Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Abbey and the College in the Marshes at 11 afaik.
The Aristocrat Years

superbad

Thanks 5 Sams. Who are the big hitters?

naka

Shorty trainors son hits 2-8 for the abbey as they beat the college by 4
Seems to have had some game, also saw that DJ Kane son scored for the cbs

elk

Wasn't a great game, a lot of passing errors. Came down to which main forward had the better day. Turned out to be the Abbey lad who just wasn't marshelled as well as the College lad. Although the Abbey player was very accurate and put over some super points. Don't know if either team had key players missing or not.

superbad

Good result for the Abbey. I see there are a few games down for tomorrow. Enniskillen V Cavan. Lurgan V Ballygawley and Monaghan V Magherafelt.

The Worker

Ballygawley beat Lurgan 4-12 to 3-11, high scoring affair.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Worker on October 15, 2013, 12:14:31 PM
Ballygawley beat Lurgan 4-12 to 3-11, high scoring affair.

Pauric McAnenly with three goals for SCC.

Itchy

Enniskillen v Cavan was abandoned due to power failure! Cavan were two points up, think there was around 20mins played. What happens now, start game again from scratch?

johnneycool

Quote from: Itchy on October 15, 2013, 11:05:49 PM
Enniskillen v Cavan was abandoned due to power failure! Cavan were two points up, think there was around 20mins played. What happens now, start game again from scratch?

I heard a Malaysian betting syndicate was behind it, big money laid in the far east for the game not finishing.

Orior

Quote from: johnneycool on October 16, 2013, 03:20:17 PM

I heard a Malaysian betting syndicate was behind it, big money laid in the far east for the game not finishing.

In Ardglass?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on October 17, 2013, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 16, 2013, 03:20:17 PM

In Ardglass?

Further east than Ardglass.

Cloughey.

superbad

I see on the Ulster Colleges twitter a few of next weeks MacRory games. One question, why are so many during the school day? What happened to the traditional Saturday morning slot. I think it takes it away from the competition. Any games this Saturday?

Orior

Quote from: superbad on October 17, 2013, 10:47:46 PM
I see on the Ulster Colleges twitter a few of next weeks MacRory games. One question, why are so many during the school day? What happened to the traditional Saturday morning slot. I think it takes it away from the competition. Any games this Saturday?

Teachers doing everything possible to get out of school, leaving others to cover classes  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Line Ball

Quote from: superbad on October 17, 2013, 10:47:46 PM

I'd say that since the likes of Ray Morgan and Adrian Mc Guckian have retired that the new breed of teachers just aren't prepared to give their time on a Saturday the way it used to be.  Years ago all football was played on a Saturday but now apart from MacRory all other football is played during the week according to the fixtures and results on the Ulster Colleges twitter and facebook.  There are also new schools coming into the colleges who probably dont want to play on a Saturday either.

Do the teachers get paid for taking teams on a Saturday? 

naka

Would say you probably aren't fair wrong with teachers not wanting to do Saturdays
When I played school football in the 80s corn an nog, rannafast and mac Rory all were on a Saturday .