Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 20, 2013, 08:02:30 PM
It doesn't make sense for any school to give a point just for coaching one team. The board of governors must have been snoozing when that was passed. In most schools you would only get 2pts for a HoD or HoY job, which would be a lot more hassle in comparison with taking a few training sessions!

Some schools (certainly my old school) had one teacher looking after all the hurling teams, and another teacher looking after the football teams. My school was a small secondary school so we had one team per year (maybe not, can't remember). I'd say though in the bigger schools (according to ones here) that it's not the case, and the organiser is the only one who gets a point.

In the big rugby schools and even in smaller ones they have non teaching staff paid very well to coach the rugby, and hockey teams.

Have found it strange why all the teachers who have posted on this topic be so against someone getting a few pound extra (not like kids are losing out on teaching because of it) to manage and coach teams.

I've first hand knowledge of teachers getting at least a half point for this
I wouldn't be against  it at all. If the school have the budget and are willing to give a teacher(s) points or half points for taking  extra curricular activities then fair play!  I don't know any teacher that would turn it down.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Estimator on October 20, 2013, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 20, 2013, 08:02:30 PM
It doesn't make sense for any school to give a point just for coaching one team. The board of governors must have been snoozing when that was passed. In most schools you would only get 2pts for a HoD or HoY job, which would be a lot more hassle in comparison with taking a few training sessions!

Some schools (certainly my old school) had one teacher looking after all the hurling teams, and another teacher looking after the football teams. My school was a small secondary school so we had one team per year (maybe not, can't remember). I'd say though in the bigger schools (according to ones here) that it's not the case, and the organiser is the only one who gets a point.

In the big rugby schools and even in smaller ones they have non teaching staff paid very well to coach the rugby, and hockey teams.

Have found it strange why all the teachers who have posted on this topic be so against someone getting a few pound extra (not like kids are losing out on teaching because of it) to manage and coach teams.

I've first hand knowledge of teachers getting at least a half point for this
I wouldn't be against  it at all. If the school have the budget and are willing to give a teacher(s) points or half points for taking  extra curricular activities then fair play!  I don't know any teacher that would turn it down.

O'Neill would rather buy the kids books with the money, which is very noble
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

superbad

I see the Abbey were beat today by Enniskillen in the MacRory.

NP 76

Abbey were winning by 7 pts. with 10 mins to go and didn't close it out from what I hear. They played one of their best forwards Donnacha Mc Aleenan as a corner back then made a raft of subs which didn't work

naka

abbey seem to be trying different people for different positions which is probably right given that the phoney war  is before Christmas
that being said they probably will fk it up again

FermGael

Has the group version of the mcRory not changed this year?

As far as i know only the top 2 teams in each group will qulaify for the quarter finals.
The rest will have be decided by plaff off games.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Orior

Some feedback - the Ulster Colleges football website is atrocious.

http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

elk

Quote from: NP 76 on October 23, 2013, 10:19:41 AM
Abbey were winning by 7 pts. with 10 mins to go and didn't close it out from what I hear. They played one of their best forwards Donnacha Mc Aleenan as a corner back then made a raft of subs which didn't work
Maybe they have plenty of good forwards and have a shortage of quality defenders, could be their Achilles heel this year.

Walter Cronc

Good luck to Maghera tonight in the Mageean Final against CPC.

Any craic

St Pats Maghera beat St Pats Armagh today at Derrytresk though only by a point in the MacRory Cup. See the goals here and an extremely impressive rainbow!
http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/video-st-patricks-maghera-1-9-st-patricks-armagh-1-8/

Walter Cronc

Rannafast Semi Final - Maghera 4-12 Omagh 3-9.

Maghera v Colmans Final. Friday night 7.45 in Queens.

naka

guys whats the format for the last 8 this year
in the mac rory
is it top 4 in each group and then open draw
if so group a seems to have some serious heavyweights who may miss out

PAULD123

Quote from: naka on November 13, 2013, 08:59:14 PM
guys whats the format for the last 8 this year
in the mac rory
is it top 4 in each group and then open draw
if so group a seems to have some serious heavyweights who may miss out

If BT were still sponsoring you wouldn't have to ask this question because their website was infinitely better than Danske Bank's.

I would also like to ask the same question Naka has asked and also does anyone have the latest tables that they could post here?

tyrone86

As far as I know the top 2 in each section qualify for the QFs automatically and then the next 4 playoff A3 v B6; A4 v B5; A5 v B4; A6 v B3 and it's open draw after that.