What Price the Dub's

Started by Bud Wiser, December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Just wondering what price a man would get to back the Dub's to win the Leinster Final next summer?  With Keaney back and that ex-Tipp lad and a few more little alterations I would not be afraid to put a few bob on them.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

maxpower

who's the tipp lad hurling for Dublin?

Could be a good leinster championship this year, Portumna going out might help Galway, Dublin strengthening, Offaly improving, If Oulart where to win Leinster it could spur Wexford on.

Though Kilkenny still big favourites
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM
Just wondering what price a man would get to back the Dub's to win the Leinster Final next summer?  With Keaney back and that ex-Tipp lad and a few more little alterations I would not be afraid to put a few bob on them.

Still short a cutting edge forward to take them to the next stage I'm afraid.

Canalman

Didn't hear Keaney was back............... was a class inter county hurler, still a very good club hurler............... still have my doubts if he will ever regain that old intercounty form of old.

Have to say that I am sickened that a Tipp lad has been parachuted (seemingly) on to the Dublin panel........... personally think that we should persevere with our own. Live or Die on our own merits. Having said that Corcoran has never let us down.

If our main lads stay injury free we have a chance with Leinster but only if we have our best 15 playing. A fully fit Fallon is also needed back asap.

Premier Emperor

33/1 is about right.
All teams in Leinster have to lie down for Kilkenny - its part of their DNA.

Bud Wiser

QuoteDidn't hear Keaney was back............... was a class inter county hurler, still a very good club hurler............... still have my doubts if he will ever regain that old intercounty form of old.

Have to say that I am sickened that a Tipp lad has been parachuted (seemingly) on to the Dublin panel........... personally think that we should persevere with our own. Live or Die on our own merits. Having said that Corcoran has never let us down.

Well its official now.  As regards the parachuting in of  outsiders well, to be fair you have a point but in this particular case it is not that bad.  Having read the excellent book, The Club by Christy O'Connor I felt like I was almost running alongside them when he described the lonesome slog of training on their own in Fairview Park because it was too far to go to Clare every second night of the week.  While I no longer consider Dublin to be one of the 'weaker' counties in hurling I would have no objection if for example when Sean Og O Halpin was told he was no longer part of Corks requirements he moved to work in a bank in Carlow and started hurling for them.  Anything that will improve hurling in any county outside of the top eight counties is a good thing.

What's happening in Dublin hurling at the moment is good and the appointment of Anthony Daly was the best piece of business done in managerial selection terms.  I really honestly believe that the Dubs will be as good as the rest in Leinster this year and we won't have long to wait to see them in action in the Walsh Cup.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Premier Emperor on December 04, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
33/1 is about right.

Paddy Power has them at 40/1 now.

Rossfan

Title should read -
What price the Dubs.

No apostrophe   ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

33/1 is about right.

True. bit like why Tipp has more pikeys then any other county. Its part of their DNA as you say

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2011, 06:01:41 PM
33/1 is about right.

True. bit like why Tipp has more pikeys then any other county. Its part of their DNA as you say

Really? I'd say Dublin has more
You'll Never Walk Alone.

heffo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2011, 09:31:39 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2011, 06:01:41 PM
33/1 is about right.

Really? I'd say Dublin has more

You might be onto something there TRLL - the last few years has brought a few mercenary pikies up the N7 from the Queens county - it could've tipped the scales..I know of one high profile individual who four years ago was horse trading what he was getting from a club in Dublin against what his county board were offering him...

tayto

Good luck with that, lets just see how Keaney fares back at the hurling, but we still have some serious weaknesses that will hold us back unless Daly can address them. Know very little about this O'Dwyer lad from Tipp, no guarantee that he'll bring anything special to the mix.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: tayto on January 11, 2011, 10:22:37 AM

Good luck with that, lets just see how Keaney fares back at the hurling, but we still have some serious weaknesses that will hold us back unless Daly can address them. Know very little about this O'Dwyer lad from Tipp, no guarantee that he'll bring anything special to the mix.

Hold on, surely Antrim could have a say?

INDIANA

Good win for Dublin against Galway. Down to 14 men for 35mins and still pulled through. Good game with both teams short. But both still trying to win. Bit of edge in it as well which was good to see so early in the season.

Wont get too excited but I'm very impressed with what Shane Ryan, Conal Keaney and Ryan O Dwyer have added in terms of physicality to the team.

I'd be hopeful of a good league.