Is Paudie Hughes the worst Ref on the Intercounty roster?

Started by Malone Aristocrat, July 26, 2008, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

He refereed one of our games last year and played 10 mins of injury time somehow and to cap things off right at the end our opponents won a free 30 metres out on the sideline.  He then proceeds to move the free to the middle of the 13metre line for dissent.  When asked by our umpire why he had done this he said and I quote "under playing rule 4.1 if its in injury time and I move a free for dissent I have to move it to the 13m line".  News to me that one I was pretty sure that rule involved ensuring all players were in position at the start of a game
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orangeman

Quote from: blasmere on July 26, 2008, 09:13:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2008, 08:59:06 PM
Quote from: blasmere on July 26, 2008, 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on July 26, 2008, 06:51:48 PM
No doubt that ref was just spitful today...I hate refs

You can't do much without them, it's a thankless task.

I don't think it's a great idea for posters on this board to be starting threads slamming individuals who give their time to the GAA of their own free will.

How many players put in inept performances, week-in and week-out? (I'm not saying they deserved to be slated on here either, just like refs shouldn't)

This lad took the bicky today.

He may have done but I don't think he deserves his name to be trailed through mud on this board.

I bet he he does a lot more to promote the GAA than you ever do! - and to quote you and your silly faces  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Promote the GAA ? Away and catch a grip - bringing it into disrepute more like !  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

SLIGONIAN

Im glad this thread was started. I like to see teams get fair play but I was angry watching this game. I didnt really care who won but the bias decisions in the first were beyond bad against tyrone. He would of got linched if tyrone lost that. That umpire decision wasnt even close.

Anyone who says to me cheating doenst go on in the GAA watch this game again. That ref did not want tyrone to win. Although its kinda karma to tyrone for michael hughes cheating performances against us (sent off 3 sligo players in qualifier against westmeath) 2 recinded and cavan nfl was disaster again for us. At which point we had to object to him refering our games if selected i was told.

Referees are biased fullstop, they dont like some counties and when they ref there games its all to obvious they dont want them to get fair play.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

orangeman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 26, 2008, 10:29:30 PM
Im glad this thread was started. I like to see teams get fair play but I was angry watching this game. I didnt really care who won but the bias decisions in the first were beyond bad against tyrone. He would of got linched if tyrone lost that. That umpire decision wasnt even close.

Anyone who says to me cheating doenst go on in the GAA watch this game again. That ref did not want tyrone to win. Although its kinda karma to tyrone for michael hughes cheating performances against us (sent off 3 sligo players in qualifier against westmeath) 2 recinded and cavan nfl was disaster again for us. At which point we had to object to him refering our games if selected i was told.
Referees are biased fullstop, they dont like some counties and when they ref there games its all to obvious they dont want them to get fair play.

;) :D ;D

How can you say all that ? It's so hurtful ! Sure he's our top referee !  ;) :D

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2008, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 26, 2008, 10:29:30 PM

;) :D ;D

How can you say all that ? It's so hurtful ! Sure he's our top referee !  ;) :D

Funny that, marty duffy is our top referee and hes great too ;D :D ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Whacker

Apologies Rufus, there you go

Rufus T Firefly

Personal and repugnant attack of GAA official under the cloak of anonymity. If memory serves me well, you have form in this respect Whacker!

I'll repeat again what I said back then. Your bile says more about you horse than it does about him! Simple as that!

Whacker

:

orangeman

He had a poor game - here have been other poor refereeing performamces this summer but this game today shocked even the neutrals - no one has come on to defend him in any shape or form -

I would hope that he's just a poor referee as opposed to a biased performance.

On this showing he'll not be getting many more games as he's simply not up to it.

A lot of younger referees are being put into this Ulster refereeing academy and pushed ( because of their age ) into the limelight  - a lot of them are simply not up to it and we see the results of this policy -

As I said before, give me Kimmy White anyday - mightn't look the best - isn't the youngest kid on the block but he's sensible.

johnpower

This is getting dangerous . Mods referees need protection

orangeman

Quote from: johnpower on July 26, 2008, 11:48:16 PM
This is getting dangerous . Mods referees need protection

Fr. Gardiner is on his way - nobody is saying anything more than he had a poor game.

It's said about players all the time.

pintsofguinness

QuoteHe had a poor game - here have been other poor refereeing performamces this summer but this game today shocked even the neutrals - no one has come on to defend him in any shape or form -

I think he's alright.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2008, 11:52:43 PM
QuoteHe had a poor game - here have been other poor refereeing performamces this summer but this game today shocked even the neutrals - no one has come on to defend him in any shape or form -

I think he's alright.

A ringing endorsement if ever I heard one !

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2008, 11:52:43 PM

I think he's alright.

Of course sure you and himself are looking through the same coloured lenses :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Look, he pisses of the Dromintee and the Bullyhanna boys.
He pisses off the Tyrone and and Down boys.

IMO he's alright.
It's a pity he's a Cross man but everyone can't be from the 'bridge.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?