Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 07:59:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 09:19:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 09:01:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 08:09:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 07:36:58 PM
People are leaving to better themselves, it's up to the Irish immigration authorities to keep anyone arriving at the airport without documents and send them home.

If immigrants see a loop hole then that's on Customs/immigration authorities to sort out.

That goes for anyone arriving at the port, they ain't arriving on dinghy's

If people are leaving to better themselves they are economics migrants not refugees or asylum seekers

Ireland has no legal  or fiscal obligation to these people

Especially not at the expanse of the taxpayers

I'm not saying they are refugees, they are leaving (like a lot of people) to improve their lives...

It's completely down to whoever is allowing them in, like I said they ain't arriving on small inflatable boats
Presumably International Law requires them to be put up while being investigated?

If I head to the States without documentation ( how anyone is allowed through an airport without it) they'll send me home or do they have international law?

If you cross the Southern Border without documents, my understanding is they have to let you in pending approval. That's why Trump implemented the "wait in Mexico"  rule. (Would a peasant from a village have a passport or drivers license....probably not)

If you land at JFK or Logan and have no identification when you present yourself at Homeland Security you would be put on the next plane back to where you came from

So it's not international law when you land at an airport that they can't send you home? So why do they allow it in Dublin??

in terms of asylum, the 1951 convention. If you claim asylum your claim has to be considered. Doesn't matter if you are documented or not. Some of the people who arrive with without passports wont ever have had them in their possession anyway

Serious question

How do you arrive on a plane without a passport?

Yeah like how does that happen? You are leaving Albania airport, you get to check in, with no passport, you then get to security with no passport then get on the plane? It's not Home alone 2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 09:22:17 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 25, 2023, 09:13:12 AM
People are leaving to better themselves, it's up to the Irish immigration authorities to keep anyone arriving at the airport without documents and send them home.

If immigrants see a loop hole then that's on Customs/immigration authorities to sort out.

If people are leaving to better themselves they are economics migrants not refugees or asylum seekers

I'm not saying they are refugees, they are leaving (like a lot of people) to improve their lives...

It's completely down to whoever is allowing them in, like I said they ain't arriving on small inflatable boats
Presumably International Law requires them to be put up while being investigated?

If I head to the States without documentation ( how anyone is allowed through an airport without it) they'll send me home or do they have international law?

If you cross the Southern Border without documents, my understanding is they have to let you in pending approval. That's why Trump implemented the "wait in Mexico"  rule. (Would a peasant from a village have a passport or drivers license....probably not)

If you land at JFK or Logan and have no identification when you present yourself at Homeland Security you would be put on the next plane back to where you came from

So it's not international law when you land at an airport that they can't send you home? So why do they allow it in Dublin??

in terms of asylum, the 1951 convention. If you claim asylum your claim has to be considered. Doesn't matter if you are documented or not. Some of the people who arrive with without passports wont ever have had them in their possession anyway

Serious question

Yeah like how does that happen? You are leaving Albania airport, you get to check in, with no passport, you then get to security with no passport then get on the plane? It's not Home alone 2

A lot of times one person will hold the passports, in this case the facilitator. Once they arrive at the airport the facilitator will keep the passports and go through the PCP and leave the people he or she was supposed to help to fend for themselves.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 10:26:38 AM

Serious question

A lot of times one person will hold the passports, in this case the facilitator. Once they arrive at the airport the facilitator will keep the passports and go through the PCP and leave the people he or she was supposed to help to fend for themselves.

So put them back on the return plane? If the Yanks do it and its ok? why are they not doing it here? Do it a dozen or so times and see if that reduces it. Also detailed searches on hand luggage of people coming off these places were trends are starting.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Serious question

And it's very possible the passports are fake to begin with, and that someone at the departure airport could be bribed it threatened into letting people board

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 12:05:18 PM

Serious question

So put them back on the return plane? If the Yanks do it and its ok? why are they not doing it here? Do it a dozen or so times and see if that reduces it. Also detailed searches on hand luggage of people coming off these places were trends are starting.

If a person claims asylum they cant be put back on the plane and returned to the country of origin until their claim has been dealt with. If they claim asylum their bags will be searched

tonto1888

Quote from: whitey on January 25, 2023, 12:17:44 PM

Serious question

And it's very possible the passports are fake to begin with, and that someone at the departure airport could be bribed it threatened into letting people board

Also true. Or they could be in on it. People smuggling is big business

Milltown Row2

Just put them back on the plane and be done with it.. If it was that easy, why are people spending thousands of pounds to get to England and now Ireland by dinghy when you just have to get on a plane? Seems a bit daft?

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 12:27:56 PM
Just put them back on the plane and be done with it.. If it was that easy, why are people spending thousands of pounds to get to England and now Ireland by dinghy when you just have to get on a plane? Seems a bit daft?

You can't just put them back on the plane and be done with it. If we could it would be a lot easier. Though you still would have the problems of getting the aircraft to take them etc

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 12:31:20 PM

You can't just put them back on the plane and be done with it. If we could it would be a lot easier. Though you still would have the problems of getting the aircraft to take them etc
Change the law so that you can then. Pull out of whatever agreements that force us to keep the c***ts!

Milltown Row2

If they have come in on a plane it generally is a return flight? If the yanks do it why can't the Irish do it? Still doesn't answer why they even get on those dangerous boats when they talk about spending thousands of pounds to get here.. Fly and claim asylum

whitey

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/07/gang-rape-victims-trauma-after-heathrow-passengers-stop-attackers-deportation-9128061/amp/

Can you imagine the ruckus some of them would kick up on the plane if they tried to put them on the next plane back?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on January 25, 2023, 12:38:13 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/07/gang-rape-victims-trauma-after-heathrow-passengers-stop-attackers-deportation-9128061/amp/

Can you imagine the ruckus some of them would kick up on the plane if they tried to put them on the next plane back?

Are there ruckus's in JFK when people are being deported?

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 12:38:10 PM

If they have come in on a plane it generally is a return flight? If the yanks do it why can't the Irish do it? Still doesn't answer why they even get on those dangerous boats when they talk about spending thousands of pounds to get here.. Fly and claim asylum

Not necessarily. Let's remember, a lot of these people wont have booked the flights, they will have given money to a facilitator. They may not remember, or know, which airports they have passed through enroute to get here, so where do we return them to? This isn't a refusal of leave to enter you are talking about where you can return them on the next available flight, it's asylum. It is a different ball game.
Can the Yanks actually do it? Are there circumstances in which they can do it and cannot do it?

Armagh18

That f**ker just needs bullet in the head.

tonto1888

This si the thing, people have no idea who these guys are. Like those guys in Scotland