Quote from: charlieTully on July 03, 2019, 10:46:25 PM
Says the boy who supports Eastwood.

Show me I'm wrong.

Bord na Mona man

It's raining soup and Jeremy Corbyn is out on the street with a fork

johnnycool

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 04, 2019, 10:23:24 PM

He's entirely wrong on Brexit IMO, but he's not far off the mark on everything else.

screenexile

Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2019, 08:52:24 AM

He's entirely wrong on Brexit IMO, but he's not far off the mark on everything else.

Maybe but he needs to realise that Brexit is the only show in town and "constructive ambiguity" is helping nobody anywhere!!

They need to make a call and now! If they become the revoke party they could get up to near 30% but Corbyn is a leaver so it won't happen.

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2019, 08:52:24 AM

I used to think that too, but tbh his complete lack of leadership over the past 3 years has made me change my mind on him, there a clear track record of what he voted against but he appears unable to formulate or articulate positive policies or a coherent strategy. A protest voter only.

Having said that I still believe he has more integrity in his wee finger than all the Tory leadership candidates put together. The constant attacks on his character are a fair reflection of the political stance of the vast majority of media outlets in England.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Telegraph.

«  John Bercow has thrown no-deal rebels a lifeline by selecting a cross-party amendment that will stop Boris Johnson suspending parliament.
This morning the speaker selected the Dominic Grieve amendment that will be voted on as part of the Northern Ireland Bill later today. »

https://youtu.be/GGU1P6lBW6Q
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

red hander

The Brits are really in a desperate state and it's hilarious to sit back and watch. They are about to put in 10 Downing Street a total spoofer and incompetent... I doubt he will even last long enough to deliver his Brexit plan once all those skeletons in the cupboard start falling out  :)

bennydorano

I watched the BBC lunchtime news about this, I thought the disruption costs and likely recessionary impact that were quoted were very conservative tbh, if that were to be the cost of Brexit it would put absolutely no Brexiteers off and would get a general shrug of the shoulders from the public imo. If Sterling  doesn't tank the general public will notice very little difference bar the initial border mayhem if the OBR forecast is anywhere near right.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 18, 2019, 11:51:04 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 18, 2019, 02:55:45 PM
The Brits are really in a desperate state and it's hilarious to sit back and watch. They are about to put in 10 Downing Street a total spoofer and incompetent... I doubt he will even last long enough to deliver his Brexit plan once all those skeletons in the cupboard start falling out  :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49030225
Johnson has already lost a vote in the HoC and he's not even the Prime Minister yet!  :o
Looks like a few ministers will be joining the Dissenting Tory remain bloc

Looks like Kate Hoey was the one Labour MP who voted against. She like the feckin 11th DUP MP!

The new Season is building nicely

Dougal Maguire

I see Rees Mogg made a complete tit of himself after the Cricket win. 'Do we need Europe' he tweeted after a team captain by an Irishman and full of immigrants won the thing for them.
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 19, 2019, 12:41:32 AM
I see Rees Mogg made a complete tit of himself after the Cricket win. 'Do we need Europe' he tweeted after a team captain by an Irishman and full of immigrants won the thing for them.

I'm sure if the Germans took any interest in Cricket they'd still beat England.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 19, 2019, 12:41:32 AM

Did he not also suggest that all these economists were incorrect in suggesting that the UK economy would actually grow more after a Hard Brexit and wouldn't shrink as most are expecting if such a thing comes to pass.

He's becoming a parody of himself at this stage.