How much do you value your Relations?

Started by From the Bunker, April 22, 2023, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Some people are really loyal to their Relations.
Some don't like their Relations.
Some don't know their Relations.

Where does family begin and End?

Milltown Row2

Good question

The saying, you can choose your friends but not your relations is such a classic.

I've a big family and my relationship over the years has been generally good. There is no doubting I've a better relationship with some over others, but my best mate is a cousin who was born same age as myself, so that's the best relationship I have from that set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Been thinkin bout this a bit recently

Tis a conundrum lolol

From the Bunker

I have 2nd cousins who I get on well with. Technically we share only 3.125% of the same Genes. Very little in the scheme of things, but there is a connection there (and a small bit of loyalty).

Blowitupref

Close when growing up, drifted apart once an busy adult life took over and only see each other at weddings or funerals now. 

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

I have time for the ones I would have things in common with. Relations are random.

ziggy90

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 23, 2023, 01:12:54 AM
Close when growing up, drifted apart once an busy adult life took over and only see each other at weddings or funerals now.

Same as that although when we do meet up (and there's a lot of us) the years roll back and we have a great time together.
They would also have my back as I would theirs.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

markl121

immediate family, ie ma, da brother and sister I am close to, The rest not a chance, Getting married next year and inviting none of them, prefer to have my friends there instead. better days craic than inviting some cousin who's wedding I was apparently at.

johnnycool

We've had a few funerals lately and it's good to catch up at the wakes with the cousins, which I've quite a few off, most are okay in small doses and no doubt they'd say the same about me, more good than bad in all fairness.

Be glad with what you've got

imtommygunn

I was talking to a boy recently who told me he'd 81 first cousins. I dunno how many others have but I have about 12 and not close to that.

pbat

I've 91, my mother was one of 17 children and my father one of 14.Close to a handful I grew up beside and went to school with so they were close friends more than cousins from an early age. Some I wouldn't even recognise if I met them on the street, and some I'd cross the street if I seen coming.