tyrone reserve football

Started by HUNKY DORYS, April 14, 2014, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

Reserve championship on this weekend for most teams, Any predictions?? I know a lot will depend on what players teams have used in the senior championship.

Under Lights

Quote from: blackball on June 09, 2014, 11:45:48 AM
Reserve championship on this weekend for most teams, Any predictions?? I know a lot will depend on what players teams have used in the senior championship.

Are Clonoe the team to beat?
In Intermediate Trillick taking it very seriously. Didn't use any subs against Killeeshil in seniors.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on June 09, 2014, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: blackball on June 09, 2014, 11:45:48 AM

Are Clonoe the team to beat?
In Intermediate Trillick taking it very seriously. Didn't use any subs against Killeeshil in seniors.

Pomeroy could be hard to handle in the reserves haven't lost this year yet and they had a couple of their main seniors disciplined by exclusion from the senior squad the other night. So if they play for the reserves they will hammer Brackaville I'd imagine

blackball

in div1 going on league form you would have to say Ardboe and Ballygawley look like the teams to beat. Omagh and Coalisland are probably strong too. Clonoe havent won many league games but are usually pretty good.

bigtogs

Rahillys beat Moy tonight pretty one sided affair Omagh team to beat i would think.....

blackball

Reserve semi Finals this friday. Should be 2 tight games

Clonoe vs Omagh
Ardboe vs Donaghmore

WT4E

Intermediate Reserve semi Finals this Friday too. Should be 2 tight games as well. Teams all from same locality so should make it even more interesting.

Pomeroy v Loughmacrory
Kildress v Greencastle

Pomeroy on course for 3 in a row and will take a lot of beating. Begs the question - why have they not made more an impact on the senior scene!

WT4E

Quote from: blackball on June 23, 2014, 12:01:18 PM
Reserve semi Finals this friday. Should be 2 tight games

Clonoe vs Omagh
Ardboe vs Donaghmore

Did Ardboe Donaghmore play?

When will the Div 2 final be I wonder?

Club Rossa

Ardboe beat Donaghmore by 7 on Thursday night.

WT4E

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 30, 2014, 01:19:51 PM
Ardboe beat Donaghmore by 7 on Thursday night.

Very Good.  Clonoe will be a stiff test in the final.

Have you's a date for the final yet?

Club Rossa

Final is on Friday 11th July.Clonoe will be strongly fancied.They have a great record in recent years but you never know if they have an off day we could catch them.

WT4E

Yes - It's a credit to Clonoe to be fair that for a small enough club in terms of area can produce quality senior and reserve sides over the last number of years.

In Div 2 semis Pomeroy were on for 3 in a row and looked to be heading that way as they are thumping everyone in the league and are unbeaten but Loughmacrory turned them over. Lough goin so well in reserves and badly in seniors is a bit of a puzzler too!

blackball

Ardboe and Clonoe will be a good game, the pace and quality would probably rival most junior and intermediate games you will see this year. Its a pity the reserve championship doesn't get more exposer.

Ardboe look to have had the easier path to the final so I will go for a Clonoe win. Any word on when the final is?

blackball

just seen the above post,  final set for 11th of July

WT4E

Quote from: blackball on June 30, 2014, 03:41:35 PM
Ardboe and Clonoe will be a good game, the pace and quality would probably rival most junior and intermediate games you will see this year. Its a pity the reserve championship doesn't get more exposer.

Ardboe look to have had the easier path to the final so I will go for a Clonoe win. Any word on when the final is?

Yeah your right about exposure and quality when it comes to some reserve games. It would be interesting to see where everyone would sit if the Tyrone format was like other counties (6 separate divisions) where each team more or less stood on their own feet and could reach greater heights or bigger lows!