Annett
Murdock
Doherty
McAleenan
Kerr
Gilmore
Havern
Branagan

Is there no other scoring forwards available for Down?  Gilmore has looked decent in past but just had feeling last weekend if havern or kerr dont score who will

ardtole

Gilmore is probably our most natural finisher, I suppose we would be hoping for Savage to step up next season after a good u20s campaign.

TakeTheMark

Huge victory this evening for Bredagh. I still believe Bryansford stay up but they are not making it easy for themselves

Square Ball

Quote from: TakeTheMark on June 09, 2023, 11:03:07 PM
Huge victory this evening for Bredagh. I still believe Bryansford stay up but they are not making it easy for themselves
What makes you say that? This could well go to the last game of the season between us and Bryansford to do that, but time will tell. The bottom three have only won three games between them, all against each other, but I do expect a few scrappy wins against others in the second half of the season. Long long squeeky bum time.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TakeTheMark

Quote from: Square Ball on June 10, 2023, 09:12:19 AM
Quote from: TakeTheMark on June 09, 2023, 11:03:07 PM
What makes you say that? This could well go to the last game of the season between us and Bryansford to do that, but time will tell. The bottom three have only won three games between them, all against each other, but I do expect a few scrappy wins against others in the second half of the season. Long long squeeky bum time.

It very well could go down to the last day certainly. I just picked the Ford as they seemed to be a lot closer scorewise in their games to the teams further up the league, but that being said they haven't won a game yet either. So Bredagh could very well pip them. In any case, it is going to make for a very entertaining second half of the season.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Ed Hardy on June 09, 2023, 02:10:24 PM
Team for Longford

Kane
Doherty
Laverty
McCarthy
Collins
Magill
Guinness
Annett
Murdock
Doherty
McAleenan
Kerr
Gilmore
Havern
Branagan

Very small forwards.  Is Havern the only one that's 6'?

Tbh not tall in any part of the team.

Unusual in the modern game.

SHEEDY

Game of two halfs tonight, first half was poor and Longford should've had a couple more goals, 3 points behind at half time flattered Down. Second half was much improved from the first, after the goal Down took control helped by the introductions of Ross carr, Rory mason and Danny magill who all made big difference.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Hoping to avoid Cavan in the next round. Down have had a lot of poor 1st half's this year. A 1st half like that against a cavan they would be out of sight.

bannside

Youde be happy enough coming to Corrigan Pk?

ardtole

I'd take Cavan over Antrim personally. I was in Newry for the league game between Down and Antrim and we robbed the 2 points that evening.

I've been keeping an eye on Antrim since then and their final league position I felt didn't reflect their  quality. They look to have embraced the TC and their results have been impressive.

Cavan have had a key player leave the panel, they had a relatively easy group but struggled v Laois and haven't been as convincing as you would expect a team with div 2 status for next year secured to be.

It's only a hunch, but I'd like to avoid Antrim I can see them winning the next game at Corrigan Park.

SHEEDY

Quote from: bannside on June 11, 2023, 11:59:41 AM
Youde be happy enough coming to Corrigan Pk?
I'd be happy enough cos it's closer than Cavan or Limerick 😂 if it was the case it would definitely be a close match, Antrim should've won the league game in Newry.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Down drawn away to Cavan next weekend in quarter final
nil satis nisi optimum

ciaron08

I know we don't have the quality forwards like we used to but i think its the other end of the field where we struggle, Kane in nets is almost certain to give a goal away every game, Charlie Smith came in up in Newry and played well and i dont see why he should have been dropped, Lets be honest if Kane wasnt from Kilcoo he wouldnt be starting every game.

Truth hurts

Why are so many reserve fixture being conceded ?

Godsown

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 12, 2023, 11:30:31 AM
Why are so many reserve fixture being conceded ?

We have never been able to get the right day/ time for reserve football. We need reserve football to keep on board those players who want to play and get occasional senior game time but it's too easy then to opt out when you couldn't be bothered to go to the other end of the county on a sat evening or Sunday afternoon. No easy answer. This weekend we had combination of brilliant weather, Slane, Belsonic CL final as distractions.