Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2012, 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2012, 03:14:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 22, 2012, 02:32:00 PM
Like how they comfortably beat all the other top teams at home in the league Spurs,Arsenal & Chelsea last night?

No I mean how they comfortably beat Man Utd the last time in the league and how comfortable they looked in the Cup until the referee changed the game unnecessarily!
WTF?

City comfortably beat Spurs in WHL when it came to the return fixture it wasn't so comfortable. United have won the same amount of games as City (22) have scored more (73 v 71) & most importantly even after losing the head to head United have more points.

If it comes down to the derby United will possibly only need a draw but i won't be counting my chickens yet as in 2010 United only needed a draw v Chelsea to win the league.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

I think utd fans are very worried at the minute of city, and tevez in particular.

It is destiny for him to score v united at the Etihad.

screenexile

Quote from: ross4life on March 22, 2012, 09:11:11 PM
Like how they comfortably beat all the other top teams at home in the league Spurs,Arsenal & Chelsea last night?

No I mean how they comfortably beat Man Utd the last time in the league and how comfortable they looked in the Cup until the referee changed the game unnecessarily!
WTF?

City comfortably beat Spurs in WHL when it came to the return fixture it wasn't so comfortable. United have won the same amount of games as City (22) have scored more (73 v 71) & most importantly even after losing the head to head United have more points.

If it comes down to the derby United will possibly only need a draw but i won't be counting my chickens yet as in 2010 United only needed a draw v Chelsea to win the league.

City have won every single one of their games at the Etihad . . . it's not their home form that is going to cost them the league! It's away to Arsenal and possible the Newcastle game in which they will struggle. I still think they will beat Man United and it will ultimately win them the title.

EC Unique

Sooner or later city will drop points at home. Why should it not be Utd that hold them to a draw or even beat them. Utd will be the best side they will face at home so it is not a given.

ballinaman

Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2012, 01:30:43 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 22, 2012, 09:11:11 PM

WTF?

City have won every single one of their games at the Etihad . . . it's not their home form that is going to cost them the league! It's away to Arsenal and possible the Newcastle game in which they will struggle. I still think hope they will beat Man United and it will ultimately win them the title.

screenexile

Wayne Rooney has visited Fabrice Muamba in hospital today.

"It's great, he can almost string a sentence together" said Fabrice!

under the bar

Fabrice Muamba in hospital that Torres scored twice in a game

"How many f*%ing years have I been in a coma for?" asked Fabrice

under the bar

QuoteI think utd fans are very worried at the minute of city, and tevez in particular.

Not so much worried, more frustrated worker.  We could be winning the league at a canter again at the min and if we lose it, it will be because we didn't strengthen in midfield adequately in the summer, not because oil.com threw billions at city and we couldn't compete. for many Vidic's injury seemed to put the death nell on the title challenge and exposed the lack of a defensive MF ball winner, yet here we are top of the table with 9 to go! 

City's blue moon will undoubtedly rise and win titles whether this season, next, or thereafter but that will ultimately only serve to make United, the largest currency in English, if not world, football improve and conquer once again, like they did when Abramovic came and sugar-daddied Chelsea. 

Personally I'd be more worried if a gulf nation sponsored Arsenal, rather than our neighbours as the former might not provoke us into quite as sharp a reaction. 

Worrying times for Liverpudlians tho!  Who'd bet against another trophy-laden two decades for Manchester?

From the Bunker

Quote from: under the bar on March 23, 2012, 10:20:22 PM
QuoteI think utd fans are very worried at the minute of city, and tevez in particular.

Not so much worried, more frustrated worker.  We could be winning the league at a canter again at the min and if we lose it, it will be because we didn't strengthen in midfield adequately in the summer, not because oil.com threw billions at city and we couldn't compete. for many Vidic's injury seemed to put the death nell on the title challenge and exposed the lack of a defensive MF ball winner, yet here we are top of the table with 9 to go! 

City's blue moon will undoubtedly rise and win titles but that will only serve to make United improve and conquer once again, like they did when Abramovic came and sugar-daddied Chelsea. 

Worrying times for Livepudlians.  Who'd bet against another trophy-laden two decades for Manchester?

I for one would, Fergie will not be there for the next two decades. His genius has been keeping Man U. in the hunt for honours with an average group of players. And unless the parasite Glaziers leave there will be no major war chest.

under the bar

QuoteI for one would, Fergie will not be there for the next two decades. His genius has been keeping Man U. in the hunt for honours with an average group of players. And unless the parasite Glaziers leave there will be no major war chest.

Correct re: Fergie's genius bunker and we may never see the likes again.   The Glazers will probably cash in given that he delivered maximum return on moderate investment, so much so that they allegedly batted back a near billion windfall from Qatar to hold onto United.

Fact is however that United & Real are the richest currencies in football and the wealthiest men will always want the biggest brand so if on the open market would attract as big, if not bigger, investors than city, chelsea, psg or whoever and would have little trouble in attracting the  best managers.

EC Unique

City drop 2 more points. All going to plan. ;D

ross4life

Joint top again  :( Fulham at home on Monday night with the chance to go three clear  :)

What about that Van Basten like strike from Peter Crouch  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

It was some dig. Possible goal of the season. It may well have a big say in the title race.

BennyCake

A 4-0 win for United v Fulham and City's goal difference is wiped out.

I think United can even afford to lose at City, because City won't beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

superblues

yeah thats the way fergie will be looking at it :P