Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 22, 2018, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: restorepride on April 22, 2018, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 22, 2018, 04:04:10 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 22, 2018, 03:21:11 PM
i see harte has kicked off a shitstorm on social media after leading the anti abortion campaign in the name of the gaa. the man just cant help himself. and it only 4 weeks to a huge first round championship game.

The group said it "respects and cherishes women." There wasn't much respect for this woman.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/womans-fury-as-sex-attacker-given-reference-by-gaa-boss-harte-is-jailed-for-twoandahalf-years-29102469.html

Ffs you love posting this story. As a teacher I'm asked to provide references quite often. And on a number of occasions this has been for ex students who find themselves in court. Am I supposed to find out the details of the court case, decide whether the person is guilty or not and decide if I will write the reference? Or do I write the reference honestly based on my experiences of the person?
Yes of course - I think I'd have a good look at the details of the crime first. The victim of that horrific attack was very distraught about the reference. Unbelievable you would give a reference to someone convicted of a crime and not find out what the crime was.
You are 100% correct. Any teacher would be duty bound to check detail first and get advice.
Is that the reason you are a rimmer Benny? Maybe Mickey got you a teaching job in one of his Catholic schools.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?
That was never a square ball!!

GaelTheGael

Any word of players going well at club level that Harte could be looking at?
Hearing good reports about Conn Kilpatrick of Edendork. and Johnny Harkin of Tattyreagh.

bigtogs

Quote from: GaelTheGael on April 23, 2018, 12:32:09 PM
Hearing good reports about Conn Kilpatrick of Edendork. and Johnny Harkin of Tattyreagh.

In our four games best 2 players I have seen was Connor Gormley and Darren McCurry. 

WT4E

I really wish Mickey wouldn't do these things - Tyrone get a bad rep every way we turn these days and it feeds into the national stereotype that we're w@nkers! :(

Hes entitled to his personal belief but to organise something as cynical as this in a referendum he doesn't even have a vote in (I wish we had) is poxy!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on April 23, 2018, 01:49:02 PM
I really wish Mickey wouldn't do these things - Tyrone get a bad rep every way we turn these days and it feeds into the national stereotype that we're w@nkers! :(

Hes entitled to his personal belief but to organise something as cynical as this in a referendum he doesn't even have a vote in (I wish we had) is poxy!

He's out of order badly here no harm.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 23, 2018, 01:49:02 PM

He's out of order badly here no harm.

Also be interesting to see if any of the journalists he allows to interview him get to ask him tough questions about the event... or will it still be just 'so the seasons going well mickey' sh1t as usual!

southtyronegael

I think Il wear my Tyrone jersey to the next pro choice rally. Just to show we aren't all religious zealots. #tyrone4choice.

skeog

Mickey attended in a private capacity as he is entitled to do.

southtyronegael

Quote from: skeog on April 23, 2018, 02:44:58 PM
Mickey attended in a private capacity as he is entitled to do.
no he didn't.'gaa athletes for a no vote' is what the group called itself. Big difference using the gaa name rather than your own.

Tyrone Gaa

Mickey is bang out of Order.  Everyone knows his personal beliefs, he doesn't get a vote but abuses his position within the GAA to echo his opinion.  He might of even give RTE an interview to express his views if he felt that strongly on the matter.  When is this vote hopefully its before the championship 1st round or he will have our players out wearing Vote No during the warm up before the game. 

It personally doesn't effect me so I haven't been following the debate. 
Living the dream!!!

rrhf

Quote from: bigtogs on April 23, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

In our four games best 2 players I have seen was Connor Gormley and Darren McCurry.
Gormley is some warrior, he is an example for any county and club player to follow. Proper legend.

bigtogs

Quote from: rrhf on April 23, 2018, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on April 23, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Gormley is some warrior, he is an example for any county and club player to follow. Proper legend.

Can't disagree with that not sure on his is age must be 36/37 has been unlucky with his club in the last 10 years or so...

rrhf

He's just bringing in the next generation now.

Thebigdog

Quite incredible to read in the Cavan Monaghan newspaper the Northern Standard that Mickey Harte made an unauthorized entry to a gaa club in Cavan just last week. Cootehill Celtic GAA were left fuming when Harte and another person(s) unknown obtained a key to the club grounds and proceeded to make a video on abortion to put on YouTube. The club's officials quickly disassociated the club from this. Harte surely has to be brought to book by the GAA authorities and not least the Tyrone county board. An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to this great and proud county!!

trileacman

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 23, 2018, 09:45:47 PM
Quite incredible to read in the Cavan Monaghan newspaper the Northern Standard that Mickey Harte made an unauthorized entry to a gaa club in Cavan just last week. Cootehill Celtic GAA were left fuming when Harte and another person(s) unknown obtained a key to the club grounds and proceeded to make a video on abortion to put on YouTube. The club's officials quickly disassociated the club from this. Harte surely has to be brought to book by the GAA authorities and not least the Tyrone county board. An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to this great and proud county!!

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014