Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 03, 2022, 08:52:47 AM
A source told me in the Bayside catch yesterday evening that Ronan McCartan is the new manager of Dundrum.

Old news!

You must have been frequenting the wrong eating houses.

On the Bay Side Catch, they do a lovely but expensive fish supper & the proprietor could turn milk sour!

SticksandStones

Where is the Bayside catch?
Sounds delightful

Hard2Listen2

Truth hurts

There doesn't seem to be much action on the merry go-round, I heard a few clubs are panicking as the talent pool isn't great.

Sandstorm

Good luck to Teconnaght, Liatroim and CPN in Ulster this weekend.

KeyboardWman

Poacher double jobbing with Fermanagh hurlers and the Bridge. That will go down well in the bridge

Johnnysboys

Quote from: KeyboardWman on November 05, 2022, 12:09:35 PM
Poacher double jobbing with Fermanagh hurlers and the Bridge. That will go down well in the bridge

What is this man at? How can you be committed to a county setup and a top 4 club setup and give everything 100%?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 05, 2022, 04:01:33 PM
Quote from: KeyboardWman on November 05, 2022, 12:09:35 PM

What is this man at? How can you be committed to a county setup and a top 4 club setup and give everything 100%?

He's been double jobbing for years.
Been involved with Carlow, Roscommon, Down & senior club teams at same time.
Must be out of the house every evening but seems to make it work.
Not everyone's cup of tea but massive amount of experience behind him now.
He seems to be more highly rated (or popular) outside this county than within.

Mourne Red

Dismal record in Ulster at Junior level continues. Teconnaught beat by 21 points - Maybe I was wrong about 3rds teams not having it their own way in Div 4.

Targetman

Good craic in the Johnston house this week!!

thewobbler

Quote from: Targetman on November 05, 2022, 08:46:14 PM
Good craic in the Johnston house this week!!

A truly bizarre situation.

I'm happy enough with whichever outcome decreases Kilcoo's chances of winning Frank next year.

Targetman

Do you think Jerome will stand down for this one? Senior that is!

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

He's been double jobbing for years.
Been involved with Carlow, Roscommon, Down & senior club teams at same time.
Must be out of the house every evening but seems to make it work.
Not everyone's cup of tea but massive amount of experience behind him now.
He seems to be more highly rated (or popular) outside this county than within.
[/quote]

Makes it work as he shows up to all sessions?? Because not one team has been successful under his stewardship - county or club..

Our standard at junior is very poor - can only be helped with bigger clubs seconds team in the mix to compete with them.
Kilcoo will beat Ballybay by 5+ next weekend. Finley will be marked by Ryan mcavoy and Dylan ward will put manners on their midfield. Wylies will mark Jerome and Ryan so other forwards will need to step up. Despite Johnston managing Ballybay - Mark Doran absolutely loves Kilcoo. Weee doccccc is his favourite player of all time!

supersub

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2022, 11:25:25 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2022, 11:05:01 AM
3rds teams are 3rds teams. You can't drop down. The rules are clear for all too see. Kilcoo thirds I believe would walk 4 and finish top half 3

Teconnaught, Dromara, Bosco, Finn, Kilcief - Would beat them and have beat them in challenge games over the years. Also going away to Ardglass isn't a nice trip to the seaside.

No they wouldn't. Kilcoo 2nds would easily win Division 4. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Smurfy123

Kilcoo thirds would win 4 Nevermind seconds

And win it by hammering teams.