Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2021, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on May 28, 2021, 11:43:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2021, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on May 28, 2021, 11:27:57 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2021, 03:25:35 PM
Quote from: groundlie on May 27, 2021, 01:39:24 PM
I must say what is Gleeson playing at? Keeping back county players who get no minutes at all away from playing for their clubs. Disgrace.

There is no relegation or promotion this year, we have been blessed that the clubs are up and running, speaking to managers and coaches these past few weeks its been great to hear they are playing players that wouldn't normally be in their top 15 and allows them to have a look at possible first 15 players or options off the bench.

If  a player is feeling he's missing out he should really opt out off the panel and concentrate on his clubs non promotion winning or relegation games.

I thought id read that there was promotion as long as over 70% of the games in the league were completed? might have read it wrong but thought that there was promotion but no relegation

Have you a link to that? I was told start of season that there was no promotion relegation, I could be wrong, heard a manager roaring at his players about promotion at half time. Who knows

Havent a link but il see if ive a way of attaching a screenshot, was on the final league draft, def said winners promoted, no relegation and it was subject to % of games completed.

So if winners are promoted will the leagues the following year have extra teams or has it been fixed that the leagues this year allow just promotion?  Confused

Yeah by the looks of things it'll be an extra team up a division next year, I think its fair enough. there's teams who may have been relegated the year before last and want to try bounce back etc I think 2 seasons without promotion is too much but obviously to get the leagues played teams have to play without county players so its fair enough no relegation, prob not ideal but I think its a fair enough solution. probably should have done 2 up just to even the numbers but it is what it is.

Tormund

Antrim v down on ulster gaa facebook page, a chance to look at some squad players

ciaran1988

How's tickets working for Saturdays game vs Wexford? Can't imagine them going on general sale with only 500 allowed in

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 02, 2021, 12:33:02 PM
How's tickets working for Saturdays game vs Wexford? Can't imagine them going on general sale with only 500 allowed in

100 are going to player's and Antrim admin etc, 400 going out to clubs. My club doesn't know how many there gonna get as off yet. You better to contact your secretary and put your name down.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tormund

Lee Chin named on the bench for wexford, hopefully he stays on the bench

Havent seen the antrim team yet, read in the irish news that bradley and mccann are out with johnston and eoin oneill coming in

imtommygunn

Wexford have been poor enough until chin comes on and he seems to raise them a level. Big , but not Impossible, challenge for us. Unfortunately I won't get to see it. Come on Antrim!

BrendanAntrim

For the majority that won't get to see it live in person, our game is live on TG4

Tormund

Wexford have been taking a lot of stick the last week, id say they'll be up for it. But Chin not starting is a good plus for us. And most of our players have had 2 weeks off and should be right up for it aswell, will be tough but if we play our best we could do it. C'mon the saffs!

imtommygunn

Not looking good. Again we have no idea what to do against a sweeper.

Baile an tuaigh

Wexford much more slicker moving faster. Antrim playing long diagnol ball into a corner where its one vs two madness.

Baile an tuaigh

Playing much better now their settling James McNaughton outstanding.

Baile an tuaigh

Antrim playing really well after an awful start. What was the free in for after that brilliant tackle by our number 4? Wee Davey animated on the sideline as usal.

imtommygunn

I think probably too big an ask to win this but playing pretty well now. Still a wee bit of learning required at this level I think but definitely doing well too.

Tormund

The ref is shocking, giving us nothing

Baile an tuaigh

Lee Chin has been blocked and hooked twice that will take away a players confidance.