sure loads of other things as well.

Just thought it was very harsh comment from someone involved in coaching on a lad with a big frame who will physically mature a little later than a 5 10 / 5 11 type guy..

He is not doing 2 bad for a guy that has a bit of developing ahead of him.

Just an opinion. Will agree to disagree on it

Milltown Row2

Flanker have you ever criticised a player before? Been plenty on here and is this the first time you've jumped in to defend criticism?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Agree totally Flanker ....
Pat works very hard indeed and I M O he is still in the development process.

Never will be blessed with a ton of pace, and if he has a fault it is he find It difficult to forgive himself for error or mistake.

His best years are incoming and glad to say his brother Tom is another youngster to look out for.

Flanker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2022, 10:09:20 PM
Flanker have you ever criticised a player before? Been plenty on here and is this the first time you've jumped in to defend criticism?

I'm sure I have been critical of players at times. Your probably going to dig something out of a post somewhere where I have criticised a player. As I mentioned it is just an opinion based on what I have seen. I thought it was overly harsh. He has always played at a very high grade/level of football which needs to be considered when making judgement.but we can all have opinions and agree to disagree.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on December 02, 2022, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2022, 10:09:20 PM

I'm sure I have been critical of players at times. Your probably going to dig something out of a post somewhere where I have criticised a player. As I mentioned it is just an opinion based on what I have seen. I thought it was overly harsh. He has always played at a very high grade/level of football which needs to be considered when making judgement.but we can all have opinions and agree to disagree.

I'm not going to pull any posts, if you're criticising people it's based on what you see at the time, it's not the collective per se..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Really looking forward to a win for Cuchullian's tomorrow.

Fed up listening to those across the bridge who have really got such inflated opinion of themselves.
Incorrect when the suggested a hammering for Cargin v Glen and really look forward to Dunloy bursting their bubble...

quit yo jibbajabba

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 03, 2022, 08:56:54 AM

Fed up listening to those across the bridge who have really got such inflated opinion of themselves.
Incorrect when the suggested a hammering for Cargin v Glen and really look forward to Dunloy bursting their bubble...

Derry Club= Big shots
Antrim Club = Wee fry

I'll take your WU and raise you with double WU

country bumpkin

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 03, 2022, 10:03:00 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 03, 2022, 08:56:54 AM

Derry Club= Big shots
Antrim Club = Wee fry

I'll take your W
U and raise you with double WU

Repetitive wanderer..........heard.that b4.....

country bumpkin

Glad to see RD and his team carry on their great work at Cargin....they have extended their panel to include a lot of talented up an coming youngsters.

A journey yet to complete..........

quit yo jibbajabba

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah. Thought he was wan themmuns from across the bridge. Them boys that think they know it all 😉😃

Belfast GAA man

Cargin have a rule that no one in the club can take their team  ;D