Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Such small margins for the Point.

They should be immensely proud of themselves but every last one of them will kick themselves for every little mistake this evening.

guevara

Poor game to be honest. Our refusal to let the ball inside cost us. No point putting Jamie and Ross in if the ball won't follow.

Poor Final with two Teams more worried about not losing, rather than going out and trying to win it.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Cuan12

Congrats Kilcoo , thought you were the better team but the ref was brutal, as a neutral I was puzzled by some of his decisions , the worst being a neck high challenge to a Kilcoo forward when he was in possession of the ball on the counter attack, he got a yellow card when a red or black was more appropriate, which club is he from?
I'm thinking Burren !!

PTC

Hard luck to warrenpoint today a great effort but they just came up short. Special mention for Darren o'hare he played the shirt of his back for the point.

forevergreen

Cuan12 you are full of it. Darren had a good game. Very fair and let it flow. Punished over carrying equally and gave frees that were due. Dylan Ward left a fist in and was yellow carded, similar tackle for McGivern near end. Gave Sheelin a free which could have went other way for trapping the hand. Ryan McEvoy followed through McGarry and could have been dealt with differently but Darren let it go. Take your anti Burren bias and stick it. Burren living rent free in your head

downtothecore

Cuban I agree. As a neutral I felt he was very harsh on kilcoo but thankfully the best team won

Cuan12

Forevergreen, when you get over the fact that Kilcoo have won again, sit down and watch that game again, Darren o Hare let point back into that game by giving soft frees to point and not giving the correct punishment for several frees. I'm not saying Kilcoo were angels but the incident I am referring to was the example of how the ref kept the point in the game. As for not liking Burren , I like many others do not give Burren a second thought , I leave that to the Burren hierarchy who are obsessed with Kilcoo and how they keep winning the Frank oHare cup, my own club continues to develop and hopefully will do in the future which plainly the mighty Burren can't do.

forevergreen

Firstly I have no gripe with Kilcoo winning today. They showed all their experience and pushed on when needed. Their success has been built on hard work so fair play.  But Like I said Cuan, there were a number of instances of both teams getting away with tackles that could have the yielded a different outcome. But he was equally lenient in them big calls. Frees where given to both sides. Kilcoo had a few frees near end to win it, equally point got chances. He called what he seen. Point showed real heart and kept themselves in it. But to say Darren was the reason the game was close is plain BS

KeyboardWman

Choc wasn't to happy with not getting on today. Held the whole thing up and his speech at the end too. There'll be words had tonight.

knockitdown

Quote from: KeyboardWman on October 16, 2022, 09:01:10 PM
Choc wasn't to happy with not getting on today. Held the whole thing up and his speech at the end too. There'll be words had tonight.

What age is he now? Surely it's time to call it a day? He has every club medal going and it should mean more to him seeing the next group come through

Dubh driocht

Best team won although CPN will regret their caution. Hard to pick a MoM although Dabs (as always), Rooney, Ryan J and Laverty strong, as were McMahon, Murdoch, McCormack John Boyle.
O'Hare got most things right but made some strange/brave calls towards the end. So much so that Genie Brannigan gave him a mouthful after the final whistle earning himself a straight red. O'Hare certainly didn't deserve the verbal abuse from a fellow referee; a Kilcoo man who obviously didn't read the script about respecting referees!
Credit to the County board for a really well organised weekend and adh mór to Teconnaught, Saval and Kilcoo in Ulster.

Johnnysboys

Disappointed, proud, bewildered but not bitter. A titanic tussle that we come up short in again. All this BS about the referee - seriously he did his best and that's all anyone can ask - but there will soon be no referees allowed to do a game for Kilcoo such is their disdain towards everyone who doesn't buy their antics. 10/11 is unbelievable going for any team let alone a group of 8 players picking up medal number 11 for their club. Crazy consistency, crazy longevity and by the looks of them - there is more to come.. well done to our lads and management for a great year and enjoy the next few well deserved days.

redandblackareback

Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 16, 2022, 09:15:56 PM
Best team won although CPN will regret their caution. Hard to pick a MoM although Dabs (as always), Rooney, Ryan J and Laverty strong, as were McMahon, Murdoch, McCormack John Boyle.
O'Hare got most things right but made some strange/brave calls towards the end. So much so that Genie Brannigan gave him a mouthful after the final whistle earning himself a straight red. O'Hare certainly didn't deserve the verbal abuse from a fellow referee; a Kilcoo man who obviously didn't read the script about respecting referees!
Credit to the County board for a really well organised weekend and adh mór to Teconnaught, Saval and Kilcoo in Ulster.

A lot of money spent in the likes of Burren, Mayobridge, Rostrevor, Warrenpoint, all to end up winning nada. Well done to Down men Cathal Murray and Mark Doran on winning senior titles in Monaghan and Louth today. As for Darren OHare, he probably got so much abuse from the Kilcoo secretary O'Hanlon at the end of the game because he's still one of the very few who hasn't been bought yet for in house games. Most of the others have.

thewobbler

Quote from: redandblackareback on October 16, 2022, 10:15:56 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 16, 2022, 09:15:56 PM

A lot of money spent in the likes of Burren, Mayobridge, Rostrevor, Warrenpoint, all to end up winning nada. Well done to Down men Cathal Murray and Mark Doran on winning senior titles in Monaghan and Louth today. As for Darren OHare, he probably got so much abuse from the Kilcoo secretary O'Hanlon at the end of the game because he's still one of the very few who hasn't been bought yet for in house games. Most of the others have.

I'd love to see a list of clubs that didn't spend a lot money this season.

——

PD was a strange choice for MotM. Ryan Johnson, Dylan Ward, the 2 Rooneys, Dabs and Ryan McEvoy all were surely ahead on anyone's viewing?

urbangael

Very strange call for mom. Think PD was surprised himself! A few CPN men were in with a shout. From the winners I thought Ryan J, Ryan Mc and Miceal Rooney all very good.