The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: burdizzo on July 07, 2021, 08:49:14 PM
As expected. Our lads too small compared to Kildare.

Disappointing result last night. Full credit to Kildare but regardless an unacceptable result if we wish to see Laois hurling make any progress. I know COVID is a killer for likes of underage development squads and schools hurling which has been lacking past year and half. However Kildare and other counties have same issues. Have seem to made no progress despite high profile involvement.

The 20s as well next week will be interesting to see standard vs Kilkenny. Antrim rolled over after about 15 minutes and game was over. We're a bit light at that level but skill and work-rate seems to be decent. Time will tell.

Zooming around

Unbelievable. At u14 I'm fairly sure this team beat Limerick in the Tony Forristal. What the hell has happened in the meantime.

Laois man

Laois to beat Antrim tomorrow??

redsetanta

Very important game tomorrow.

I see there are some tickets available for the game. Anyone know how many people will be let in to it?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Zooming around

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bit more reaction to the minor result here. Fool me once etc ...

burdizzo

Didn't expect them to beat Kildare, and I don't think this group was seen as being especially good. A lot of them will be available next year again.

U20s tonight will be interesting. Hopefully!

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on July 13, 2021, 09:09:06 AM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a bit more reaction to the minor result here. Fool me once etc ...

No one cares

But Shur aren't we building for next year anyways

Same as every year

Laois man

Is U20 game on any TV channel tonight?

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2021, 12:13:36 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on July 13, 2021, 09:09:06 AM

No one cares

But Shur aren't we building for next year anyways

Same as every year

Not half enough accountability.

Giovanni

Did anyone get to see the u-20s last night? Sounds like they gave a strong account of themselves?

ottoman

Quote from: Giovanni on July 14, 2021, 08:52:33 AM
Did anyone get to see the u-20s last night? Sounds like they gave a strong account of themselves?

My brother in-law was at it (a Kilkenny man) and was telling me it was an interesting one. He has seen a few encounters down through the years where a Laois underage side came close to taking a scalp off them but this was the only time he remembers a Laois team actually having the better technical players between the 2 sides. Big turning point was in the 4th quarter just after the water break Laois hit a glorious goal chance straight at the keeper which would have put them back 1 up and Kilkenny responded with 3 quick fire points.

I wouldn't know much about this team, but is there many of them underage for next year? I assume there is a decent crop coming up behind which have come from last years good u17 team (even though they didn't go well last year)

Spiritof1915

From starting line up
Lorcan fitz
Alan Connolly
Thep Fitzpatrick
Georoid Lynch
CiarĂ¡n Byrne
Mark Hennessy are overage. Was at that game and i tell you kilkenny were lucky to win that game. Kilkenny couldnt believe how strong, skillful and physical the laois boys were. The trick now is to blend some of those players into the senior set up. If so the future will be exciting

Giovanni

Great to hear it. Hopefully these lads can keep it going.

redsetanta

Beaten by KK by 14 points in the minor round robin in 2018.

Good to see that we've improved through the age groups which is a good sign.

U'20 grade is far more important for transition to senior.

Pity they couldn't get the win. It would have been a mighty boost for hurling.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi