Documentaries

Started by 5 Sams, July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

This shows, what we in the north have known for many years, that you can't trust the British Government. Something the south has found out this week regarding the Brexit withdrawal treaty. But some here will find a way to blame Sinn Fein for all of it.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

armaghniac

I mind the night of the Silverbridge and Cross bombings well, my Da was driving from Newry where I had been at an event at the Abbey, a prizegiving or some such. The ambulance went flying past around Lislea and we then arrived to the chaos in Silverbridge and then Cross.
Those days are well left behind us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 16, 2020, 11:16:25 PM
This shows, what we in the north have known for many years, that you can't trust the British Government. Something the south has found out this week regarding the Brexit withdrawal treaty. But some here will find a way to blame Sinn Fein for all of it.
It's possible to recognise that the north was and to an extent still remains a cold house for Catholics, that the RUC and the British Army engaged in appalling acts, that British governments were and currently are untrustworthy, to recognise why people would have felt the desire to join the IRA, and to recognise that the IRA also committed appalling acts

It's not an either/or

bannside

Excellent documentary. This collision went right to the top and fair play to all those who took the fight for information from the start (Frs Faul and Murray amongst them) and those who took the project even further down the road of highlighting state orchestrated bloodshed. Hopefully the families will have their day but I wouldnt bet on it happening any time soon.

macdanger2

Tbh, most people in the South wouldn't be aware of half the sh*t that went on, it's unbelievable stuff

Windmill abu

Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2020, 11:23:41 PM
It's possible to recognise that the north was and to an extent still remains a cold house for Catholics, that the RUC and the British Army engaged in appalling acts, that British governments were and currently are untrustworthy, to recognise why people would have felt the desire to join the IRA, and to recognise that the IRA also committed appalling acts

It's not an either/or

Who else was there to defend the catholics in the north if not the I.R.A.?

Sinn Fein have recognised that the I.R.A. carried out some unacceptable acts during the troubles and have apologised for them. So why are S.F. not acceptable in the republics Government.

Milltown Row2

If we can leave the politics of of it, which this documentary has shown, this is down To blind sectarian hatred, and the allowance of that particular policing, UDR and army handling of those sectarian murdering gangs .

120 plus people died, 38 people involved in those murders. Hatred/sectarianism is a terrible thing.

That woman who had to go to Belfast and point out her husband's murderer made my heart sink.

The handlers of these agents ran without fear of consequence, they must be brought to justice as much as the gang itself. 

Not forgetting the kingsmill massacre which may have been avoided and subsequent retaliation murders on both sides that continued.

I doubt very much I'd have stayed on had the initial ceasefire not been called.

For me Bono actually said one of the bests things, without truth how can you get reconciliation, or words to that affect
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 16, 2020, 11:33:17 PM

It's not an either/or

Sinn Fein have recognised that the I.R.A. carried out some unacceptable acts during the troubles and have apologised for them. So why are S.F. not acceptable in the republics Government.
Nobody - but the IRA committed many appalling acts which cannot be defended and which caused as much hurt to the families of the victims as the appalling acts of the Brits did to the families of their victims

Windmill abu

Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2020, 11:42:19 PM

It's not an either/or

Nobody - but the IRA committed many appalling acts which cannot be defended and which caused as much hurt to the families of the victims as the appalling acts of the Brits did to the families of their victims

You ignorant tool. Were the murders of catholics which the British government, the British military, the RUC and the UDR colluded with loyalist terrorists not appalling?

sid waddell

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 16, 2020, 11:49:57 PM

It's not an either/or

You ignorant tool. Were the murders of catholics which the British government, the British military, the RUC and the UDR colluded with loyalist terrorists not appalling?
I'm sorry?

Have you had a grammatical brain fart?

general_lee

It's disappointing that this documentary and the victims involved can't be discussed without the IRA being thrown in for good measure

Windmill abu

Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 12:07:55 AM

It's not an either/or

I'm sorry?

I don't know what a grammatical brain fart is. The grammar in my previous post seems ok to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

I don't even understand what " I'm sorry? " means. Are you sorry or not?

sid waddell

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 17, 2020, 12:17:18 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 12:07:55 AM

It's not an either/or

I'm sorry?

I don't know what a grammatical brain fart is. The grammar in my previous post seems ok to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

I don't even understand what " I'm sorry? " means. Are you sorry or not?
A hyphen makes all the difference

Windmill abu

So how is "I'm sorry?" a question?

gallsman

It's not an either/or

Read his post again ffs and stop flying off the handle.