The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

NYC is cancelling Trump's contracts with the city to operate the two ice rinks and the carousel in Central Park, as well as a golf course in the Bronx.

About time.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2021, 03:30:57 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 13, 2021, 03:25:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2021, 03:14:34 PM
Sid

Show me where I said there would be a problem?
You set up a hypothetical scenario 50 years into the future where there is opposition to monuments to people involved in the Troubles

You were clearly implying that this would be a problem - that this opposition should not be allowed - you hoped that people would answer "oh, but that's different"

You expected that I would answer a certain way, to create a bad faith "gotcha" moment for you

When I answered in the opposite way to what you expected, you were stumped

I have no idea why you compared monuments to people involved in the Troubles to Confederate monuments in the first place, as if they are in any way equivalent

Neither do you - which is why you first did exactly that, and then wondered why anybody would do that, even though had just done that exact thing

The central point here is that you clearly have a big, big problem with the removal of Confederate monuments, and instead of admitting that, you look for any sort of obfuscation to come with ludicrous "logic" as to why they shouldn't be removed

It is a demonstration of appalling ideology, appalling bad faith debating, and appalling obfuscation

The real question is why you have a problem with the removal of Confederate monuments - and that can only be explained by your rotten ideology

Actually I'm all for removing Confederate monuments and flags from public spaces and buildings
I don't ever remember you saying this before, but if so, good

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2021, 03:31:34 PM
NYC is cancelling Trump's contracts with the city to operate the two ice rinks and the carousel in Central Park, as well as a golf course in the Bronx.

About time.
great work by nyc,  hows the vaccine rollout going ? I see cuomo saying we need to open up or there will be nothing left to open recently big change of tune there .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2021, 06:28:18 PM

About time.
great work by nyc,  hows the vaccine rollout going ? I see cuomo saying we need to open up or there will be nothing left to open recently big change of tune there .

What does Trump contracts (a city issue) have to do with the vaccine (a state issue)?

Vaccination program, off to a fairly slow start like everywhere, has moved on to "phase 1B" and they are getting a bunch of new sites opened to allow people to get it. Think they passed half a million doses administered at the weekend.

His "reopening" comments appear to be based on the realization that the vaccination program is going to take most of the year, so they're trying to ramp up testing even more to facilitate loosening restrictions. Getting a test has not been a problem here, unlike many other places. However, you often did have to queue for a couple of hours, so extra capacity would obviously make things easier.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2021, 06:42:33 PM

About time.

What does Trump contracts (a city issue) have to do with the vaccine (a state issue)?

Vaccination program, off to a fairly slow start like everywhere, has moved on to "phase 1B" and they are getting a bunch of new sites opened to allow people to get it. Think they passed half a million doses administered at the weekend.

His "reopening" comments appear to be based on the realization that the vaccination program is going to take most of the year, so they're trying to ramp up testing even more to facilitate loosening restrictions. Getting a test has not been a problem here, unlike many other places. However, you often did have to queue for a couple of hours, so extra capacity would obviously make things easier.

Was looking to head to New York in October... how far on would the vaccine program be?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 07:00:42 PM

About time.

Was looking to head to New York in October... how far on would the vaccine program be?

Should be good to go

I'm low risk and am looking at Summer before I get it

If 55% are vaccinated, "herd mentality" begins to kick in

Walter Cronc

Is Trump likely to get impeached or not lads?

J70

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 13, 2021, 07:30:00 PM
Is Trump likely to get impeached or not lads?

100%. Even Liz Cheney is ready to stick the knife in.

Question is whether the Senate will convict.

Word is that McConnell is willing to vote for removal (to get started on removing the Trump cancer from the party) but will not bring the Senate back early. If Schumer is allowed to run the trial AFTER Trump is gone from office, then he may very well be convicted if enough Republicans follow McConnell (and this assumes the reports about McConnell are true. I haven't seen any denial yet).

J70

About time.

f**king hope it will be well on!

As whitey says, they should at least be well on the way to herd immunity by then.

DeBlasio was hoping to get one million/month vaccinated, once things get moving. IF (big if) they achieve that rate, then you'd be looking at the city completing its program around September/October.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2021, 07:42:06 PM

About time.

As whitey says, they should at least be well on the way to herd immunity by then.

DeBlasio was hoping to get one million/month vaccinated, once things get moving. IF (big if) they achieve that rate, then you'd be looking at the city completing its program around September/October.
did cuomo ever get that independent group to examine the vaccine?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2021, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2021, 07:42:06 PM

About time.

did cuomo ever get that independent group to examine the vaccine?
Apparently so.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-new-york-state-clinical-advisory-task-force-approves-moderna-vaccine#:~:text=York%20State%20Yesterday-,Governor%20Andrew%20M.,vaccine%20in%20New%20York%20State.

Cunny Funt

Trump impeached for a 2nd time. History marker clown.

Gmac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 09:23:30 PM
have they nothing better to do he's out in 7 days .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2021, 09:27:09 PM
have they nothing better to do he's out in 7 days .

So what do you think the appropriate response is to what Trump did?

J70

One term.

Lost popular vote twice.

Lost the WH, the House and the Senate in the space of two years.

Ripped tiny children out of their parents arms and shipped them across the country.

Praised the mob who invaded the Capitol building, hunting for the VP and the Speaker of the House, resulting in the death of five people.

Impeached twice.

Worst president ever.