Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

Looks like the Sheedy/O Shea thing didn't work out for Offaly after all. For all the praise heaped on the Offaly County Board, that doesn't seem to have been very well managed......

Spiritof86

Johnny Kelly with Eamon O'Shea it looks like . Sheedy was never a runner appu.

Laois man

Any we still with nobody. 😭

High Fielder

We must be lining up something big...

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on August 16, 2022, 12:09:43 PM
The word coming from offaly County board.
never trust an offaly man.

portlaoisekid

Do we even need a manager? Cost effective and surely a win win for the CB?

High Fielder

They'll find the right man PK. Have faith

Jd

Heard its a former Tipp/Dublin hurler. Has been ringing players already

clonadmad

Quote from: Jd on August 24, 2022, 04:28:39 PM
Heard its a former Tipp/Dublin hurler. Has been ringing players already

if its Ryan O'Dwyer

i wouldn't blame them if they didn't answer the Call.

What has he done to warrant this appointment,

if its true.

Spiritof86

Heard that .It would be a  Disappointing appointment in my opinion . He's looking for assurances from certain players to commit also before he accepts anything.

Story circulating about Cheddar and his involvement with the offaly back-room set-up . Kelly keen to get him on board apparently  . Not sure how true this is but I doubt he is a man who won't be involved in hurling some way with some team  come next spring.

mcwregor

Ryan O Dwyer - please please NO!!

Laois Rising

He was with Down this year in some sort of coaching capacity- I don't know what else he had done/is doing but it's a fair leap from doing a couple of nights coaching with Down in division 2 as part of their backroom team to managing at division 1 intercounty level. Surely, you'd be looking for someone with a bit more of a proven record. You can't see players being overly enthusiastic to get involved. 

Spiritof86

Dictionary Derek back in the running for Laois job apparently.

Laois man

Wille Maher from tipp in line i hear he would be a good appointment. Was with tipp minors and U21s and trained C uala   in Dublin to a club All ireland

mcwregor

If be happy with willie maher or derek