Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brogin41

What do you mean What??.  Munster Colleges final played yesterday PCD v Sem St. Brendans,. and one of them won then again what do ye care, ye have a year on  us its u19 and a half up north????

Line Ball

Its actually U. 18 1/2

You mean who do the winners of Ulster play in the Hogan semi final?  No idea.

If Edenderry have many back from last year it wont make any difference as they will walk it again anyway (less of the swearing in the captains speech would be better as well). lol

Walter Cronc

Perhaps he would be best not talking about it then. In doing so he is making the issue public!

ranch

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
Perhaps he would be best not talking about it then. In doing so he is making the issue public!

I'm surprised it offends people to be honest.

Line Ball

St. Pats Maghera are, I believe, a non selective school but I have never heard them mention this or shove it down peoples throats like Bessbrook do.

Maghera have always been proud ambassadors for colleges football and have had a major contribution to Minor and Senior successes in Derry never mind what they have achieved as a top class college.

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2013, 11:22:06 PM

Some of the tweets from St Pauls or connections with them really make this a public issue!

Line Ball

Why would any school use selection as a means of motivation?  That is just clean mad! 

Whats coming across in the interviews after the games is that St Pauls are attempting to display a siege mentality – that everybody is against them !  Now they are up against a school with a similar admissions policy as themselves.  What are they going to use as motivation now?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Line Ball on March 04, 2013, 12:35:35 AM
Why would any school use selection as a means of motivation?  That is just clean mad! 

Whats coming across in the interviews after the games is that St Pauls are attempting to display a siege mentality – that everybody is against them !  Now they are up against a school with a similar admissions policy as themselves.  What are they going to use as motivation now?

On the money there. This whole non selective nonsense was a tactical ploy by Rafferty!! I'm not fooled by his 'cute hoorism'...

Any craic

Kildress man Colm Loughran kicked a long-range winner for St Joseph's Donaghmore in today's Danske Bank Nolan Cup Final. See it here http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/

Orchardman

I attended a non selective and have since taught in a couple, and I honestly hope St pauls win it as it is a fine school. But I agree with you in regards to any interviews I have seen this year on the ulster colleges website, which there have been plenty. Every time Jerome quinn asks a question there is a pile of talk about representing a great bunch of kids who other schools turn away. This is grand but i must have heard it 6 or 7 times at this stage. There shouldn't be any inferior or siege mentality, St Paul's has around 1600 pupils( yes, half of them are girls, just like maghera), with the main pick of south armagh! Yes it's the first year in the cup i know but I am glad to see them there and great to see them beat st colmans and abbey.

Probably not the thread for this but I think the N.I system is fine as it is, St colmans and abbey in newry are 2 fine school's as they are, and St Paul's is a fine comprehensive school, the government have plans ahead about trying to change it but I can't see it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Orchardman on March 04, 2013, 07:28:23 PM

I attended a non selective and have since taught in a couple, and I honestly hope St pauls win it as it is a fine school. But I agree with you in regards to any interviews I have seen this year on the ulster colleges website, which there have been plenty. Every time Jerome quinn asks a question there is a pile of talk about representing a great bunch of kids who other schools turn away. This is grand but i must have heard it 6 or 7 times at this stage. There shouldn't be any inferior or siege mentality, St Paul's has around 1600 pupils( yes, half of them are girls, just like maghera), with the main pick of south armagh! Yes it's the first year in the cup i know but I am glad to see them there and great to see them beat st colmans and abbey.

Probably not the thread for this but I think the N.I system is fine as it is, St colmans and abbey in newry are 2 fine school's as they are, and St Paul's is a fine comprehensive school, the government have plans ahead about trying to change it but I can't see it.

Totally agree orchardman. As an ex Maghera man I'm very proud to have come through the comp system but I never once have looked negatively towards St Mary's Magherafelt. It's not an issue in St Pats. We are proud of who we are and don't worry about other schools. By constantly mentioning it Rafferty is actually giving these kids a complex!

Orchardman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2013, 08:09:10 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on March 04, 2013, 07:28:23 PM

Totally agree orchardman. As an ex Maghera man I'm very proud to have come through the comp system but I never once have looked negatively towards St Mary's Magherafelt. It's not an issue in St Pats. We are proud of who we are and don't worry about other schools. By constantly mentioning it Rafferty is actually giving these kids a complex!

Exactly. I have to say it is possible that rafferty ( who by all accounts is a great fella) and co are reacting to a slurry of smart remarks that i'm not privy to, but surely it can't be more than a bit of slagging, I don't know.

Dougal Maguire

Methinks the debate which Rafferty's comments has started would suggest he's winning the mind games
Careful now

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 04, 2013, 11:04:14 PM
Methinks the debate which Rafferty's comments has started would suggest he's winning the mind games

How have you came to that conclusion?

Throw ball

To be honest who really gives a damn. Let the football do the talking. Then again maybe it is my grammar school education that makes me draw that conclusion. ;D

Dougal Maguire

I share all your sentiments
Careful now