Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 04:03:42 PM
Did St Colman's send anyone to the trials ? Hard to believe with their track record that they would have no-one capable of winning a football all-star.

Jack Haughey strikes me as a very good player.

elk

Seen O'Hara playing a couple of times this year, very impressive each time. Looks like a good prospect for Derry seniors in the near future.

PAULD123

Quote from: yellowcard on December 17, 2012, 05:50:37 PM
McRory Quarter Finals

Dungannon v St McCartans
St Colmans v Omagh
Abbey v Bessbrook
Enniskillen v Maghera

Big derby game with St Pauls Bessbrook and Abbey is the pick of thegames.

Would expect Dungannon, Omagh, Bessbrook, & Maghera to win.

Yellowcard, do you know anyway of finding out when and where the quarter finals will be played?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: elk on December 20, 2012, 08:51:43 AM
Seen O'Hara playing a couple of times this year, very impressive each time. Looks like a good prospect for Derry seniors in the near future.

Long way to go, trust me! Out of the 3 Kearney has most potential.

Quote from: PAULD123 on December 20, 2012, 08:57:45 AM
McRory Quarter Finals

Dungannon v St McCartans
St Colmans v Omagh
Abbey v Bessbrook
Enniskillen v Maghera

Yellowcard, do you know anyway of finding out when and where the quarter finals will be played?

That won't be announced until the new year at the earliest.

elk

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 20, 2012, 09:00:50 AM
Quote from: elk on December 20, 2012, 08:51:43 AM

Long way to go, trust me! Out of the 3 Kearney has most potential.

Quote from: PAULD123 on December 20, 2012, 08:57:45 AM
McRory Quarter Finals

Dungannon v St McCartans
St Colmans v Omagh
Abbey v Bessbrook
Enniskillen v Maghera

That won't be announced until the new year at the earliest.

I agreed with Dungannon, Omagh and Maghera but I think the St.Pauls / Abbey will be a tight game which could go either way.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on Today at 11:09:14 AM

Quote from: elk on Today at 09:42:49 AM

Must not have been good enough!

Trust me he is certainly good enough. He has been injured this past while. He missed the mc Cormick final and maybe a few group games. Perhaps that killeavy man 'Yellowcard' could clarify? ;)

Now Walter please do NOT tar me with that brush, they are merely neighbours and rivals. I don't know what the situation was but yeah your right he was injured for the McCormack final so he possibly missed trials (though I'm not sure). I don't know much about the quality of the other 6 forwards on the All Star team but I'd be very surprised if O'hanlon isn't among the top 6 in Ulster considering he was asked onto the Armagh SENIOR panel both last year and this year. 

Watched the St.Pauls / St. Colmans game on Destintation Newry and O'Hanlon was definitely not the outstanding forward player on the pitch. In fact had to check he was actually on the pitch - don't understand all the hype around this lad. Placing a lot of pressure on young shoulders.
He was injured that day
Careful now

Any craic

John Rafferty, Lorcan McMullan from Knock and Shea Heffron at St Michael's Lurgan - all did well at the All Stars and are on this video: http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/all-stars-highlights-video/

onefaircounty

Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 02:44:41 PM

Watched the St.Pauls / St. Colmans game on Destintation Newry and O'Hanlon was definitely not the outstanding forward player on the pitch. In fact had to check he was actually on the pitch - don't understand all the hype around this lad. Placing a lot of pressure on young shoulders.

So you slam people for going with the hype but dismiss him on one showing?

shawshank

Quote from: kounty on December 21, 2012, 04:24:54 PM
well o hanlon did only score 7pts against tyrone in minor game and armagh seniors want him so i suppose your right players who didnt even play county football this year deserved the award more.

On that note, O'Hanlon,  Conor Mallon St Pats Dungannon, CHB for Tyrone minors last year, Haughey St Colemans, forward for Down minors last season, Peter Cassidy St Pats maghera, MF Derry minors last year. None on that team. On saying that I know nothing about the trials i.e. who attended and who didn't, but this what I do know. Getting a college All Star for playing a trial game is akin to being class at soccer on PS3. Theres a big difference when its comes to playing when it actually matters!!

elk

Seen him a few times really dont think he is that impressive

rrhf

It's remarkable how opinions differ.  As they used to say one mans average talent is another mans relative.

yellowcard

Quote from: elk on December 26, 2012, 10:17:57 PM
Seen him a few times really dont think he is that impressive

Your standards for judging a player must be very high but your entitled to your opinion. In terms of pure natural ability there are few, if any better at minor level I would say.

elk

You are right I am entitled to my own opinion and I am only judging the lad on his performances when I have seen him play. Perhaps I will see the player that some say he is in the Ulster final against Watty's. Hopefully the weather will be kind and with all the talent available to both teams we will witness a great final.

Any craic

Great achievement by St Paul's Bessbrook tonight in beating the Abbey in front of 4000 in Newry to reach the MacRory Semis for the first time. See a John Rafferty interview and match action here:  http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/proud-night-for-st-pauls-video-interview-with-john-rafferty

naka

College play maghera in semi
St. Paul's and dungannon