Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 04, 2018, 02:21:40 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 03, 2018, 09:22:39 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 31, 2018, 09:56:17 AM
Five clubs In one town tells me there are some argumentative hoors in Lurgan! ;)

St Enda's, Killyclogher, Drumragh, T****reagh from a much smaller town?
'ccording to the last census, Lurgan has just over 25k while Omagh is just under 20k. Certainly a difference, but I wouldn't say "much" smaller.

St. Enda's is effectively the "town" club and straddles the Drumragh and Cappagh parishes. Killyclogher is effectively a suburb of Omagh these days within the Cappagh parish. Drumragh's heartland has always been in Clanabogan/Tattysallagh but their time of being based at St. Pat's Park in the town helped drag a fair few "townies" in with them. T****reagh lies more in just being on the southern edge of Drumragh parish, Fintona's their nearest club while Eskra, Drumragh & Killyclogher's grounds would also be nearer them than St. Pat's Park or Healy Park. Those with long memories might also remember Mountfield which lies in Cappagh.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Park, I always presumed that the Drumragh/Cappagh boundary was bound by the Strule & Drumragh rivers, but if this was the case StPP would lie in Cappagh while AFAIK the land on which St. Patrick's Park lies on is owned by the Catholic Parish of Drumragh while Healy Park I'm 95% certain lies in Cappagh. Anyone know for sure?

Lurgan has 50% Protestant and then from that take the female wildebeast out of that too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 03, 2018, 09:30:05 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 03, 2018, 05:58:48 PM
Taking only the senior team over the last 3/4 years of their recent successes built on the underage teams over the previous 6/8 years. So, the former Tattyreagh players don't count?  The Killyclogher residents don't count?  Drumragh parishioners don't count?

What players from the heart of Tattyreagh play for Omagh Seniors? Killyclogher and Omagh town have effectively merged and family ties are more important as to where players play when considering those two. Are St Endas, Drumragh and Tattyreagh not all in Drumragh parish so I don't get the Drumragh parishioners reference? I have a full list of all club transfers in Tyrone over the last number of years, I wouldn't class any of the transfers between any of the clubs as particularly controversial.

Hugh Gallagher, who has captained the team to the Tyrone SFC, and his brothers moved to Omagh from Tattyreagh and that would have been thought to be an interesting move by such quality players.

St Enda's is in Cappagh parish as is Killyclogher.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 05, 2018, 01:18:12 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on April 03, 2018, 09:30:05 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 03, 2018, 05:58:48 PM
Taking only the senior team over the last 3/4 years of their recent successes built on the underage teams over the previous 6/8 years. So, the former Tattyreagh players don't count?  The Killyclogher residents don't count?  Drumragh parishioners don't count?

What players from the heart of Tattyreagh play for Omagh Seniors? Killyclogher and Omagh town have effectively merged and family ties are more important as to where players play when considering those two. Are St Endas, Drumragh and Tattyreagh not all in Drumragh parish so I don't get the Drumragh parishioners reference? I have a full list of all club transfers in Tyrone over the last number of years, I wouldn't class any of the transfers between any of the clubs as particularly controversial.

Hugh Gallagher, who has captained the team to the Tyrone SFC, and his brothers moved to Omagh from Tattyreagh and that would have been thought to be an interesting move by such quality players.

St Enda's is in Cappagh parish as is Killyclogher.

St Enda's pitch is in Cappagh parish but they are a Drumragh parish club. Are you seriously suggesting that people who live in Drumragh Parish shouldn't be playing for Omagh?

We will have to agree to disagree.

general_lee

Locals always tend to say Lurgan is 50/50 because unionists act like they still own it but reality is the majority of development in the town over the last 20 years has been in the nationalist north end of town. Very much a commuter town to Belfast and plenty of people (all seemingly fenian) with no ties to the town setting up camp due to affordable housing and commuting distance to the city

Anywho, all the best to St Ronans tomorrow in the Hogan final tomorrow!

PMG1

Is there coverage of today's two All Ireland school finals on anywhere?

WT4E

Quote from: PMG1 on April 07, 2018, 01:33:20 PM
Is there coverage of today's two All Ireland school finals on anywhere?

Cookstown match on TG4.ie I think and the other game is on TG4 TV

Captain Obvious

Cookstown strolling this game so far and should be further ahead two goals missed.

Dire Ear

Dire Ear

Owen Brannigan

Well done Holy Trinity.  Played a great kicking game.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
Well done Holy Trinity.  Played a great kicking game.
Great defensive game also even when 15 points ahead at one stage they didn't want to give Nathys any time or room on the ball.

Cunny Funt

10 mins in this game is looking like a more competitive final than the last one.

balladmaker

St. Ronan's are the stronger looking team so far.