Cavan v Armagh - Kingspan Breffni Park - Sat, Apr 22, 2023 - 18:30

Started by illdecide, April 12, 2023, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

2nd half shot selections and missing that goal chance undid Cavan, they could've been contenders in that last quarter.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on April 22, 2023, 08:48:40 PM
2nd half shot selections and missing that goal chance undid Cavan, they could've been contenders in that last quarter.
That's the difference between the divisions. Even Division 2 is sloppy compared to Division 1. I wouldn't be expecting accuracy in such a match from any team below mid level D2.

larryin89

Was the Armagh goal a square ball or am i seeing things in the highlights i just watched?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ethan Tremblay

He seemed half in half out on the live replay. 

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, although both teams are division 2 in 2024, this was a div 1 team playing a div 3 team today and that showed. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on April 22, 2023, 09:28:08 PM
Was the Armagh goal a square ball or am i seeing things in the highlights i just watched?
actually thought that myself watching it live, havent seen replay.

ONeill

Yer boy Turbitt has the looks of a 2019 McShane season about him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

naka

Thought the ref keep Cavan in the game .

Armagh18

Quote from: naka on April 22, 2023, 10:43:50 PM
Thought the ref keep Cavan in the game .
Thought he was harsh enough on us alright. Cavan probably could have had a man sent off for punching Jarly Og on side of the head in first half.

Mario

Quote from: seafoid on April 22, 2023, 08:57:12 PM
That's the difference between the divisions. Even Division 2 is sloppy compared to Division 1. I wouldn't be expecting accuracy in such a match from any team below mid level D2.
Agree, massive difference between top 10 and everyone else. Though thar game would have been interesting if it wasnt for an unreal save by rian oneill

Itchy

Armagh deserved their win. I thought we were pure shite today. Lacked any effort at attacking in first half, coughed up the cheapest turnovers I've seen in a long time. And yet in 2nd half when game looked lost we dominated possession but proceeded to kick brutal wide after wide. I can take no positives from it and bitterly disappointed in that display
Armagh will need to improve a lot to win ulster, a better team would have caught them in the 2nd half.

yellowcard

Cruise control for Armagh, once the goal went in it was game over and it just highlighted the gap in the divisions. But we'll need to be better to beat Derry or Monaghan in a potential Ulster final.

Derryman forever

Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 07:37:16 AM
Cruise control for Armagh, once the goal went in it was game over and it just highlighted the gap in the divisions. But we'll need to be better to beat Derry or Monaghan in a potential Ulster final.

So you give Down or Donegal no chance against Armagh at all?

Armagh18

Quote from: Derryman forever on April 23, 2023, 07:51:56 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 07:37:16 AM

So you give Down or Donegal no chance against Armagh at all?
Would never take anything for granted with this Armagh team and wasn't confident we'd best Cavan even when 9 points up. Couldn't relax until final whistle. Don't think Down or Donegal are close to as good as Cavan at this stage. We'd be strong favourites against either and should be beating them well, but like I always say, anything is possible with this Armagh team. (In a positive and negative sense)