Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Gracious in victory. You're a credit to yourself
Careful now

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 21, 2013, 07:43:43 AM
Gracious in victory. You're a credit to yourself

I already gave credit to Bessbrook. Fair played to them and I wish them all the best in the next coming years but if Maghera had been beat I wouldn't be going on and on about it. The fact remains the Mc Cormick cup is a nothing competition and will remain that way. Leagues are for playing in, championships are for winning!

DuffleKing

Going into the final, Bessbrook were the only unbeaten team left

Rawhide

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 21, 2013, 08:32:44 AM

Going into the final, Bessbrook were the only unbeaten team left

If you include the Mc Cormaick cup as part of the MacRory competition I would agree,but he fact of the matter is that it isn't. But both teams playing the final were unbeaten in the MacRory Cup, its seems you think that the Mc Cormick Cup is part of the MacRory, it is not. Hope that i have clarified that small matter for you.
cccc is a true supporter lol

qubdub

How many Glen Maghera men were on the St Pat's panel? Seen there were something like 14 Clann Eireann players on the St Michael's McLarnon squad, albeit a grade lower I was just wondering has any other club contributed more players to one team at colleges' level???

Walter Cronc

11 Glen lads on the panel, 8 started the final. Should have been 12, but the Maghera management didnt see a place for last years Derry U17 captain! ::)

Rawhide

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2013, 11:07:12 AM
11 Glen lads on the panel, 8 started the final. Should have been 12, but the Maghera management didnt see a place for last years Derry U17 captain! ::)

u think. Well I could argue that Paul Mc Atamney and young Mc Neill could have started, never mind Neill Mc Nicholl who was sick or Conor Tadd and Ruairi Mc Elwee who would be a certs to start if they weren't injured.

Walter Cronc

If you read my post you'll see I'm referring to the panel Rawhide :)

Rawhide

BTW who was the u17 captain

Walter Cronc

ranch

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 19, 2013, 07:26:22 PM

Jeez will you ever give over. Your like an aul women harping on there!

Right  ::)

All I stated was that Maghera, once in the McCormick final, would clearly loved to have won it which is true. There's nothing in my previous post which isn't true or takes away from Maghera's success.

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2013, 07:38:00 AM
I already gave credit to Bessbrook. Fair played to them and I wish them all the best in the next coming years but if Maghera had been beat I wouldn't be going on and on about it. The fact remains the Mc Cormick cup is a nothing competition and will remain that way. Leagues are for playing in, championships are for winning!

It was in fact others who went "on and on" about how St. Paul's had the ref to thank for being within a point of Maghera in the first place. Others can have a different opinion and reply, it's usually how forums like this work.

Wildweasel74

Well the McCormack cup winners, nobody really looks at, but  people can remember previous Macrory cup finals, maybe cause it on Tv. the thing that bother me about school football is the way they pick the colleges all stars, which should be picked on form through the Macrory and not over a few weekends where players pair up with unfamiliar team members to play games to get recognized as a all star

ranch

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 21, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
Well the McCormack cup winners, nobody really looks at, but  people can remember previous Macrory cup finals, maybe cause it on Tv. the thing that bother me about school football is the way they pick the colleges all stars, which should be picked on form through the Macrory and not over a few weekends where players pair up with unfamiliar team members to play games to get recognized as a all star

Yeah the All Star system really is a joke. It seems that it's in place to have a good spread of players from different schools etc.

ranch

Hogan Cup semi-final :
St Patrick's, Maghera v St Gerald's, Castlebar. Saturday 30th March @3pm in Brewster Park, Enniskillen

Rawhide

Quote from: ranch on March 21, 2013, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 21, 2013, 07:32:23 PM

Yeah the All Star system really is a joke. It seems that it's in place to have a good spread of players from different schools etc.

Yeah, it looks that way. When you look at the players who didn't get one for whatever reason that's the only conclusion you can come to and therefore shouldn't be called All Stars, for example O' Hanlon, Burns, Cassidy, Tallon all playing on Monday, others like Noonan, Haughey and Mallon, real quality players, superior to many of the players who were awarded one. Players who all performed under pressure in knock out football in comparison to the trials, can you imagine it TRIALS. :o To further emphasise the point, St Colemans didn't get a so called All Star award, a team that drew and had a 2 pt defeat in a replay to the eventual champions, embarrassing. Surely educated teachers could come up with a more satisfactory method.