7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Over the Bar

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 04, 2019, 07:51:22 PM
I love Chris Sutton.

Chris Sutton Believes Rangers Should Now Give Celtic Guard of Honour at Ibrox

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/05/chris-sutton-believes-rangers-should-now-give-celtic-guard-of-honour-at-ibrox/

If Gerrard is any sort of a man he should make them give a guard of honour.   Being a cheating Liverpool bastard who won nothing where he didn't dive he probably won't! ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 04, 2019, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 04, 2019, 07:51:22 PM
I love Chris Sutton.

Chris Sutton Believes Rangers Should Now Give Celtic Guard of Honour at Ibrox

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/05/chris-sutton-believes-rangers-should-now-give-celtic-guard-of-honour-at-ibrox/

If Gerrard is any sort of a man he should make them give a guard of honour.   Being a cheating Liverpool b**tard who won nothing where he didn't dive he probably won't! ;D

This title race is going hard on you OTB. Don't panic be over soon.  :D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Baile Brigín 2

Mourinho has been offered the job and says he will take it unless a better offer comes in. Soulds like a piss or get off the pot message to Roma and PSG, but regardless, a quare bit of ambition from the board.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 06, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
Mourinho has been offered the job and says he will take it unless a better offer comes in. Soulds like a piss or get off the pot message to Roma and PSG, but regardless, a quare bit of ambition from the board.
Terrible choice.  Wherever Jose has gone youth development has suffered in favour of spending big.

marty34

José will be short term if he gets it.  Ambitious but more likely media driven. 

rodney trotter

He's been at Clubs that have  big money to Spend.. Celtic don't have that type of money to Spend and are unwilling to spend big, hence why Rodgers left..

Mourinho will likely go back to Inter or take the Roma job..

dec

Mourinho might be a good choice if Rangers had won 8 in a row and the board were throwing the dice to shake things up in attempt to stop a 9 (or 10) in a row

In the current situation I don't think he is the right choice.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 06, 2019, 07:05:54 PM

Awful choice.

I'd be surprised if he actually has been offered - similar to what your saying, he's more likely making noise to attract others.
i usse an speelchekor

clarshack

Can't believe folk don't want Mourinho. The man is box office and would be able to attract some decent players and the ten would be guaranteed. It wouldn't be guaranteed under NL.

screenexile

Quote from: clarshack on May 06, 2019, 11:11:20 PM
Can't believe folk don't want Mourinho. The man is box office and would be able to attract some decent players and the ten would be guaranteed. It wouldn't be guaranteed under NL.

Agree!! Might even make them competitive in Europe again. . . Do Celtic think they're Barcelona??

f**k me wasn't that long ago Ronnie Deila was the manager FFS!

Mikhail Prokhorov

sounds like total bs, how would they afford him or be able to buy him any players??

good pr move all the same

JimStynes

Quote from: screenexile on May 06, 2019, 11:38:08 PM

Agree!! Might even make them competitive in Europe again. . . Do Celtic think they're Barcelona??

My thoughts exactly. I laughed when I read people saying he's a terrible choice after saying a few weeks ago that they need a big name manager like Brendan. They don't come much bigger than José and people still aren't happy. Ffs he was one of the best managers in the world and I'd say he'll do well with Celtic. Celtic fans are hard to please. What a statement of intent from the board but I don't believe it. I can't see José going to the Scottish league.

NAG1

Quote from: JimStynes on May 07, 2019, 10:25:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 06, 2019, 11:38:08 PM

My thoughts exactly. I laughed when I read people saying he's a terrible choice after saying a few weeks ago that they need a big name manager like Brendan. They don't come much bigger than José and people still aren't happy. Ffs he was one of the best managers in the world and I'd say he'll do well with Celtic. Celtic fans are hard to please. What a statement of intent from the board but I don't believe it. I can't see José going to the Scottish league.

Jose loves the legacy and if anything could tempt him it would be the thought of being the man to get them to 10 in a row.
Not as far fetched as it might seem from the outside, his options are starting to become limited in terms of those top level teams who would take him on.

It would be some boost for Scottish football in terms of the attention he would bring. But having seen the way he operates with his agent, there is a fair chance he using this story to smoke out another club's offer.