Munster Final - Tipp v Waterford 12.7.09 - here's hoping for a classic.

Started by orangeman, July 05, 2009, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on July 07, 2009, 12:38:02 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 07, 2009, 12:20:13 PM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on July 07, 2009, 09:53:50 AM

Sorry to disappoint any of you who care to moan about an excellent Sunday Game show last Sunday eve but tough titty .
The only watchable game of football so far this year was Sunday's Munster Final . This was down to the pure intensity of the Limerick power play .
If you didn't like watching the true giants of yesteryear's hurling world then you shouldn't have bothered watching it .

The Sunday Game is meant to be a highlights show not a fecking Magazine show, The Road to Croker is meant to be a magazine show but that does start till the season is half over and sure they've changed the format this year .

Don't be complaining to me about it , if your that upset you should be getting onto RTE and let them know about  it   .
I personally thought it was a fantastic show .

Jokeshop of a programme- could have shown it next week. Would have made far more sense.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Glensman on July 07, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
They could maybe have shown two minutes of the flipping Antrim laois qualifier as well.
A complete joke.
Watched the Sunday Game last night (recorded)...at warp speed to get highlights of the Antrim match and there was nothing there.

Stopped and watch a bit of Davy Fitz's interview re Sunday...the girlfriend found it hard to believe that that wee man was a legend (using this loosely enough before everyone jumps down my throat) of the game.

I couldn't agree with you more Glensman Re Dave Fitz .  As far as I'm concerned I find it truly amazing that the authorities  have issued him with a driving licence . He reminds me of a squinty eyed chimpanzee who can just barely talk .
Everyday ,   life never ceases to suprise me with  the ineptitude of certain people in certain positions . i.e. politicians , Gardaí and many other positions of authority ordinary people will encounter in everyday  life . Shocking stuff really .

johnneycool

I've a sneaking suspicion Waterford will win this one by the odd point but they'll need to win the midfield battle with brick Walsh commanding and supporting his fullback like. Mullane will need to settle early and can expect a bit of a poke or two early on to break his concentration which in the past was easy to do.

Tipp haven't reached the same heights as last year, especailly Conor 'O Mahony and mumps aside he needs to reach his top form for Tipp to count in the latter stages.

The Blah's by 2

orangeman

Waterford's Stephen Molumphy is rated very doubtful for Sunday's Munster SHC final against Tipperary.

Molumphy is struggling with the knee injury suffered in the Munster semi-final replay win over Limerick, and hopes are fading for him.

Gary Hurney and Ken McGrath are both ruled out with long-term injuries.

Waterford hurling selector Peter Queally told the Examiner: 'Stephen's unlikely to make it.

'We're going to give him every chance, and there's a fair likelihood we'll still name him on the team, but put it to you this way - if he plays he probably won't be 100 per cent.

'Sunday's game has just come too soon for him, but we'll give him every chance before we have to rule him out of the picture.

'At least we know for a good while that Ken and Gary wouldn't be playing. That's given us a chance to get our heads around what alternatives we're going to have to use.'

deiseach

I don't think we have much chance. There's no danger Tipperary will be complacent having a) had such an awful record against us recently and b) taken a pounding from all and sundry for letting things get so dicey against Cork and Clare when they should have been out of sight. Add in the absence of Ken McGrath and probably Stephen Molumphy, and the near certainty that the curtain raiser will see the highly rated Tipp minors give a a right hiding to a Waterford team that only got through having had two bites at Clare  . . . I'm not full of optimism.

tayto

deiseach

deiseach

On a more cheerful note, it's great to be in both matches. Hasn't happened since 1958. Prior to that it happened in 1948, and that wasn't a bad oul year.

tayto

A good performance is vital for Waterford, have the players to trouble anyone on yer day. I just want someone to beat kilkenny at this stage, no offense to them or anything but just for a change.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gnevin on July 06, 2009, 07:10:39 PM
Am sick of all the Munster hype. Fecking RTÉ ruined the Sunday Game yesterday so they could blow hard about Munster for 90 minutes

Have you been to the Munster hurling final in Thurles?  I have been to a few including that one where Nicky English kicked the ball past Ger Cunningham in 1987. Is a fantastic occassion and all it is cracked up to be. Heading down for the weekend and can't wait. Sunday Game just wetted my thirst for it... brillant.

Gnevin

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 10, 2009, 08:56:08 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 06, 2009, 07:10:39 PM
Am sick of all the Munster hype. Fecking RTÉ ruined the Sunday Game yesterday so they could blow hard about Munster for 90 minutes

Have you been to the Munster hurling final in Thurles?  I have been to a few including that one where Nicky English kicked the ball past Ger Cunningham in 1987. Is a fantastic occassion and all it is cracked up to be. Heading down for the weekend and can't wait. Sunday Game just wetted my thirst for it... brillant.

No never been but I've been to a few Leinster which where classic and I've watch some crap Munster finals on the tele. Munster isn't perfect but some times you'd think it was.  All the hype isn't justified .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Carmen Stateside

Would not like to be in the Waterford changing room at half time with Wee Davy Fitz!! :D
Tipp look good!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.