Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaamann

Good summery Lineball the ref last night moved the ball 10 meters forward when one of the Glenn management team questioned a decision don't think that's in the rules they are a law onto themselves games are being decided by guys who are answerable to no one

Hedgehunter

Quote from: gaamann on August 02, 2014, 08:41:42 PM
Anybody on here was at the Glenn Longstone game last night thought the ref had a shocker give the home team very little think the Stone players were embarrassed by some of the decisions

The tackle that started the row was an absolute disgrace.

5 Sams

Ballyholland win a game by playing attacking football shocker!!!! Harps beat L'Island by 6 today to ease relegation worries.
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Quote from: gaamann on August 02, 2014, 11:23:16 PM
Good summery Lineball the ref last night moved the ball 10 meters forward when one of the Glenn management team questioned a decision don't think that's in the rules they are a law onto themselves games are being decided by guys who are answerable to no one

A certain high profile Antrim hurling referee moved a ball forward against us for what a spectator said, I couldn't believe it.

supersub

Quote from: Line Ball on August 02, 2014, 09:19:47 PM
I wasn't at that game but have seen quite a few Div 1 & 2 games and none of the referees I have seen would inspire me with confidence that a. they know what they are doing or b. have any clue about implementing the new rules from Croke Park.  Quite a few of them are so up themselves its not funny, some started out decent enough but have now ended up full of themselves, some are blatant cheats and may have a few pound on a game, many are just incompetent beyond belief and just don't have a clue about new or old rules, a few are just ok.  They are a necessary evil and we cannot do without them, I just wish many of them were better than they are.

BTW, what happened Supersubs post in reply to DimJim the other day where he said that the County Board had given permission for John Fegan to play in the Reserve Championship?  It seems to have gone now for some reason.

Just to clarify this is still the case - I just couldn't be bothered with any more forward and back nonsense.

superblues

As far as l am aware supersub he got permission to play in the premier reserve championship as it says on the e mail received by all clubs

supersub

Indeed but as far as I'm aware that wasn't the final correspondence on the matter.

Town Gael

Very  entertaining game in Castlewellan  tonight with the Town winning 7-12 to Longstone's 4-13. Very open game played in a sporting manner. No one for those like defensive football  but definitely one for those who like to see scores.

NP 76

Poucher wouldn't like to hear scores like that. I know what I would rather watch

Predictor

Anyone know why the county board hasn't given any time or venue for any of the Junior Championship Games
They had the venues ad times for both Intermediate & Senior Championship games sorted over 2/3 weeks ago and even tho all 3 championships have games over the same weekend (14th-18th augest) junior championship still don't know were there game will be played

downjim

I see Kilcoo are back in the reserve championship.  ::)

superblues

Were did you see that downjim ?

supersub

::) indeed. A strange situation all round.

Just to add the match is refixed, Kilcoo are not back in at the expense of the opposition.

downjim

Rules state that the two teams should have been put out and Byransford been put through to the final. A strange decision indeed.Is Fegan allowed to play?