Latest Stormont Deal.

Started by T Fearon, November 17, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

More fudge and Sinn Fein handing over control of Welfare Reform to Westminster?

armaghniac

With the weather as it is, perhaps they'll call it the Barney agreement.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Three things were on the agenda

1) Dealing with terrorism
2) Dealing with the past
3) Welfare reform

Seems to me that they delegated all 3 issues.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Farcical.Sinn Fein ceding to British Rule over welfare reform,and there is obviously a mutual interest between the British And Sinn Fein not to delve too closely into the past.

By the way what has the freestate government's role been in these any any other Northen talks? As far as I can see it is simply to be the British lapdog

Rossfan

Maybe we should invade England.
What exactly do you want the " free state" Government to do?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

naka

Minder

There is a flags quango with a pro rata £80k salary that will no doubt be comprised of mates of SF & DUP, so that's nice.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on November 17, 2015, 10:05:06 PM
Farcical.Sinn Fein ceding to British Rule over welfare reform,and there is obviously a mutual interest between the British And Sinn Fein not to delve too closely into the past.

By the way what has the freestate government's role been in these any any other Northen talks? As far as I can see it is simply to be the British lapdog
What should they have done?

Orior

Quote from: Rossfan on November 17, 2015, 10:07:46 PM
Maybe we should invade England.
What exactly do you want the " free state" Government to do?

The one thing that really disappointed me was when Dublin Government transferred NI from the Home Affairs dept to the Foreign Affairs dept. Could they have been any more insulting to northern nationalists?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2015, 10:26:56 PM
There is a flags quango with a pro rata £80k salary that will no doubt be comprised of mates of SF & DUP, so that's nice.
Are these bodies not the point of these talks. Most of the people sitting on those bodies couldn't get a job in the real world.

armaghniac

Well the Free state taxpayer is forking out £75m to build a road in Tyrone, no doubt Marty and Peter the Punt will be making a similar contribution to a Free state road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on November 17, 2015, 10:34:39 PM
Well the Free state taxpayer is forking out £75m to build a road in Tyrone, no doubt Marty and Peter the Punt will be making a similar contribution to a Free state road.
Marty and Peter don't have their own money to give.

T Fearon

In a few words the freestate government might make the case for Irish nationalism

ziggysego

Quote from: armaghniac on November 17, 2015, 10:34:39 PM

Well this is a road that will be main arterial route between Letterkenny and Dublin, so it benefits the South.

As for Welfare Reform, a bit early for me to be making quick judgements. Spoke indirectly to Disability Action tonight, so we'll see what develops over the coming days. Not overly optimistic at the present.
Testing Accessibility