Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Well a few of  them only see each other in training and not in school.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: square_ball on February 12, 2023, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 02:55:23 PM
Did Devlin from Ardboe move from the Academy to Holy Trinity? Is that Horse Devlin's son?

Yeah that's him. He done his 7 years at the academy before going to HTC. He's been poor today. Looks to be carrying an injury in fairness.

Omagh by far and away the better side. Score line nearly flatters HTC.

Is he repeating or what? What would be the incentive to go there and not on to uni. Surely not financial.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2023, 03:18:22 PM
How on earth did that Holy Trinity team even make the final? Was the standard that bad among all the other teams they played?

Well Maghera coaching is awful and has been this long time so that's probably the reason they won the quarter final.

Wildweasel74

Simply put, no old secondary year 8,(yr15) should be eligible to play MacCrory Cup, the age grouping should be back to 18& half.

Estimator

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 03:31:09 PM
How on earth did that Holy Trinity team even make the final? Was the standard that bad among all the other teams they played?

Well Maghera coaching is awful and has been this long time so that's probably the reason they won the quarter final.

If 4 MacRory titles out of 5 final appearances in the last 10/12 years or so is awful coaching I'd hate to see them with good coaching.
Ulster League Champions 2009

WT4E

What was the chant the CBS ultras where chanting at Ruairi McHugh

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Estimator on February 12, 2023, 05:04:46 PM

If 4 MacRory titles out of 5 final appearances in the last 10/12 years or so is awful coaching I'd hate to see them with good coaching.

Maybe we have different expectations Estimator!

skeog

Ruairi mc Hugh seemed to play on one leg for most of game.Wouldnt have mattered CBS the better team by a good bit.

PMG1

Great crowd at the game, Omagh were superbly drilled and tackling was first class. Trinity were much more physical but didn't seem to gel, Omagh definitely the better team. Fair play. Omagh have underachieved recently but great to see them back at the top of the pile

Link

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 12, 2023, 05:36:08 PM

Having watched the quarter final, I don't think that's true. Maghera were very unlucky not to win it. Young lads are unpredictable.
Walter is 100%. Maghera had too many passengers and players who werent comfortable on the ball compared to that omagh team today especially in defence.

They've a manager who doesn't attend club games so can't have a clue whats going on and spent most of the QF shouting and arguing with opposition mgmt.

Limited subs made yet there were lads cramping all over the place.

Maghera's raw talent, especially those glen and slaughtneil lads who have came through, got them over the line.

ONeill

Hope HTC are on half term this week. Wee crabbit Pete would go through them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2023, 07:30:57 PM
Hope HTC are on half term this week. Wee crabbit Pete would go through them.

Sure are most of them not on the building site tomorrow
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

giveherlong

That was a pish poor effort from Cookstown. A  year wasted for the 8th years

thebuzz

What I saw of it they had plenty of possession but they did nothing with it. There were so many times they got into the Omagh half only to be easily dispossessed. They weren't even kicking wides most of the time. Never saw so many unforced errors.

WT4E

It really did look like a wel gelled team against good lads that werent a unit.

E.g.
Ardboe lads seemed to only pass to ardboe lads