GAA Club Websites

Started by GaillimhIarthair, April 26, 2007, 11:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and white

so your post stating the website has nothing to do with the county board is a lie? look dont get me wrong the website is a big improvement, you must have had something to do with it, but when i said i didnt want to contribute because of the county board you saiid it had nothing to do with them.  websites are one of the strongest marketing tools as well as a communication tool and the gaa are going to have to get up to speed on that. just becasue we are no 1sport in ireland doesnt mean we can slip. www.gaa.ie is the weakest sport website in ireland of the top 7-8 sports.

the colonel

anrtimgaa.net is a good page, look on the links to sites like gort na mona's and cushendalls who have good pages.
the difference between success and failure is energy

carnaross

St. Benedicts in Leeds use "intheteam" as a template for our site. They cover loads of sports. There is an annual cost depending on the variety required. It is relatively easy to administer once up and running. There is both a guestbook and a forum. Several clubs in the north of England use it. Worth a look.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

amallon

Our site www.mayobridge.com is hosted with the GAA.  They provide a content management system and the template for the site.  The site is very easy to update its much like using a word processor but its pretty limited in the layout and functionality.  Its free but your site won't be hottest site on the web, although I believe there are some improvements in the pipeline.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Captain Scarlet

we have a thing called cutenews

www.johnstownbridgegaa.com

its a nice site but was let go for a while, only gettin it goin now. its a good format but as i said we need to get it going again with pics especially.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

catweazle

Armaghgaa.net have redesigned their website also, sportsmanager.ie seem to be doing a lot of the County board websites around the country at the moment

lynchbhoy

the laois website is quite interesting

www.rentamidget.com

culchy1

Try out our club website, www.RasharkinGAC.ie

Our club is currently doing a development draw, for which you can purchase tickets online !

Any support is welcome.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: amallon on November 06, 2007, 12:38:30 AM
Our site www.mayobridge.com is hosted with the GAA.  They provide a content management system and the template for the site.  The site is very easy to update its much like using a word processor but its pretty limited in the layout and functionality.  Its free but your site won't be hottest site on the web, although I believe there are some improvements in the pipeline.

Thats not a bad site, yes it is simplistic, but it has eveything you would want, I see your handy with the youtube videos yourself
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

robertemmet

Stumbled across the Leitrim website.

It is brilliant, take a look

http://www.leitrimgaa.ie

Louth Exile

Quick Question on Hosting a Club Website

I am in the process of having a website developed for our club, the set up cost is being sponsored with the hosting cost being the only cost to the club. I was told by the developer it would be €300 per anum for the hosting cost. I have subsequently been told that this is expensive and it should only be between €100 and €150. Can any of you please advise me??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ziggysego

I'm paying roughly €230.
Testing Accessibility

WeeDonns

Feck Ziggy, my hosting and domain is only costing about £30 a year

www.drumraghgfc.net

ziggysego

That's your site WeeDonns? Like the re-design.
Testing Accessibility