Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 31, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
Academy match moved to Sunday in Eglish at 2.

Further postponed I hear.

Orior

St Pats Maghera beat St Mary's Magherafelt this evening in the Macrory
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Any craic

Video: See tonight's goals as St Pats Maghera beat St Mary's in the Danske Bank MacRory Cup before 1500 at Owenbeg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2DdHctIGI

Rawhide

Very easy win for St Pat's last night against St Marys Magherafelt.  They played a lot of good football and also played as a team. That game will bring them on a lot for the quarter.
cccc is a true supporter lol

elk

Quote from: Rawhide on February 06, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
Very easy win for St Pat's last night against St Marys Magherafelt.  They played a lot of good football and also played as a team. That game will bring them on a lot for the quarter.
Alot tougher assignment against Mccartans in the 1/4 finals. Promises to be a great match up and game which I fancy Mccartans just to edge, overall winners could come from this tie. Either way one off the favourites will be going out, good news for all the remaining teams.

orangeman

Who are favourites now ?

Any craic

The Academy beat St Pats Armagh this afternoon in Cookstown, tho the highlight was this goal by All Star Conor McKenna for Armagh -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcqXI-mya2w

Any craic

Some game last night.. St Colman's 2-17 St Ciaran's Ballygawley 4-9.. see all the goals and reaction here
http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org

elk

Must have been a great game to watch - all attack no defence? Haughey may have been in the Down minor panel last year put I don't remember him starting any games, he certainly seems to be on fire at the moment.

naka

Abbey/ dungannon match now on tomorrow night
Close one to call but think abbey might squeeze through.

naka

As I said close game which was a credit to colleges football
Game ended all square 2-13 each
Abbey looked dead and buried with 4 mins left but pulled a goal and a point against wind to equalise .
The dungannon firstgoal was a top class  effort from a Rory mc gloane( I think)
Classy player .
Poor conditions but two strong teams

haranguerer

Great goal, but what exactly is the craic with steps these days? Are you allowed as many as you want if you're about to pull the trigger?

naka

Fair comment but in real time it looked great

haranguerer

I can imagine, and I'd have been as pissed off as anyone else if the ref had blew...but with all the talk about enforcing rules, it's one that seems to be just left to any refs interpretation. Like if you were strolling out of defence with no one round you, you'd be blown for 4 and a half steps, but when you're going by men or bearing down on goal, you'll get away with 8. It's just strange

SkillfulBill

The refing in that game was seriously suspect. The Abbey can without doubt thank Higgins for keeping them in the competition. In the closing mins he allowed a 14 yard free to be retaken after been missed. Academy 4 pts up with 2 mins left on clock Academy played a long ball into Fintan McClure at fullforward. McClure was out in front and was clearly pushed in the back. Ref gives a free out for touching ball on ground not even the most partisan in the ground could understand it. Had the decision been made fairly Academy would have pointed and been 5 up game over. Instead ball goes down the other end goal. Ref calls 3 mins extra time. Abbey equalises in the 4 min of extra time. I dont often comment on ref'ing but i did find that display very questionable.It's not up to the man in the middle to have such an impact on the result.