FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 06, 2012, 11:07:22 PM
No place for Coleman or Stephen Ireland who was the fans player of the season at Villa. It is a shame to see talent like that going to waste for a country with limited resources like ours.

Ireland got the fans player of the year votes for telling McLeish to **** off during a game against Newcastle.  It's accepted among Villa fans that Given was their least bad performer this season. That said, Ireland has been decent in patches and was quite good today.

Clown

Theres always going to be people complaining about Traps selections. Big furore to get McClean picked, seems that he will be picked, but still the knockers aren't happy.

Seamus Coleman has been shite this season and has never done it at international level, yes hasn't been given many chances, but of the games he has had he's never impressed.
Good to see McClean going
As for people mentioning Stephen Ireland, oh dear. Do you really want to see him representing your country at the European Championships?

The only one i feel sorry for is James McCarthy who's been excellent for Wigan this year but obviously Trap doesnt fancy him.

However, how about getting behind the manager and players for a change instead of listening to that wind up merchant and attention seeker Dunphy.

Forever Green

Aye, Stephen Ireland is a good player but I wouldn`t have him anywhere near the squad. He`s a hateful, ugly rat bastard

Don`t think there will be many surprises in the squad. I hope Coleman is in the squad. This is the starting team I would have:

--------------------------Given-------------------------
--------------O`Shea---Dunne---St.Ledger-----------
Coleman-------McCarthy----Gibson------------Duff
------------------------McGeady------------------------
--------------------Long-------Keane--------------------

Give McGeady that free man role without much defensive responsibilities and he could cause some damage. Imo, we will get tore to pieces if we have Whelan and Andrews in the middle. We need to make that midfield area as tight as we can especially against the world`s best

AFS

Quote from: Forever Green on May 07, 2012, 12:08:03 AM
Aye, Stephen Ireland is a good player but I wouldn`t have him anywhere near the squad. He`s a hateful, ugly rat b**tard

Don`t think there will be many surprises in the squad. I hope Coleman is in the squad. This is the starting team I would have:

Give McGeady that free man role without much defensive responsibilities and he could cause some damage. Imo, we will get tore to pieces if we have Whelan and Andrews in the middle. We need to make that midfield area as tight as we can especially against the world`s best

Yeah, going three at the back without any sort of holding midfielder is a much better idea. Do you actually watch football?

Forever Green

Quote from: AFS on May 07, 2012, 12:14:06 AM
Aye, Stephen Ireland is a good player but I wouldn`t have him anywhere near the squad. He`s a hateful, ugly rat b**tard

Yeah, going three at the back without any sort of holding midfielder is a much better idea. Do you actually watch football?

Who?

Capt Pat

I just said it is a pity Ireland isnt ther however valid the reasons for him not being there are? He is possibly the most talented player we have. If Coleman and McCarthy were to be left at home as well that would be a lot of talent to be leaving out of the squad completely.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Leo on May 06, 2012, 10:34:59 PM
Quote from: AFS on May 06, 2012, 10:21:57 PM
Squad named tomorrow. Going to be very predictable unless there is any substance to the paper talk about an established player missing out. I'll take a wild guess at this being the 23:

Given OK
Westwood  3rd choicr at Sunderland
Forde 2nd choice at Milwall""

Dunne
St. Ledger - reserve at Leicester
O'Dea - on loan from Celtic to Leeds who don't want him
O'Shea
Foley - occasional player in relegated team
Ward - OK
Kelly

Whelan
Andrews
Gibson
McCarthy
McGeady - th e only regular performer in premiership but nobody notices because hes reall scotish
Duff - back in form OK
Hunt - which one? the relegated player who hasn't scored in a seasom or his brother who gets the odd game with Reading?
McClean- he'll do

Keane
Walters
Doyle
Long
Cox

Between those five players I will hazzaed a guess at 20 goals total   in this last season.
Scary stuff.
The teams at big compeitions have tended to be better thsn the sum of their parts, but Jesus!  :o

trileacman

Quote from: AFS on May 07, 2012, 12:14:06 AM

Yeah 7 players who couldn't defend against the rugged island over 75's is a good way to "tighten the middle". He'd want to be careful with himself or RTE could go chasing after him as the next Dunphy. Iniesta gunning down the wing against Daimen Duff, can't wait.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Subbie

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 01, 2012, 06:24:01 PM
There was a story in the Indo today about somebody not making the squad for non football reasons? No other clues were given except tgat Mcean was likely to benefit.

Yeah just seen on Twitter, @tonyleen;One Republic Of Ireland player will dominate tmrws Euro 2012 squad announcement:the one who has tp pull out for 'personal reasons'Sad.

Who the f**k is it??  :o :o :o :o

Tony Leen is the sports editor with D'Papur boy

ExiledGael

Twitter full of rumours that it's Damien Duff, some saying a family member is very unwell.

GalwayBayBoy

Given, Westwood, Forde, Dunne, O'Shea, St.Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kelly, Foley, Whelan, Gibson, Andrews, Fahey, Duff, McGeady, Hunt, McClean, Keane, Doyle, Long, Cox, Walters.

STANDBY: Randolph, McShane, Green, Coleman, Keogh.

AFS

Given, Westwood, Forde, Dunne, O'Shea, St.Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kelly, Foley, Whelan, Gibson, Andrews, Fahey, Duff, McGeady, Hunt, McClean, Keane, Doyle, Cox, Long, Walters. STANDBY: Randolph, McShane, Green, Coleman, Keogh

No McCarthy.

GalwayBayBoy

thewobbler

Beyond the fact that this team is about as balanced as Alex Ferguson when talking about referees, why on earth would you cling to a hope that Trap might change the formation that has got us to the finals, or even consider dropping the two central midfielders, who while limited, understand his system better than anyone else?

onefaircounty

Quote from: thewobbler on May 07, 2012, 03:39:53 PM

Beyond the fact that this team is about as balanced as Alex Ferguson when talking about referees, why on earth would you cling to a hope that Trap might change the formation that has got us to the finals, or even consider dropping the two central midfielders, who while limited, understand his system better than anyone else?

And who were amongst our best performers, especially in the second half of the campaign.

Forever Greeb, that's a horrible team for Ireland, no offence.