Paul Rouse's Irish Examiner Podcast

Started by 030508, May 11, 2023, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anybody know what happened to Paul Rouse's Irish Examiner Gaelic Football podcast on Youtube?  It was always very good but seems to have disappeared over the last few weeks.

galwayman

I never accessed it on YouTube - only on my iPhone podcasts app.
But it seemingly has gone behind a paywall and is available only to subscribers to the Irish Examiner paper now.
Pity it was very good.
Most of the sports podcasts I started listening to over the last number of years are gone behind the paywall now.

full moon

I agree it was fairly good, shame so much GAA content now behind a paywall. I'm not a fan of the Examiner itself so no interest in giving them money though.

That explains it.  Thanks for the replies.  I'll miss it, but not enough to pay for it.

LeoMc

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 06:06:10 PM
I agree it was fairly good, shame so much GAA content now behind a paywall. I'm not a fan of the Examiner itself so no interest in giving them money though.

Most of the lads involved are not just doing it for the craic. They are trying to build up enough of a following to monetise it.

fearsiuil

Interested in hearing what the issue with the Examiner is?

Their football and hurling podcasts are very good aside from all the horsey stuff on the hurling one.

seafoid

the RTE GAA and OTB football podcasts are free
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Saffrongael

Quote from: fearsiuil on May 12, 2023, 12:57:07 AM

Their football and hurling podcasts are very good aside from all the horsey stuff on the hurling one.

Yeah I like the hurling one on the Examiner, a bit too much "craic" at times, Mark Landers does grate on me a bit
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 16, 2023, 02:56:48 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on May 12, 2023, 12:57:07 AM

Yeah I like the hurling one on the Examiner, a bit too much "craic" at times, Mark Landers does grate on me a bit

Yeah, bit of a dose.

Seems to be the 'jokey" lad but I don't find him that funny.

Good podcast otherwise. Decent discussion on the games.