Walsh Cup 2016

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 08, 2015, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Well, it's getting close. Here are the fixtures I lifted off the Leinster GAA website:

Saturday 2nd January 2016
Laois Venue (2.00) - Laois v Antrim

Sunday 10th January 2016
Laois Venue (2.00) - Laois v UCD

Sunday 17th January 2016
Laois Venue (2.00) - Laois v Dublin
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

Antrim game confirmed for Rathdowney.

Tobias

Paddy Mullaney
Brian Stapleton
Brian Campion
John Delaney
Joe Fitz
Michael McEvoy
Gearoid Burke
Ciaran Collier
James Walsh
Joe Campion
Zane Keenan
Dayne Peacock
John Brophy
Tommy Fitzgerald
A.N Other

Not a bad team but not 1 of them available in 2016!!

Helix

Quote from: Tobias on December 20, 2015, 06:52:31 AM
Paddy Mullaney
Brian Stapleton
Brian Campion
John Delaney
Joe Fitz
Michael McEvoy
Gearoid Burke
Ciaran Collier
James Walsh
Joe Campion
Zane Keenan
Dayne Peacock
John Brophy
Tommy Fitzgerald
A.N Other

Not a bad team but not 1 of them available in 2016!!

We can whinge about who's not there and just be happy with new lads that are in team. Hopefully new players get good tryout in Walsh cup and aim to get out of tough group!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

mountrath1

All IT Carlow lads playing with the college this year, picky,enda,cha and dwayne...Wexford in the first round they have sat 2nd jan

G@@

Zane Keenan is back this year I have heard.

Also Darren Maher is back - it is a huge pity that we didn't have him last year as we could have shored up alot of those goals, esp against Dublin.

With Healy free to return to the 5 shirt we won't be as weak as some are lamenting.

I seriously hope that we see Tom Delaney cement a starting place - it's been a while since we've had someone with a bit of grit like Mick Mack in the days.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

Off topic:

I wish all the LaoisTalkers a Happy Christmas and an exciting New Year for hurling! :)
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

Said I'd try throw up a team that might be available for the 2nd.

Eoin Reilly
Oisín Carroll
Darren Maher
Podge Lalor
Cahir Healy
Matthew Whelan
Liam O Connell
Paddy Purcell
Colm Stapleton
John Lennon
Patrick Whelan
Ciaran Collier
Ben Conroy
PJ Scully
Mark Kavanagh

Perhaps a little thin in places but we are short a lot of strong hurlers through injury, work and college commitments.
This Walsh Cup is an absolute non-entity in my books but it gets air into the lungs and me out of the house. Don't know how we managed to get three home games but we'll take it!

redsetanta

PJ scully finished with Limerick this year Merman?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Weak enough outfit, especially in defence,
We have some big shoes to fill, the return of Darren Maher is a big boost in that regard.
I'd imagine Neil Foyle will be given a big chance to nail down a central roll up front.

PJ is still in UL but unsure if he is college tied for the Walsh Cup

redsetanta

Is Reddin going to hurl with Laois this year?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

AFAIK Reddin is rearing to go!  ;)
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Helix

Is John Walsh of Ballinakill back in Laois fold this season?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

merman

John Walsh is indeed on the panel and should feature Saturday. As are other players who slipped my mind like Ben Reddin, Ciaran McEvoy, Eoghan Fennelly and Ryan Mullaney.

I had Neil Foyle down as being injured but I hope I'm wrong. I've long been an advocate of getting a fully-fit and firing Foyle into this team and a full pre-season could do him wonders.

Ogie

Foyle is fit and raring to go, was part of 4/5 player group, including picky & Cha, who were givin extra training over the Xmas