NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2023, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2023, 01:06:58 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2023, 01:03:38 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 17, 2023, 12:22:15 PM
I have a feeling for Galway this year for the All Ireland...It's wide open and TBH 50% of teams in Div 1 and top 2 in Div 2 have a chance of winning it. Very open this year and Galway have the players to do it.
As of this weekend I fear for Armagh...if we're beat tomorrow against Galway Tyrone could realastically relegate us the following Sunday, I suppose from an Armagh point of view we will want Tyrone to beat Monaghan this weekend and Mayo to beat Donegal which keeps us safe for another year but them two matches could easily go the other way. It's exciting that it's going down to the last game but not good for the nerves...All this talk about Mayo, Rossies and Galway not wanting to play in league decider due to Championship the following weeks hopefully is not true and they go out to perform as in previous rounds...

Galway won't mind a league final with a gap between the final and the start of their first championship game.  For finals to retain next year the pre season comps will have to be scrapped with the NFL to start early Jan instead.
I don't think it's far to county teams to move the start into Jan when county championships have not been rationalised.

club matches need to be finished in a calendar year.
The club finals need to be run in November. Club scheduling is a whorehouse at the moment
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

I have a feeling for Galway this year for the All Ireland...It's wide open and TBH 50% of teams in Div 1 and top 2 in Div 2 have a chance of winning it. Very open this year and Galway have the players to do it.
As of this weekend I fear for Armagh...if we're beat tomorrow against Galway Tyrone could realastically relegate us the following Sunday, I suppose from an Armagh point of view we will want Tyrone to beat Monaghan this weekend and Mayo to beat Donegal which keeps us safe for another year but them two matches could easily go the other way. It's exciting that it's going down to the last game but not good for the nerves...All this talk about Mayo, Rossies and Galway not wanting to play in league decider due to Championship the following weeks hopefully is not true and they go out to perform as in previous rounds...

Armagh might still go down in that scenario.  Monaghan could lose to Tyrone but beat Mayo leaving them on 6.  Donegal could lose to Mayo but beat Roscommon which would leave them on 5 and whilst we would have the head to head over them Kerry could also end up on 5 by losing to Roscommon and drawing with Galway.  So this game is crucial for Armagh.  Even a win doesn't see them safe if Monaghan and Tyrone draw
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seafoid

armaghniac

Quote from: David McKeown on March 17, 2023, 05:30:44 PM

Armagh might still go down in that scenario.  Monaghan could lose to Tyrone but beat Mayo leaving them on 6.  Donegal could lose to Mayo but beat Roscommon which would leave them on 5 and whilst we would have the head to head over them Kerry could also end up on 5 by losing to Roscommon and drawing with Galway.  So this game is crucial for Armagh.  Even a win doesn't see them safe if Monaghan and Tyrone draw

Kerry only getting one point from Roscommon and Galway would be regarded as below par in the Kingdom. Bu let's hope that Armagh can at least draw with Galway and remove these permutations.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Armagh might still go down in that scenario.  Monaghan could lose to Tyrone but beat Mayo leaving them on 6.  Donegal could lose to Mayo but beat Roscommon which would leave them on 5 and whilst we would have the head to head over them Kerry could also end up on 5 by losing to Roscommon and drawing with Galway.  So this game is crucial for Armagh. Even a win doesn't see them safe if Monaghan and Tyrone draw
If Armagh win they have 7. How can they be relegated ?

Captain Obvious

At least seven points you can relax. Stuck on 6,5,4 points going into round 7 and you'll be left to sweat it out.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 17, 2023, 09:09:19 PM
At least seven points you can relax. Stuck on 6,5,4 points going into round 7 and you'll be left to sweat it out.
Unless Donegal lose
Monaghan have Mayo I think in the last match so if Tyrone beat them the Axe effect should work

An Fhairche Abu

Galway team named, 3 changes from Monaghan starting 15.
Sean Fitzgerald, John Maher, and Shane Walsh come in for Eoghan Kelly, Rob Finnerty and the suspended Peter Cooke.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 17, 2023, 10:06:57 PM
Galway team named, 3 changes from Monaghan starting 15.
Sean Fitzgerald, John Maher, and Shane Walsh come in for Eoghan Kelly, Rob Finnerty and the suspended Peter Cooke.

Bit of a strange looking side unless there are changes. I guess Cooke is suspended and McDaid is probably carrying a knock.

Rossfan

Long haul tomorrow but thankfully staying the night.
Hope we can limit the margin and prevent damage to our score difference.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

David McKeown

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2023, 09:04:59 PM

Armagh might still go down in that scenario.  Monaghan could lose to Tyrone but beat Mayo leaving them on 6.  Donegal could lose to Mayo but beat Roscommon which would leave them on 5 and whilst we would have the head to head over them Kerry could also end up on 5 by losing to Roscommon and drawing with Galway.  So this game is crucial for Armagh. Even a win doesn't see them safe if Monaghan and Tyrone draw
If Armagh win they have 7. How can they be relegated ?

It's convoluted but possible.
Tyrone and Monaghan draw that would leave them on 5. Tyrone then beat Armagh leaving them on 7 whilst Monaghan beat Mayo leaving Monaghan on seven.

Kerry beat Roscommon but draw with Galway would leave both Kerry and Galway on 7. Then Roscommon beat or draw with Donegal leaving them on 8 or 7. If we say Mayo beat Donegal and Roscommon draw with them then the final table could be.

Mayo 10
Roscommon 7
Galway 7
Kerry 7
Armagh 7
Monaghan 7
Tyrone 7
Donegal 4
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

An Watcher

Should this be on the wtf thread

An Watcher

Looking forward to watching both the rugby and the armagh game today but sone wonderful scheduling has denied me thr pleasure.  Fantastic

armaghniac

Hopefully, Ireland will get so far ahead that you'll be able to turn over to the Armagh game for somthing more competitive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: An Watcher on March 18, 2023, 11:24:34 AM
Looking forward to watching both the rugby and the armagh game today but sone wonderful scheduling has denied me thr pleasure.  Fantastic
True gaels will of course choose Armagh v Galway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM