Ronan Clarke in intensive care

Started by T Fearon, August 15, 2015, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardchieftain

Hopefully Ronan makes a full and speedy recovery. The poor lad has had little luck with injuries so i think he deserves some with this situation.

Bensars

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Just seen from GL that he had regained consciousness.

macdanger2

moysider

I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. Head injuries are brutal - even the lower scale ones from my experience. He's done his bit for club and county. His recovery is all that matters now.

stew

Quote from: moysider on August 16, 2015, 12:40:16 AM

I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. Head injuries are brutal - even the lower scale ones from my experience. He's done his bit for club and county. His recovery is all that matters now.

I have had one on that nearly killed me, it was the hardest thing I ever dealt with, you get frustrated beyond belief, you get angry, depressed and you change for a while until acceptance kicks in.

I agree 100% Moysider, as long as he recovers, he will always have the memories of playing and winning a County fianal and starring in our only AI win in 02.

I hope if he does not play again that he considers managing the Ogs in some capacity, it is lads like this that make the GAA what it is.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

reddgnhand

Quote from: stew on August 16, 2015, 01:18:45 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 16, 2015, 12:40:16 AM

I have had one on that nearly killed me, it was the hardest thing I ever dealt with, you get frustrated beyond belief, you get angry, depressed and you change for a while until acceptance kicks in.

I agree 100% Moysider, as long as he recovers, he will always have the memories of playing and winning a County fianal and starring in our only AI win in 02.

I hope if he does not play again that he considers managing the Ogs in some capacity, it is lads like this that make the GAA what it is.

Didnt know that wish you all the best stew. hope Ronan has a speedy recovery. Fantastic player.

Fuzzman

Get well soon Ronan. Showed so much promise at an early age but has had a nightmare career since.
Had he be been fit in 05 it could have been 2-2 and not 1-3 to Tyrone in AI titles.

thejuice

Just heard this, awful to hear. Great player on his day. Wish him all the best in recovering.

Hitting a goal post is one of those risks that are part of the game. Although I had a close shave with a concrete dugout one time. Had I been a step to the left I'd probably be dead or seriously injured.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Terrible news. Glad to hear he's showing signs of improvement. Hopefully he'll be back to himself before long.
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Best of luck Ronan.  Hopefully the news continues to be good. 

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Best wishes Ronan, hope you pull out of it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Brilliant player, hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

general_lee

Was at the game and had left just after the collision, nothing seemed untoward at the time but it just goes to show how these things pan out. Ronan had actually looked to gone over on his ankle earlier in the first half and you just expected the worst but he got up and played away. He has been so unlucky throughout his career with injuries, hope he is back on his feet in no time.

grounded

A super player. Very unlucky with injuries. Injuries like this put a lot of things in perspective. Best of luck Ronan and hopefully a speedy recovery