Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Thought the ref gave a load of handy frees throughout the game. Didn't think either side was really favoured over the other. Could have been more than two minutes injury time, that one was of particular benefit to Maghera.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
Thought the ref gave a load of handy frees throughout the game. Didn't think either side was really favoured over the other. Could have been more than two minutes injury time, that one was of particular benefit to Maghera.

Didn't give any injury time in the first half which is rare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ranch on March 18, 2013, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 18, 2013, 02:58:39 PM
O'Hanlons at the end when he clearly charged??

50/50. I've seen them given either way on many occasions, as I'm sure all of us have.

You think that one incident justifies your statement that he favoured St. Paul's for the entire 2nd half?

Apologies Jarlath!

Throw ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2013, 03:07:42 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2013, 03:04:43 PM

Didn't give any injury time in the first half which is rare

Was too bloody cold and wet. He was looking in for a hot drink!

ONeill

Many of that Bessbrook team available next year?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ranch

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2013, 03:15:46 PM
Many of that Bessbrook team available next year?

There'll be quite a few from the panel still there next year but it's hard to see them being as strong. I think the 5th years won the colleges B tournament before Christmas when they beat St. Joseph's Crossmaglen, but the step from that to MacRory will be huge.

Wildweasel74

To be honest outside of their no.14 who was very good and has played 2yrs of Armagh minors, i couldnt see where St Pauls scores would come from. St pats who had a poor enough 2nd half 2 yrs in a row just about edged it. And the free given at the end was never a free, man been held up by 4 defenders, ref was giving that type of decision to the defenders earlier in the game

yellowcard

Ref was very inconsistent to both sides and I was surprised that only 2 inutes injury time were played considering the number of substitutions and the stop start nature of the game. St Pauls underperformed but ultimately their inability to handle O'Hara in the first half proved costly. Numbers 6 and 10 for Maghera were excellent but only Burns and O'Hanlon in patches played well for St Pauls. They failed in not playing O'Hanlon at full forward in the second half and getting long ball in to him. Well done to Maghera though, hopefully they can go on and win the Hogan Cup.

Wildweasel74

hard to say how they they go, i thought the team they had last year was better

Walter Cronc

No idea really about the Hogan. Think they play the Connacht champs. I assume Jarlaths?? I heard Edenderry have lots back from last year! In saying that Im not even sure who the provincial champs are. Hopefully they can go on a run!!

Any craic

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 18, 2013, 03:47:57 PM
No idea really about the Hogan. Think they play the Connacht champs. I assume Jarlaths?? I heard Edenderry have lots back from last year! In saying that Im not even sure who the provincial champs are. Hopefully they can go on a run!!

Semi Final is against St Gerards Castlebar on Sat 30th March. Apparently beat Jarlaths in Connacht final.

Walter Cronc

Quick turnaround then! Wont be easy. Jarlaths arent the force they once were with no boarders!!

ranch

It's a better turnaround than some of the previous years. St. Paul's won MacLarnon last year then had the AI semi final 6 days later.

I'd imagine last years Hogan winners are still favourites (near sure I read somewhere they were still in it).
However Maghera have battled their way through Ulster with tight games against Enniskillen, St. Colman's twice and now St. Paul's. If they're involved in another tight game you have to fancy them to win it.

Jinxy

Edenderry are out lads.
Pats Navan beat them in the Leinster final a couple of weeks ago.
If you were any use you'd be playing.