Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 03:05:01 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 06, 2017, 02:17:49 PM
Anyway, on another note.

Do people think we've been getting a lot of silly black cards this year in the league?
How many did Sludden get? He looked like he was playing great stuff in the Dublin game but then after that he got injured and I don't think he played a full game after that?
Is it the way they're tackling or what?
Players depression manifests' itself on the pitch by poor discipline ie black cards and red cards. How depressing! Harte out.

Talk me through how player depression and poor discipline was the reason for Sluddens black card v Mayo?
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 02:22:28 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 06, 2017, 01:42:41 PM
You spout some shite, listen to fans in other counties, look at Petey's scoring return and say he wouldn't make their team? Bullshit. You say Petey plays a slow laborious game? Total horse shit! He's ones of our fasted moving playersm always is moving the ball at pace or going for ball in places you wouldn't put your boot. He's been that way since I first saw him at 16 years of age. I've said it before and I'll say it again; your analysis of Tyrone at the minute is clearly jaundiced by a personal issue and your lack of alternative ideas and pure dung lies (e.g. Plunket Kane story) shows you up for a total tube. 
2 points 3 points ur a f**king idiot if that's all you have on me. Your talking Peter Harte up like he's running through defences for fun! Who's talking horseshit I wonder? Lol. Also I would care to wonder who is the person with the multiple accounts? The word "tube" is been used a lot. That word Gerry Adams called someone last week! Can you not use some other term instead of copying someone else you two brain celled sheep!baa baa baa

The Kane example is one of a number of your rants. Another being Coney, he was given many opportunities and never took them to the level we all had hoped for. There were clearly disciplinary issues of some description towards the end of his time that meant he was given the chop. Obviously, we're not privy to all the details.

Are you seriously telling me that Peter Harte is not one of the top players in the country? Yes he was given lots of time to find his place but let's not forget this opportunity was afforded to many others. For example, Mickey was nearly lynched for his perseverance with Colly Cavanagh and he was rewarded with Colly developing into one of our most important and consistent players. Ronan O'Neill and Cathal McShane are other examples (albeit to a lesser degree) where Mickey has shown them the faith to find their form. Now, IMO, these haven't worked out as well but someone like you use any extremely biased approach to flag up McCrory and Petey to lambast Mickey as an Errigal focused manager. Using that logic he's biased towards the Moy, Omagh SEs and Owen Roes, too.

I, too, am starting to get fed up with our brand of football and the end of the league has dampened my expectations big time going into the summer. However, to fellas like you, Mickey can do no right. Showing faith to players is something managers have to do and, unfortunately, this results in others not be afforded the same opportunity. Some work and some don't and that fact has to be expected and judged objectively.

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 06, 2017, 02:17:49 PM
Anyway, on another note.

Do people think we've been getting a lot of silly black cards this year in the league?
How many did Sludden get? He looked like he was playing great stuff in the Dublin game but then after that he got injured and I don't think he played a full game after that?
Is it the way they're tackling or what?

Sludden got two black cards, one v Mayo and one v Kerry. The Mayo one wasn't even a foul never mind a black card and was mentioned by newstalk and Wooly Parkinson as a scandalous decision. I didn't see the Kerry one but the guys on radio Kerry were up in arms over it, maybe someone who was in Kilarney can fill in with more detail?

nrico2006

Peter Harte is arguably our best player ffs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tothetop03

i think the Ridiculing of Harte should ease off... i not a fan...but the man should be given the rest of the championship and i will judge were we are then...he overseen 3 All Ireland wins... I watched Tyrone 70's 80's and 90's and i thought i would never 1 great day in september never mind 3.....so for the time being dont forget the memories and go easier on the present....

Club boi

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 06, 2017, 05:41:01 PM
i think the Ridiculing of Harte should ease off... i not a fan...but the man should be given the rest of the championship and i will judge were we are then...he overseen 3 All Ireland wins... I watched Tyrone 70's 80's and 90's and i thought i would never 1 great day in september never mind 3.....so for the time being dont forget the memories and go easier on the present....

I agree. Less of the personal attack. I don't like the way Tyrone play and am forever complaining about the system they set out but Harte has brought 3 AI to Tyrone. However I do agree it's time he went as I do believe he has taken them as far as he can and has overstayed his welcome. I know a lot of folks this year who haven't renewed their season ticket because they cannot bare to watch the poor football on show

rrhf

I for one would love to see paddy Tally join the back room team for the pre championship. That almost certainly won't happen, but I think it would freshen the whole thing up, and we need it.

longballin

would have been hard not to win an All Ireland with those players

southtyronegael

Quote from: rrhf on April 06, 2017, 06:50:07 PM
I for one would love to see paddy Tally join the back room team for the pre championship. That almost certainly won't happen, but I think it would freshen the whole thing up, and we need it.
sure we already had paddy tally on the backroom team but mickey had to get rid of him. bring him back surely as manager and get rid of harte and devlin and them clingers on in the 'backroom team'

delgany

There a few of the backroom staff who Defo never kicked a ball in their lives.... complete donkeys....but we'll related to the  man with the man wallet who signs the chits

teaminamillion

If people think Mickey Harte will walk out of garvaghy on nice terms well they are a fool. Email gate, the demand for a new 2 year contract, this will be nasty make no mistake about it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 11:34:56 PM
If people think Mickey Harte will walk out of garvaghy on nice terms well they are a fool. Email gate, the demand for a new 2 year contract, this will be nasty make no mistake about it.

So are you calling Ronan McNamee a liar or a pawn?

teaminamillion

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 07, 2017, 12:15:50 AM
Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 11:34:56 PM

So are you calling Ronan McNamee a liar or a pawn?
that's news to me! It was Ronan McNamee sent it? All I seen of McNamee was him talking in the Irish news about he'd rather go to Spain and do drills than do it at Garvaghy. However things weren't too bad! The person who sent the email gave roisin Jordan special reference. Why her? A player wouldn't have a problem with a specific person on the board? Why not the whole board in general? Very odd indeed.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: longballin on April 06, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

Not sure many other men than Mickey Harte would have got Tyrone across the line. There was a great team in the mid-90"s too, no Sam Maguire then.

teaminamillion

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 07, 2017, 06:51:35 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 06, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

Not sure many other men than Mickey Harte would have got Tyrone across the line. There was a great team in the mid-90"s too, no Sam Maguire then.

lets just cast our minds back too 2001 and 2002, the years prior to Mickey Harte getting the Tyrone job. In 2001 Tyrone were playing great football with a young eoin mulligan kicking a big score v the dubs in Parnell park while on course to winning a very first national title and then bang they were put out of the competition because of the foot and mouth crisis. Unreal! Of course they went on to win Ulster and beat Armagh on the way. Having played Derry and beating them already in the Ulster semi final they had too play them again in the All Ireland quarter final which was a bit sickening to say the least and were subsequently defeated by a fired up Derry team. 2002 they won the league for the first time(well done Art/Eugene) playing class football. The Sligo match was a case of taking their eye off the ball. It was right and proper Mickey Harte was afforded the chance to take Tyrone in 2003, but no mistake about it Tyrone were gonna win an All Ireland that year for it didn't matter who was gonna be there!! Mickey stated later on their was not much tactics went into Tyrone, he just trusted the players to go out and do their stuff. Lets not get too carried about the manager please. Tyrone in the 1990s did NOT have a great team. Certainly they had one unbelievable footballer who done the job of a black taxi alright!

square_ball

So a team embarrassed in the 4th round of the qualifiers by Sligo were certainly for the all Ireland the following year? Total bullshit and I'd say you know that yourself.