?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

camanchero

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 08, 2012, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on March 08, 2012, 01:32:59 PM

Ah thats a bit harsh on Zander.always thought he was tough tackling no nonsense type player.

Only if you define the ability to play football as "nonsense"
and tough as "late"...

He's quite good at scaring away the seagulls though.
very harsh.
aberdeen's diamond and anderson were the best centre halves that I can recall them having since the days under awex fwerguson

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: camanchero on March 08, 2012, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 08, 2012, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on March 08, 2012, 01:32:59 PM

Ah thats a bit harsh on Zander.always thought he was tough tackling no nonsense type player.

Only if you define the ability to play football as "nonsense"
and tough as "late"...

He's quite good at scaring away the seagulls though.
very harsh.
aberdeen's diamond and anderson were was the best centre halves half partnership that I can recall them having since the days under awex fwerguson

Undoubtedly, and everyone had high hopes that Diamond would mature into a quality defender.  Anderson left, and Diamond just went downhill. 

Under Anderson's guidance, Diamond was OK.  Left to think for himself he was rotten, I don't think he's naturally very good.  It's no coincidence that since getting rid of Diamond and Foster, Aberdeen have become much harder to beat.

camanchero

think diamonds problems were also more linked to a spate of injures he hit around the time before and after anderson left if I recall correctly.
seemed to stop his development as he certainly wasnt the same player after these.
being linked to Celtic I reckon also unsettled him a lot and this was possibly also a factor.

Forever Green

Zander Diamond was a decent player at a time but he was an absolute bombscare the last couple of seasons. Used to love seeing his name on the teamsheet. Big Celtic fan though so I`m no going to be too hard on him  ;D

Forever Green

f**k the football. Killie player Liam Kelly`s father suffered a heart attack at Hampden after the game while going to celebrate with his son. Unfortanutely, he passed away shortly after. Feel so bad for the lad as he had a brilliant game, just puts everything into perspective

RIP Mr Kelly

God Bless

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Forever Green on March 19, 2012, 12:56:21 AM
f**k the football. Killie player Liam Kelly`s father suffered a heart attack at Hampden after the game while going to celebrate with his son. Unfortanutely, he passed away shortly after. Feel so bad for the lad as he had a brilliant game, just puts everything into perspective

RIP Mr Kelly

God Bless

Unreal gone from one high emotional to a huge low.

RIP

Forever Green

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 19, 2012, 01:24:08 AM
Quote from: Forever Green on March 19, 2012, 12:56:21 AM

RIP Mr Kelly

God Bless

Unreal gone from one high emotional to a huge low.

RIP

Heartbreaking mate, really is

ardal

Incredibly sad, although I'd have to say I'd rather die watching my son succeed than other alternatives

muppet

I think this happened one of the 1960s Galway 3-in-a-row team. He found out afterwards that his Dad had died in the crowd during the match.

Edit: It was Michael Donnellan's Grandfather who died watching his son John play in Galway's 1964 win: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Donnellan
MWWSI 2017

clarshack

despite that late rally, neil lennon has failed miserably again as celtic manager. when did celtic last win a game that actually counted?

the tactics and discipline absolutely shocking  >:(

the likes of cha, ki and matthews should be punted in the summer.

Club Rossa

I think you're being a bit sore on Lennon.You ask when did Celtic last win a game that mattered.Every game is a must win at Celtic.Lennon has a fair record in derbies,won the cup last year and engineered a fantastic winning run that came to an end at Pittodrie.
Today wasn't Lennon's finest day to say the least and i agree with you about discipline but the title is on it's way with hopefully a Scottish cup as well.

charlieTully

Quote from: clarshack on March 25, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
despite that late rally, neil lennon has failed miserably again as celtic manager. when did celtic last win a game that actually counted?

the tactics and discipline absolutely shocking  >:(

the likes of cha, ki and matthews should be punted in the summer.
[/quote

15 point turnaround, 20 wins in a row, unfortunately have hit a wobble but thats life, cast your mind back to december, must win game at home to the huns, did celtic bottle that?  we started nervously and they took advantage bigtime, maybe wrong call starting ki and cha, but lennon has had a great season imo, the killie keeper had the game of his life last week. keep the faith lad,
on a side note big sammy was immense again today, player of the year. as for the discipline some of the decisions were just plain wrong, foul surely for 1st red but deserving of a red??? i dont think so, wanyama got the ball, that **** whitaker had the studs showing as well. any marginal calls went the huns way.

camanchero

wasnt too impressed when I saw the lineup Lennon had picked. three full backs, two of them out of position. OK hooper wasnt right , so that messed up the attack.
Still I think lennon was complacent with the team he sent out.
There was no way that the spl were going to allow Celtic to win that match yesterday and cause a riot with already frenzied rangers fans. the first red card was completely wrong and at that stage despite Celtic being on top, they had leeked a badly defended goal (that was well taken).

wanyama cannot complain about being sent off.
missed too many chances in the first half and if you dont take them you wont win - same as the prev week v killie.
Lennon improving as a manager but still learning. still makes mistakes a more seasoned man wouldnt.
Celtic need to get out of the spl irrespective of what happens the huns.

balladmaker

QuoteCeltic need to get out of the spl irrespective of what happens the huns.

Agree.  Should to put into the Championship for a season to see if they can get out of it and therefore worthy of premiership football.

Gazzler

I would have thought League 1 was more their level?