Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 08:24:48 AM
Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

Were you not picked for your school team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2023, 08:42:42 AM
Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

Were you not picked for your school team?

Never even picked for 5 a side  ;D

general_lee

I get this. a relative of didn't make McRory, didn't make one single school team in fact but fast forward 4/5 years later was on the fringes of the  senior county team and only for studying and traveling abroad probably would have made it at inter county level. I'd say there was probably only a handful of players from my years McRory team that was still playing club football at senior level 10 years on. That said I do enjoy the latter stages of the competition and keep an eye out for results.

Wildweasel74

Tony Scullion dudnt stand out at school fball, look where he ended up, where D Barton stood out a mile at the vocational school level for St Pius. I dudnt really think Tohill stood out at school fball, (Did for Derry Minors) D McNicholl and J McCartan were always the stand out players at MacCrory Cup level. Still can't understand how the age limit is 19, who is still at school at that age? Outside of repeats.

WT4E

Can u pay at the f**king gate today

bigfrank

Quote from: WT4E on February 12, 2023, 12:48:10 PM
Can u pay at the f**king gate today

You could at the semi final #cashisking

Walter Cronc

If Holy Trinity have lads who are brought in a day or two a week I hope Omagh wipe the floor with them!

clarshack

Holy Trinity have been shockingly poor.
Doesn't look like they've any decent forwards.

omagh_gael

Loughmacrory lads playing well 😎

Walter Cronc

Did Devlin from Ardboe move from the Academy to Holy Trinity? Is that Horse Devlin's son?

Wildweasel74

Actually 1 day a week by reports.

Wildweasel74

I played with a few of their fathers on this holy trinty team, and most of my friends/brother went there, but find it hard to get behind them with what is to me, management pulling a quick one on the status of some players.

clarshack

How on earth did that Holy Trinity team even make the final? Was the standard that bad among all the other teams they played?

square_ball

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 02:55:23 PM
Did Devlin from Ardboe move from the Academy to Holy Trinity? Is that Horse Devlin's son?

Yeah that's him. He done his 7 years at the academy before going to HTC. He's been poor today. Looks to be carrying an injury in fairness.

Omagh by far and away the better side. Score line nearly flatters HTC.

GiveItToTheShooters

Good to see the cookstown team of ringers getting a hammering. Justice done in the end. Fair play Omagh