another new manager for mayo???

Started by cornetto, June 26, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2017, 04:15:31 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2017, 03:29:15 PM
Whats the odds on James Horan to return next year?

Not sure who they'd turn too in the event of Rochford leaving.

I wouldn't be surprised if Horan has his eyes on the Galway job once Kevin Walsh has had enough.

Not sure the Galway players would be all too happy with that. Him and a couple of his selectors had plenty to say for themselves when Galway were at a low ebb and getting tanked by his Mayo side. Not that he's not a good manager but I'd say he'd have a job getting accepted by both the county board and the players.

I know he's managing Turloughmore in Galway now but the hurling fraternity take no notice of football at the best of times.

From the Bunker

If he is willing to give up Jobs with The Star, The Western People, Newstalk and Sky Sports. Not to mention his own 'Real' Job with Coca Cola. I'm sure the Mayo job would compensate him enough to give most of that up? :P

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 05:58:10 PM

If he is willing to give up Jobs with The Star, The Western People, Newstalk and Sky Sports. Not to mention his own 'Real' Job with Coca Cola. I'm sure the Mayo job would compensate him enough to give most of that up? :P

McStay gave up as much if not more to deal with an even worse CB than Horan had. I think in reality the fact the team will need to rebuild next year will put him off more than any of the above..

Rossfan

McStay isn't going short anyway ;)
Rochford needs to get himself a 3 year plan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2017, 06:38:05 PM
McStay isn't going short anyway ;)
Rochford needs to get himself a 3 year plan.

Hard work doesn't seem to bother McStay. Dunno about Rochy.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2017, 06:30:10 PM

McStay gave up as much if not more to deal with an even worse CB than Horan had. I think in reality  the fact the team will need to rebuild next year will put him off more than any of the above..

Horan has a young family and unlike the first time he knows the sacrifices needed this time. That couple with a risen expectation and a deteriorating squad. There are just to many pluses for him where he is presently!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 26, 2017, 05:17:07 PM
After all the boots Horan has stuck into Galway over the years I couldn't see him in the managers job to be honest.

Me neither but stranger things have happened. He's certainly changed his tune on Galway football this year, his hatred appears to have disappeared.

I don't see Horan going back to Mayo anytime either, looks like team will need to be rebuilt inside the next few years which brings obvious problem. I'm sure he's enjoying the financial benefits his media responsibilities generate.

Hound

Plus, if the above is true about managing Turloughmore? That's 100km each way from Ballina. 3 round trips a week, 600km. Min expenses of €300 a week, I'd guess, maybe up to €500.

He is one of the pundits I enjoy listening to most on Sky and Newstalk. Wouldnt be reading the Star or Western though!