Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 08:09:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 08:06:52 PM
As recently as 2016

And as for TJ Reid's suggestion that Kilkenny might need a sweeper come summer?
"I must have a chat with TJ to see what he has in his mind there for that," smiles Cody. "He's a shrewd tactician I'd say alright."

It's easy to be a shrewd tactician when you have outstanding players

Is Brian Cody your Daddy? Did he leave you when you were a baby? Did you try to reconcile with him but he told you he wasn't interested in fathering a zoon?

Surely you can do better than that

Jaysus there will be thousands of people at a loose end in Kilkenny tomorrow. Peeling spuds will be some comedown
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

"Speaking on Independent.ie's Punter's Platform podcast, in association with Ladbrokes, Cummins says that Waterford will set up to keep the game tight until the final ten minutes.

Click here to subscribe to the Punter's Platform on iTunes
However, if Galway can establish a lead early on, Waterford may struggle as their gameplan is not really built to play from behind.
"There's no doubt the way Waterford are setting up is that they want a ten-minute match rather than a seventy minute match.

"Stay in the game as long as you can and hope the whole squeaky bum time and 'Galway chokers' thing comes into play and Galway might get a bit hesitant.
Take the scenario when it's 1-16 each with five or six minutes left in the game and everyone in the stadium is sitting on the edge of their seats. That's where Derek McGrath wants to get this Galway team.
"Now they (Galway) did it in the semi-final against Tipperary and that's fine. But it's an awful lot different when there's 80,000 people inside in Croke Park and you're that close to winning an All-Ireland. Who's going to blink?
"But if Galway can get two or three points up, what are Waterford going to do then? Because the sweeper system is not designed to chase a lead.""

I think.the chokers thing is incorrect. Cunningham dumped them in 2011. Tipp Only won last year after Tuohy and JC went off .

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 08:09:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 08:06:52 PM
As recently as 2016

And as for TJ Reid's suggestion that Kilkenny might need a sweeper come summer?
"I must have a chat with TJ to see what he has in his mind there for that," smiles Cody. "He's a shrewd tactician I'd say alright."

It's easy to be a shrewd tactician when you have outstanding players

Is Brian Cody your Daddy? Did he leave you when you were a baby? Did you try to reconcile with him but he told you he wasn't interested in fathering a zoon?

Surely you can do better than that

Jaysus there will be thousands of people at a loose end in Kilkenny tomorrow. Peeling spuds will be some comedown

Nope... Just waiting an extra week this year... We're going for two in a row, you're about to ask Hasbro to invent Connect One.

AZOffaly

Chokers in finals he means. Galway have had teams fit to win All Irelands since 1988.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2017, 09:24:03 PM
Chokers in finals he means. Galway have had teams fit to win All Irelands since 1988.
that is why they changed the system

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2017, 09:24:03 PM
that is why they changed the system

Lol... So sour even the fact that when we're poor at hurling we're flying at camogie stings.

screenexile

Here's a question... With both Counties craving All Ireland success for such a long time will Croke Park be able to keep the fans off the pitch after the match?

Kilkevan

Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2017, 10:59:03 PM
Here's a question... With both Counties craving All Ireland success for such a long time will Croke Park be able to keep the fans off the pitch after the match?

Not
a
hope

sid waddell

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 11:25:34 PM

Not
a
hope
...of them getting on.

Kilkevan

Quote from: sid waddell on September 02, 2017, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 11:25:34 PM

Not
a
hope
...of them getting on.

I actually feel neither may get on, at least not today. Both are the archetypal freezers and today's match might be very scrappy and poor as a result which leads to suggesting a draw might not be a bad bet.

Aaron Boone

AZOffaly

I think it means more to Waterford than Galway, fans I mean. Galway fans are a little more laissez faire I think.

seafoid

Waterford are more likely to have a premature Ejaculation imo
IF they win Mullane promised to ride a horse through Waherford naked

maigheo

I see Babs making a fool of himself calling for Derek McGrath to resign if Waterford lose today.Totally clueless on the modern game and I cannot believe any news paper would pay him to write a column

Nanderson

who is number 29 for waterford?