Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

remotly qualified we have been down that route of qualified but the man thats over any team has to make his players tick at the minute ,courtwood port ballyroan o dempseys all have managers that are doing there job right,,i agree john is a stand out candidate all them managers of them respective teams should be interviewed,,john did win a div 4 bad league and got lucky to get to div 2 i also know he did a good job and if he wants it then no bother but i think there are lots of talented coachs and your gona see this with my own club not being so dominant

Zooming around

Quote from: Saint 1963 on September 09, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
You'd have to wonder what the hell CB officials are there to do! Four man review committee to look back on to the past and four more to look to the future!

Them boxes need ticking and no better buachailli than ours to engage in such exercises.

Blow-in

Quote from: town1980 on September 09, 2021, 03:12:12 PM
remotly qualified we have been down that route of qualified but the man thats over any team has to make his players tick at the minute ,courtwood port ballyroan o dempseys all have managers that are doing there job right,,i agree john is a stand out candidate all them managers of them respective teams should be interviewed,,john did win a div 4 bad league and got lucky to get to div 2 i also know he did a good job and if he wants it then no bother but i think there are lots of talented coachs and your gona see this with my own club not being so dominant

Can anyone translate this?

High Fielder

Quote from: town1980 on September 09, 2021, 03:12:12 PM

Unless they have something radical up their sleeve, no coach in Laois has achieved anything noteworthy, except perhaps Martin Murphy, who at least has managed more than one team to a Championship. He deserves first refusal but after that, it's Sugrue or nobody for me. It really is that simple. You have to differentiate between coaches who can improve teams and teams that improve coaches. There are very few of the former in Laois.

town1980

Read it and you will understand Batman,, high fielder I agree I love your posts but I do believe there's more than John

Laoiseabu

Sugrue took over us when we were in division 4 when we couldn't go any lower and brought us up to division 3 then got a bit of luck and snook us up to division 2 then left.
In those two years could someone honestly name ONE half decent team that we beat in div 3 and div 4 ? If John stayed and faced into division 2 with us he would of eventually encountered the very same problems as Quirke .
Sugrue might make us somewhat competitive in division 3 next year but he won't be performing any miracles I'm afraid.

High Fielder

I agree to an extent. I did think there was improvement though. The divisions that we seem to always get in the camp weren't as obvious either. But I agree with you Laoiseabu that we shouldn't be looking for a miracle maker. We've had years of being beaten up and we're mentally broken when pressure is applied. That's why I think this is a bit of a non issue. We need a root and branch style overhaul and preferably, in my opinion, the CB to f**k off with themselves. Things couldn't get any worse than they are right now

SCFC

Quote from: town1980 on September 02, 2021, 04:54:52 PM
this thread is for the senior championship 2021  keep it to it or start a new one

As you said yourself. Maybe try and keep this thread to the SFC?

SCFC

Winners Section:

Portarlington v Courtwood - Port by around 6 or 7 - they have a bench to see them through
Ballyroan Abbey v St Joseph's - Think Ballyroan Abbey will win by around 3. Some excellent young lads in their team.
O'Dempseys v Rosenallis - expect O'Dempseys experience to edge them through
Stradbally v Graiguecullen - Graigue have a nice young team and I think they might win this but wouldn't be surprised if we had extra time

Losers Section:

The Heath v Emo - Emo should bounce back although local derby might produce a big game from Heath
Arles-Killeen v Killeshin - Killeshin by 5 unless the Kingstons can produce an almighty performance
Portlaoise v Ballyfin - Surely Portlaoise but if they repeat the Courtwood performance, they will get punished
Clonaslee St Manmans v Ballylinan - Walsh and Farrell back should swing it to Ballylinan

town1980

portarlington ,,i think to win easy and bully there neighbours a great game for them to get back on track
joes ,,50/50 game joes to edge it
o dempseys to win handy
Graigue,, after a battle graigue second best in the county for me and good chance of a final appearance again
the heath,,  not a happy camp over there in emo players not taking it as serious as last year so the heath for me
killeshin,, too young for killeen and to win easy killeen i think favourites for relegation
Portlaoise ,,after a scare maybe a few changes im hearing happening also
Ballylinan ,,to scrape through against a solid Clonaslee outfit

i know i will be wrong on a few again

Laois Rising

I like the justifications for each of your predictions town1980. It is surprising to hear that the wind has been so badly taken out of Emo's sails for this year's championship. They had great momentum at the end of 2020 and it is a pity the championship was halted when it was for them. They have a number of good young players coming through as well. Perhaps its a case of playing out 2021 and re-setting again for 2022. Once they don't repeat their party trick of having a great year (2015 county finalists) to be embarrassingly relegated they year after (2016).

The PRO

Quote from: town1980 on September 14, 2021, 09:21:42 AM

Portlaoise ,,after a scare maybe a few changes im hearing happening also

Surely Ciaran McEvoy, Holland, Paddy Downey will all come in the next day? Flanagan too if fit.

town1980

definetly changes going to happen but kevin knows this himself