Breaking news from the DRA

Started by Kerry Mike, July 21, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

He'd be a handy man to have to take on the Aussies later on in the year. I suspect some sort of "compromise" will be reached.

Unfortunately the DRA is a necessary evil in the organisation. If this isn't a wind up and he gets off the people to blame are those who gave him the excessive suspension in the first place - not the DRA.

orangeman

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 22, 2008, 01:38:44 PM
He'd be a handy man to have to take on the Aussies later on in the year. I suspect some sort of "compromise" will be reached.

Unfortunately the DRA is a necessary evil in the organisation. If this isn't a wind up and he gets off the people to blame are those who gave him the excessive suspension in the first place - not the DRA.
[/b]

Agreed  - it didn't need to be taken this length if CCCC had been sensible.

his holiness nb

Sounds like the AI is back over to Kerry to loose  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

rrhf

Breaking news from the horse's mouth: Paul Galvin is a free man.

More to follow....

Listen if  this has come from the horses mouth then I would tend to agree with it.  Whatever. let him off.  Who cares.  Kerry are gone this year regardless.

Maguire01

RTÉ.ie
QuoteNo news on Galvin appeal

Tuesday, 22 July 2008 13:48

The decision into Kerry captain Paul Galvin's appeal to the DisputesResolution Authority may not be known until Wednesday.

Galvin and the Kerry County Board had expected a verdict by lunchtime on Tuesday after the Finuge man's challenge to his six-month suspension was wrapped up on Monday night.

However, a spokesperson for DRA secretary Liam Keane told RTÉ News that the three-man tribunal have yet to deliver their judgement and may not do so until Wednesday.

paddypastit

QuoteUnfortunately the DRA is a necessary evil in the organisation. If this isn't a wind up and he gets off the people to blame are those who gave him the excessive suspension in the first place - not the DRA.

Leaving aside the merits of the Galvin case or not, I'm with Seanie re the DRA on this one.

Likewise its decision on Moran is an indicment of the committee that decided post television analysis that it was appropriate to second guess the origional desision of the referee in that case. 

Far from being a backward step, the decision to overturn the Moran suspension was a vote of support to referees to say 'we trust you and we will back your judgement and ability' As it had become it was a case of 'do the best you can but it doesn't matter what you think, we'll make our own decision later anyway'.  Is is any wonder the set up has been a balls in recent times.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

TacadoirArdMhacha

Personally I can't understand how they more than one appeals body is needed. Surely the functions of the DRA could be amalgated into the initial appeals body to cut down the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 22, 2008, 05:15:44 PM
Personally I can't understand how they more than one appeals body is needed. Surely the functions of the DRA could be amalgated into the initial appeals body to cut down the ridiculous amount of bureaucracy.

It's because this isn't or at least wasn't an appeals body per se. It's an alternative form of dispute resolution that is independant of the GAA which is designed to avoid court battles. In many was it's similar to the CAS. If your interested TAC drop me a mail and I'll send you through the article I did on it a few years ago. Outdated now mind you

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

glenullinabu

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 21, 2008, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: glenullinabu on July 21, 2008, 11:30:26 PM
if true its s huge mistake
if you cant protect refs in big games how does that leave the club ref going into "dangerous" club ground - you know the ones i mean

Which ones? The ones with P. Bradley in them??

those taps on the shoulder can do  serious damage ;)
how about the ones where refs get a serious kicking and the county boards bury the reports (allegedly ::))

tyssam5

Quote from: glenullinabu on July 22, 2008, 07:15:53 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 21, 2008, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: glenullinabu on July 21, 2008, 11:30:26 PM
if true its s huge mistake
if you cant protect refs in big games how does that leave the club ref going into "dangerous" club ground - you know the ones i mean

Which ones? The ones with P. Bradley in them??

those taps on the shoulder can do  serious damage ;)
how about the ones where refs get a serious kicking and the county boards bury the reports (allegedly ::))

Aye saw that on the X-files. Scully had a fine game at full-forward, but that cvnt Mulder was shite had to take him off to feck.

magickingdom

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 17, 2008, 08:31:02 PM
Previously posted in the Ulster Colleges thread in relation to St Pat's Dugannon beating Mr Galvin's school in the Hogan Cup final..........

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 08, 2008, 09:15:59 PM
QuotePaul Galvin's face towards the end of the game was just a picture

lets hope this is the Paul Galvin look you will all be envious of come September  :P

Don't think we'll be seeing this in September. :D

maybe........  ;)

Armamike

Never mind accosting the referee, he should have been banned a lifetime for sticking his arse out at the assembled great and good.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gaagaa

he's a class act alright ::)

hardly what youd expect off a kerry player

magickingdom

sort out your expectations gaagaa

Square Ball

have a look at this, the possible over turning of the ban news broke yesterday, the odds of Kerry winning the AI seemed to have reduced from 5/2 to 2/1 since yesterday.

http://odds.bestbetting.com/gaa/gaelic-football/all-ireland-senior-football/winner
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid