Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Video - see the last 2 scores as St Pats Maghera beat champions St Michael's in today's Danske Bank MacRory Cup QFs http://tinyurl.com/ajujmjk

Any craic

Video Penalty Drama in Danske Bank MacRory Cup. See St Macartans Monaghan snatch victory today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bsuDsm2AV4&feature=player_embedded

elk

get yur money on St Pauls for the final!

The Worker

Any word on venues for mc Laren semi finals?

Peter OToole

Quote from: elk on December 20, 2012, 08:51:43 AM
Seen O'Hara playing a couple of times this year, very impressive each time. Looks like a good prospect for Derry seniors in the near future.
You clearly didn't see the quarter final! He nearly cost maghera the game!

Dougal Maguire

Jesus. That's a very harsh comment to place on a public forum about an 18 year old amateur sportsman
Careful now

ONeill

Yep, should've saved it til he was 19.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

or at least until he turned professional... 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 23, 2013, 09:58:01 AM
Jesus. That's a very harsh comment to place on a public forum about an 18 year old amateur sportsman

Peter has came out with a couple of very silly statements this morning. Going by the fact his posts were at around 5 am I'm guessing it's beer talk!

Walter Cronc

For all the slating they get, and at times justifiably so BBC NI have got highlights from yesterday's Mac Rory semi final up. See link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/21559486?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

What's the story with Jerome Quinn and the Ulster Colleges? Maybe Any Craic can clarify?? Jerome had the highlights up in no time when he was over them. Now we have a very poor and late response from the official colleges site regarding highlights.

theticklemister

Any craic is the man. Well done Jerome... Ahem sorry Mr. Craic.

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 24, 2013, 05:35:20 PM
For all the slating they get, and at times justifiably so BBC NI have got highlights from yesterday's Mac Rory semi final up. See link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/21559486?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

What's the story with Jerome Quinn and the Ulster Colleges? Maybe Any Craic can clarify?? Jerome had the highlights up in no time when he was over them. Now we have a very poor and late response from the official colleges site regarding highlights.

I think he may have been in Athlone at the Sigerson Cup, I suppose its hard to be everywhere.

Very hard competition to call at this stage. Any of Maghera, St Colmans or Bessbrook could win it but I'd fancy the winner may come from this weeks replay.

Think St Colmans might have their Hogan Cup winning midfielder Gough back for the replay so they might be slight favourites but its still hard to call. 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on February 24, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

I think he may have been in Athlone at the Sigerson Cup, I suppose its hard to be everywhere.

Very hard competition to call at this stage. Any of Maghera, St Colmans or Bessbrook could win it but I'd fancy the winner may come from this weeks replay.

Think St Colmans might have their Hogan Cup winning midfielder Gough back for the replay so they might be slight favourites but its still hard to call. 

You could be right there regarding the Sigerson. I just thought ulster colleges might want exclusive rights to the highlights and they weren't uploading them as quick! I agree that any one of the last four could win it and I certainly wouldnt rule out the SEM. Any team that beats a very strong Dungannon side deserves respect!

Am I right in saying that midfielder is Conor Goughs younger brother?? Did he play in the Hogan winning side?? I though Haughey was the only remaining player from that team. Maghera will also have Connor Carville returning at centre back as he missed the game through illness. Tight game in store!!

Rawhide

Would Gough not be suspended, he got a straight red? If that's the case it's one month suspension. Carville was a big lost for St Pats, this was a game Maghera had won, 3 up with ten left on the clock, but Colemans showed the quality they have in their forward division to turn the game on its head to go 1 up on the full normal time, and also had it won, but for a super equaliser. If Maghera can get a couple of their forwards finding scoring form they will win it, but it will mean finding their scoring form. They are creating more scoring chances against all the teams they play, but convention rate not good enough yet.

A word on the ref Higgins, he did a good job, deserves a pat on the back as the only time refs get a mention is when a team looses, nobody lost :D ;D
cccc is a true supporter lol

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 24, 2013, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 24, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

You could be right there regarding the Sigerson. I just thought ulster colleges might want exclusive rights to the highlights and they weren't uploading them as quick! I agree that any one of the last four could win it and I certainly wouldnt rule out the SEM. Any team that beats a very strong Dungannon side deserves respect!

Am I right in saying that midfielder is Conor Goughs younger brother?? Did he play in the Hogan winning side?? I though Haughey was the only remaining player from that team. Maghera will also have Connor Carville returning at centre back as he missed the game through illness. Tight game in store!!

Yes he is indeed my bad, its Conall Gough, still a good player. Not sure on the suspension rules either I had just presumed he would get an automatic one match ban but maybe someone else could clarify. Carville returning would be a big boost for Maghera so its a finely balanced game. Seen St Colmans playing Bessbrook in the group stages and it didn't look like they were up to much at that stage but they must have improved a lot.