Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Transparency Batman. If that has been done, they should pack their bags.

Robbo

I heard 10 suspensions with multiple appeals.

Everything is on video.

But it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.....and how far you're willing to go to win your appeal....

High Fielder

I don't really care who got what, but I do want action taken and I do want consistency with previous decisions made. I also want bans to be effective immediately and not relying on some makey uppy rule to try and get your best players on the pitch. Our CB cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Ever. They need to prove otherwise. Laois GAA is not their plaything

Give and Go

Of course action is being taken. People have to be given fair process. If they are charged with an offence, they are entitled to a hearing. A decision is then made and the individual is entitled to an appeal. Whats the problem with that? I don't see why the County Board should be criticised at this point - they didn't cause the row and can only deal after the event with the referees report and the evidence available. It can't be trial by social media. A bit of reasonableness is needed.

High Fielder

Sounds like you know more than the rest of us. We're only looking for transparency here. These teams play tomorrow after all. The dithering will surely allow any guilty parties to play, which shouldn't happen. Or maybe that's the plan. Who knows. We have an anaemic local media so somebody has to question what the f**k is going on here. Might as well be us as anyone, but I welcome your contribution and am happy to debate the point. The whole thing stinks. Standard fare for this county unfortunately

And for what it's worth, I will never be reasonable where I perceive an injustice, an inconsistency or blatant disregard for fair play. I may be wrong but will happily admit to be if good evidence disproves my point. We haven't seen any evidence yet, but in previous similar situations, we knew everything. Remember too that a lot of us were there and know what we saw. No need to mention names

town1980

Again i think highfielder is right in everything he says no need to repeat

Give and Go

Quote from: High Fielder on October 02, 2021, 11:09:16 AM
Sounds like you know more than the rest of us. We're only looking for transparency here. These teams play tomorrow after all. The dithering will surely allow any guilty parties to play, which shouldn't happen. Or maybe that's the plan. Who knows. We have an anaemic local media so somebody has to question what the f**k is going on here. Might as well be us as anyone, but I welcome your contribution and am happy to debate the point. The whole thing stinks. Standard fare for this county unfortunately

And for what it's worth, I will never be reasonable where I perceive an injustice, an inconsistency or blatant disregard for fair play. I may be wrong but will happily admit to be if good evidence disproves my point. We haven't seen any evidence yet, but in previous similar situations, we knew everything. Remember too that a lot of us were there and know what we saw. No need to mention names

I know nothing! Have no idea what has been proposed as regards suspensions, fines or even expulsions..... I would agree that the process in GAA disciplinary hearings is drawn out for too long. The number of appeals is a concern. It either means individuals just will not accept the outcome or the process is flawed. IMO the process is flawed and needs an overhaul - in every county.

Toomanygaels

I agree with high fielder that those responsible should be punished but when do the County Board ever publish suspension in the media? The secretary of the clubs involved are notified of the proposed suspensions and they have 48 hours to appeal.

The only time suspensions are published to other clubs and individuals is in the minutes of County Board meetings ever month where the clubs delegates attend. All minutes or County Board meetings are circulated to Club secretary and delegates in advance.

High Fielder

Camross and Clonaslee could educate us here. Dangerous precedents being set. The CB will effectively neuter their disciplinary process IF they are inconsistent. And this is what happens when you try and protect individuals or teams.

Robbo

Quote from: High Fielder on October 02, 2021, 12:03:49 PM
Camross and Clonaslee could educate us here. Dangerous precedents being set. The CB will effectively neuter their disciplinary process IF they are inconsistent. And this is what happens when you try and protect individuals or teams.

But a couple of years ago a camross player got off. He injured a player, it was discussed everywhere and he got off on appeal.

There's plenty our co board do poorly. And I wish there was more transparency here.
But we shouldn't assume there has been a fuk-up yet....they've issued suspensions. Supporters are probably facing month/year bans and they have right to appeal.

Doubt any of the players will get off.

It'll all wash through soon.

High Fielder

The reason lads get off is because there is inconsistency. Lads come armed with videos and other evidence. Lads found guilty of openly fighting should be banned for the next game. The two week turnaround if anything should be a help here, but no it seems. We're in a proper state as a county because the CB trip themselves up at every turn. Still, it's nice to see one or two of their representatives and friends coming out to bat for them 😄.

clonadmad

Bit unfair to have a pop at the media when Laois Today have been barred for no apparent reason from CB meetings

High Fielder

The conversations going on here are far more reflective of the issues surrounding Laois GAA. To read and listen to our media is to assume that everything in the garden is rosy, which it isn't. I don't go to CB meetings either, but I know a circus when I see one

Robbo

Quote from: clonadmad on October 02, 2021, 09:07:37 PM

Bit unfair to have a pop at the media when Laois Today have been barred for no apparent reason from CB meetings

I agree.
Probably makes us County Board supporters though.

Clonaslee were the better team tonight IMHO. Missed too many chances. Coudtwood won't go a lot further but they're there on merit and I love the journey they're on.

Emo are just a bit meh.
But they're better meh than Rosenallis. Think  they've classy a corner-forward who will  slip under the radar for another year or so because of his lack of height.

Spiritof86

Clonaslee should have won last night . Will be kicking themselves today . Overall the better team and missed a host of opportunities . Can't fault the work ethic and heart of Courtwood . Best of luck to them . They are a very close knit set up . Interesting to see how they get on the next day .