Meath GAA

Started by slane85, October 14, 2007, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slane85

Kiltale in the final for the first time in 24 years. Kilmessan there AGAIN. They looked unbeatable in the first half, but faded a little after being reduced to 14 before kicking on at the end....

So, a local rivalry is renewed, but for the first time ever in a final.

slane85

Unbelievably, miraculously, Kiltale are Meath Senior Hurling Champions!!!

Two words sum up the performance - hard work. Kilmessam weren't given an inch, so much so that they scored just one point in the second half.

his holiness nb

Senior looks very interesting with the last 2 years champions alongside Navan in the same group!

Any predictions from Meathmen for these championships?

Commons Hardware SFC

Group A

Summerhill v. Rathkenny

Wolfe Tones v. Navan O'Mahonys

Skryne v. Seneschalstown

Group B

St. Patricks v. Blackhall Gaels

St Peters Dunboyne v. Walterstown

Simonstown Gaels a bye

Group C

Duleek / Bellewstown v. Dunshaughlin

Donaghmore / Ashbourne v. Kilmainhamwood

Trim a bye

Lagan Group IFC

Group A

Na Fianna v. Nobber

St Michaels v. Cortown

Oldcastle v. St Colmcilles

Group B

St Ultans v. Castletown

Syddan v. Ballinlough

Drumconrath a bye

Group C

Ballivor v. Gaeil Colmcille

Dunderry v. Carnaross

Clann na Gael a bye

Lynch's Pharmacy JFC

Group A

Wolfe Tones vs. Bective

St Peters Dunboyne v. Drumbaragh

Kilmainham v. Simonstown Gaels

St. Marys a bye

Group B

Kildalkey v. Ballinabrackey

Navan O'Mahonys v. Slane

Kilbride v. Dunsany

Group C

St Brigids v. Curraha

Moylagh v. Moynalvey

Meath Hill v. Summerhill

Group D

Longwood v. Skryne

Drumree v. Gael Colmcille

Boardsmill v. Ratoath
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Summerhill v. Rathkenny
Wolfe Tones v. Navan O'Mahonys
Skryne v. Seneschalstown

....all in the same group - thats summerhill (and rathkenny) fecked
The mighty 'Hill will prob beat rathkenny and thats it.

his holiness nb

Will be interested to see how donaghmore ashbourne get on this year. Played them last year and they seemed a serious outfit.
Twice the team that ballinlough, who they replaced in the senior championship were.

Could be Rathkenny to go down after an impressive enough first year in Senior.
Ask me holy bollix

Louth Exile

Group A is a bitch of group to be in alright by the looks of it, but you never know, O'Mahonys were blessed to come out of the group stages last year.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

his holiness nb

Quote from: Louth Exile on February 21, 2008, 01:20:49 PM
Group A is a bitch of group to be in alright by the looks of it, but you never know, O'Mahonys were blessed to come out of the group stages last year.

Relegated to Div 2 also, will be interesting to see if they bounce back.
Ask me holy bollix

Declan

We had a good win over Skryne in the first league game last week. Interesting to see what Donaghmore/Ashbourne are like alright

davereilly

Ok with the remaining group games left there seems to be some interesting ties left in store

Rathmolyon vs. Kilmessan
Kildalkey vs. Kilmessan
Kiltale vs. Dunboyne etc.

So how does anyone think the groups will finish up and more importantly, who will win the jubilee cup this year?

thejuice

Just a thread about general news and other goings on in the Royal County.

Well on Hoganstand Colm O'Rourke reckons Meath should be "the Kerry" of the East
http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=104246

Have we got that potential? Have we got the infrastructure to reach our potential?

New management team in place:
Eamonn O'Brien,
Colm Brady,
Robbie O'Malley
Donal Curtis.

Colm and Trevor are U-21 managers, this is good with some good Minors coming into the senior ranks from Pat Coyles teams
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Murphy predicts Geraghty comeback
10 December 2008

Meath goalkeeper Brendan Murphy is refusing to rule out the prospect of Graham Geraghty coming out of retirement for next summer's big Leinster SFC showdown with Dublin.

Both Geraghty and Darren Fay retired after this summer's disastrous All-Ireland qualifier loss to Limerick, but Murphy says he wouldn't be surprised if the former had a change of heart in the next few months.

"I'm the oldest with Graham gone but you never know, he might show his face again," said Murphy, who is in San Francisco with the All-Stars.

"The night we drew Dublin, I texted him saying: 'You'll be back yet'. And he just replied with a question mark, so you never know with him. He makes no secret that he loves the Dublin game.

"Secretly, the Dublin fans would like to see him there as well to give him a bit of stick from the Hill."

Reflecting on 2008, the Trim clubman refuses to blame the infamous Parnell Park brawl, which resulted in massive suspensions for the Royals, for their championship demise.

"I wouldn't pinpoint that as we weren't playing great up to that," he remembers.

"The league was poor. The intensity and hunger just didn't seem to be there. It was probably attitude. But we can learn a lot from it because it was the first time anyone of us was in the scenario of doing so well (in 2007) that we took the foot off the gas a bit."
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Royal officials set for showdown

By Cliona Foley

Friday December 12 2008

FORMER Meath chairman Brendan Dempsey will go head-to-head with the man he lost his seat to a year ago at the county convention on Sunday, writes Cliona Foley.

Barney Allen had to step down as Meath secretary this time last year under the five-year rule, but he was immediately successful in ousting Dempsey as chairman.

Dempsey has been centrally involved since as he is Meath's Central Council delegate.

But he has admitted to having "unfinished business" at county board level.

O'Brien has also been critical of the board in recent days, accusing them of missing out on funding for the new Meath Centre of Excellence in Dunganny.

"The Darver project in Louth got €800,000, but we didn't get what we needed and I believe that we should have battled harder for a greater share of the pot," Dempsey said.

thejuice

QuoteAllen retains chair in Meath
15 December 2008

Barney Allen was re-elected Meath county board chairman after comfortably seeing off the challenge of Brendan Dempsey at Sunday's annual convention.

The Rathkenny clubman had come in for criticism in recent weeks over the protracted appointment process of a new football manager, but it did not affect his popularity as he defeated Dempsey - who he ousted from the chair this time last year - by 108 votes to 62.

Allen played down the long delay in installing Eamonn O'Brien as Colm Coyle's successor in his address to delegates.

"I accept that there was a delay but I don't think it was as serious as the press reported," he said.

"I just hope that I can do as much as I can for Meath county board in 2008. I have been coming to convention since 1964 and this is my 32nd year to be in a position on the Meath county board. I hope I can do as much as previous chairmen have done."

There was some consolation for Trim clubman Dempsey when he was re-elected as Central Council delegate, while Enda Smith from Blackhall Gaels was installed as the new vice-chairman.

For the first time ever, a woman was elected to a position the Meath county executive with Dunshaughlin's Mairead Delaney voted in as development officer.

Meanwhile, a Skyrne motion proposing that the 'mark' be introduced into Gaelic football was referred back to the adjourned convention on January 12. If accepted, it will go forward to next April's annual Congress for further debate.

Declan

QuoteFor the first time ever, a woman was elected to a position the Meath county executive with Dunshaughlin's Mairead Delaney voted in as development officer.

Best of luck to her. Who'll sell the lotto tickets on Sunday nights now???

mattockranger

Kit henry installed as mattock rangers manager

any views on the meath junior manager!??
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital